Chapter 5 - Eunhae

Demon Appraiser

Donghae was a handsome boy and he looked good in any attire. Hence, Eunhyuk was indulged in getting new clothings for Donghae frequently.

However, Donghae kept on sleeping but he was growing each day. Very soon, Donghae was not able to fit into the clothings anymore. Slowly, Donghae stopped buying clothing online because by the time they arrived, Donghae had grown bigger and he wouldn't fit into them.

About half a year later, Donghae was about the size of a 5 years old. Needless to say, Donghae was no long sleeping in his baby cot and he was sleeping on a cute child bed which came with a slide.

One day, Eunhyuk returned home after a mission and he discovered Donghae missing from the bed. Eunhyuk feared that the top Management discover about Donghae and had taken him away. When Eunhyuk was about to storm out of the house to rescue Donghae, he saw a child wobbling near the walker.

"Donghae!" Eunhyuk called out.

Donghae tilted his head and his large brown orbs looked at Eunhyuk and blinked.

Eunhyuk instantly felt a warm sensation in his heart and he later described to me that he was happier than winning the $5 million lottery. Nothing could describe Eunhyuk's joy of seeing Donghae waking up after having been sleeping for so long.

Eunhyuk became busier after he was promoted to Senior trainer and he often had to work late into the night. Nevertheless, Eunhyuk still spent some time with Donghae, teaching him how to walk.

When Donghae grew much taller, he was not able to use the walker anymore. This, Donghae had to support himself against the walls when he tried to walk. For the initial few days, Donghae kept falling due to his weak legs and it pained Eunhyuk so much that he bought a thick carpet for Donghae. Subsequently, Eunhyuk realized that Donghae would not get any bruises no matter how hard he fell. 

Eunhyuk's effort paid off as Donghae was able to walk after 2 weeks though he was not walking steadily. This had made Eunhyuk flashing his gummy smiled all the times and the other trainers and Demons thought that he won the lottery and coaxed Eunhyuk to treat them to dinner at a posh restaurant.

Not long after, Donghae was able to run about in the house. The most satisfying matter for Eynhyuk was that Donghae started eating food. For a Demon, they did not require any food but there was no harm even if they ate human food. Donghae had his little chair at the dining table and ate with Eunhyuk. Strangely, Donghae was eating small spoonfuls of rice or vegetables but he hardly touched meat. Donghae was extremely scared of eating seafood. 

Eventually, Donghae's favourite food was found to be ramen and he could finish off a bowl on his own within a few minutes. Eunhyuk had to bang his spoon on the table to caution Donghae to eat slowly. After seeing the large teary eyes and pouting mouth, Eunhyuk surrendered and he let Donghae had his way with his ramen.

During a cold winter day, Eunhyuk hurried home. After hanging up his thick winter coat on the clothes rack, he smelled food. Eunhyuk went into the kitchen and saw Donghae standing on the chair near the stove. He was stirring the ramen in the pot with his chubby hand. Donghae smiled broadly at Eunhyuk and gestured him over to taste his food.

Eunhyuk felt a queer feeling on his face. He went over to Donghae and hugged him.

                                                                                     ********************************************************

Despite everything, Eunhyuk encountered problems too.

Now, Donghae was the size of a 12 years old but his movement was still clumsy. The most worrying thing was that Donghae was not able to speak. And so this was the reason that prompted Eunhyuk to visit me in my office.

"Hey Dongwan, don't look at me with that looks! I am not any ert okay!" Eunhyuk hissed at me.

"Yah. If you became a ert and please do not get me into trouble." I wanted to cry but I had no tears," Why did you being your precious son here. Don't you know that there are CCTV cameras installed in my office! If the recording caught you bringing a Demon to my office but I did not certify it... I will lose my job plus the performance bonus that will be paid out next month..."

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes at me," You mean you value your miserable bonus over me! Your best friend and brother? I am not so stupid okay. I brought along a disruptor okay. This will disrupt the signals and it will be snowy flakes on the recording."

"But don't forget there might be undercovers here in the building." I whined.

Eunhyuk grinned," I am Mr Popular and who will report me off. If anyone dared to do so, I will curse him all the way. And only you can see Demon. The other might just think that I am bringing my nephew here to visit you."

"Eunhyuk, what happen to you? You became cleverer." I was amazed. " How did you go round the security guard at the back door?"

"Huh! Please Kim Dongwan. I came in through the front entrance!"

"If you are leaving later through the front entrance, please help me to give a sound beating to the security guard there."

"Huh? He offended you?"

"Yes!" I nodded," He alway allowed weirdo, including you, to my office!"

Eunhyuk begged me to take a look at Donghae to identify his spiece. I looked all over Donghae and he was just a large fish to me. There was nothing extraordinary except that Donghae (fish form) had no eyes. I left them and went to search on my personal database.

There was more than 110 spiece of fish type Demons in my database but none of them was without eyes. I was unable to identify Donghae straight away and I wondered if Demons kind had handicapped spieces.

"Black fins, sharp mouth, small scales and my premininary assessment of Dongahe is a fish type Demon..."

"And?"

"Donghae is a fish but an eyeless fish." I smiled at Eunhyuk.

"You are a quack Dongwan. You can't even let me know his spieces! If Donghae had no eyes then how could his human form see?"

I got furious when my professionalism was being questioned," If I am to write about the relationship between a Demon's true form and his human form, I could fill up this building! Maybe it was that Donghae does not have eyes which made him unable to speak!"

Eunhyuk did not argue with me as he was engaged in a game of tug and war with Donghae. Donghae did not want to remain in my office and wanted to swim out. I chuckled and removed my glasses. I saw Eunhyuk pulling a very handsome teenager which was very suggesting keke....

I looked at the comical scene," Say Eunhyuk, what have you done to Donghae?"

"What! I did not do anything!" Eunhyuk yelled at me.

"Then Donghae shouldn't be behaving like this."

Eunhyuk grabbed onto Donghae's collars," I did not know what happen to Donghae recently. Well for the past 1 year, Donghae gave me a sulking face when he sees me and he loves to run away from home. You know that Donghae is still young and he could not possible display any power and I was so scared that he would be kidnapped by the children trafficker to be sold away. So I installed a tracking device on him. Everytime, Donghae ran away from home, I would be able to track him and drag him home. There was once, he left the city and I sped on my motorcycle to chase after him. And the others at work thought that I was after a wanted criminal as I violated so much traffic regulations! Just take today for exanple, I had to struggle to bring Donghae here and I almost had to put him on a dog lease."

My eyes became wide," Eunhyuk, you are becoming a ert."

Eunhyuk hoisted Donghae over his shoulders and I noticed that Eunhyuk's face wrinkled. Was Donghae that heavy?

"Alright, we are going off. Donghae, greet Dongwan ahjussi goodbye."

"Who is ahjussi!" I yelled at the top of my voice. I am very sensitive with age.

Donghae wriggled his body and hopped down from Eunhyuk's shoulder. He fell flat on the floor and Eunhyuk bent down to check if Donghae was hurt. However, Donghae pushed Eunhyuk away and crawled off. In a blink of an eye, Donghae was hugging my feet.

No matter how Eunhyuk and I tried to coax or persuade Donghae, he refused to let go of me. Earlier, Donghae was dying to get out of my office and now he simply refused to move. What a weird kid, oops, I meant weird Demon.

Eunhyuk felt dejected and I quickly raised my hands up," This is not my fault."

 Eunhyuk crouched near Donghae," Donghae, don't you want to go home? I will cook your favourite ramen for you."

Donghae shook his head, refused to look at Eunhyuk.

I coughed awkwardly," Maybe Donghae enters into the stage of being rebellious."

"Aishi, I give up. Donghae, I am leaving you here."

"Yah Lee Eunhyuk. Don't you dare to walk off like this!" I wanted to stop Eunhyuk from leaving but I felt Donghae hugging my feet even tighter."I will send Donghae to Minwoo to get his identification. Perhaps I could get a higher payout for my performance bonus."

Eunhyuk looked at me and smirked," You won't do that."

That bastard Eunhyuk really abandoned Donghae at my office. I was scared that Donghae would run off and so I started to secure the windows and in the end, my room was stuffy.

Seeing that there was no chance of escaping, Donghae was so depressed that he sat in a corner and hugged his knees to his chest. He lifted his head and looked so pitiful.

Now, I took time to examine Donghae's face carefully. Donghae really looked so pleasing that no one could match him in appearance. Being a Demon had his advantage, I guess.

I came close to Donghae," Do you want to eat anything?"

Donghae was stunned and he shook his head before he retreated towards the wall. I was terrified that Donghae might bore a hole in the wall if he retreat anymore. I stepped back from Donghae and he seemed relieved.... What the Hell, Donghae was deluding me!

I called up Eunhyuk personal mobile number and screamed at him," Your son is definitely in the rebellious stage!"

"I am so glad that Donghae does not dislike tou." I heard Eunhyuk's laughter at the other end."

"F*** you!" I slammed the phone.

To me, the most difficult people to deal with would be Demons, Lunatics and Children. Donghae had two of the traits which rendered me helpless in this situation.

I gave Donghae a cup of water and he poured it over his head. I was shocked for a moment but knowing that he was a fish and so it seemed logical for Donghae to act this way?!

At this moment, I heard knocking on my door.

I frozen in my place and my hair stood up. What if any of the top Management saw me with a wet and frightened teenager, alone in my office. I could not save my reputation! I decided to pretend that I am not in.

The visitor was persistent and he knocked on my door for a good 15 minutes. I imitated Donghae and curled up at a corner. I realized that this position was only suitable for kids. Those with aching back shouldn't attempt this position at all!

"Ya Kim Dongwan, if you refused to open this damn door, I will report to your superior that you left work before the official knock off time!"

This person was another difficult person to handle and he was Lee Minwoo! I was scared that Minwoo really report up to my superior and hence I had no choice but to open the dpor.

"Ya, what did you lock your door? Why did you refuse to answer to my knocking?" Minwoo paused and pointed to the corner," Whose kid is that?"

"Er, he is myneighbour's kid. The couple went overseas and so begged me to look after him. We had been neighbours for sometime and I can't possibly reject them." I lied.

Minwoo walked to the sofa and he sat on it unceremoniously, and crossed his legs. "I recalled you telling me a few days ago that your neighbour was disturbing you with his karaoke session late at night. I also recall that the neighbour was just 17 years old. How on earth did he gotten married in just a few days and had such a big kid huh?"

"I had other neighbours okay. He is the kid of my neighbours who lived a level below my unit." I gritted my teeth.

Minwoo blinked his eyes," Dongwan try harder with your lies. They are so not convincing, you know!"

I was so pissed that I yelled," LeeMinwoo, I dare you to remain in your office for 8 hours to do experiment on the Demons or to flirt with the assistants. Do not come here to disturb me!"

"I do not dare." Minwoo shrugged," Just that Eunhyuk called me and said that he left his son with you. A son whom he had been secretly supporting for the past 3 years. Eunhyuk pleaded me to come to assist you in case you can't handle his son."

"................ Why didn't you say so earlier!" I yelled.

In the end, Minwoo was on our side.