The Beginning

Chrysalis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Joonie hyung, I want to let you know ahead of time that this is not going to be an easy process. We might get frustrated. We might scream at each other a little. We might even sweat blood very unattractively. But that's okay. Because you have me."

 "Chanyeol, all I'm asking for is for you to set me up with someone more than decent. Also, please release your tight grip from my shoulders."

"Sorry..." the taller man takes his hands off Joonmyeon's shoulders, which, as much as Joonmyeon would like to deny, are shaking in fear. Chanyeol can be very persuasive. Sometimes.

 The two young men are still in Chanyeol's apartment, but have sat down in front of Chanyeol's laptop. Predictably, Kris is still lying on the couch and still staring at his phone. What is so interesting is still a mystery to the other two men.

Joonmyeon suddenly has an epiphany. "Wait, what do you mean this will not be an easy process?"

"I'm just saying that your standards are kind of high," Chanyeol shrugs nonchalantly.

"What do you mean by that?"

"...Hyung, write me a list."

"A list?"

"Yeah. Just a simple list of qualities you're looking for in a boyfriend."

Minseok glances up at the ceiling. The high, high ceiling. In the big, big city.

 This may take some time getting used to, he thinks to himself. He is currently sitting in a very large and voluminous cofffee shop. On his left sits an elderly man reading a newspaper that dwarves him. On Minseok's right is a little boy who appears to be trying to form the common coffee heart shape inside his chocolate milk. It's cute, and Minseok suddenly has the urge to text...somebody.

Just a certain somebody.

So he did.

Chanyeol raises his eyebrows, surprised at the list Joonmyeon has presented before him.

"I guess I was wrong, hyung. Your standards...they aren't so high after all," he says uncertainly.

"I never said they were," the older grumbles. "Is it so hard to believe I just want somebody?

Chanyeol smiles as he scans the list once more. "Somebody who will be good to you and treat you right."

"Don't even say that's cheesy. That's what I want. All I want."

(Well there were other things but Joonmyeon didn't have to tell Chanyeol everything)

 Suddenly,out of the blue, they hear Kris jump up from the couch extremely loudly, making the ground shake. A rural-looking painting threatens to fall off the wall as Kris starts to giggle like a little girl and runs in the direction of Chanyeol's bedroom.

"I need some privacy," is all he says.

 Behind Minseok sits two bickering teenagers who appear to be quarraling over who gets which colour straw. Or something to that extent. Minseok sighs. Why was this town so loud and complicated? He starts making bets with himself on how long he will survive when his phone suddenly vibrates.

GalacticDragon: lol, u should tell that kid he's gonna become a great barista someday

A wide grin spreads across Minseok's face. He turns to his right and calls to the little boy. "Hey, little dude."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter