Panic Attack

Life Is A Roller Coaster

No One's POV

Last night, after the abuse she dealt with from her parents, Mi-Ka went to room, put in her headphones, played sad music and cried herself to sleep. This was how most of her nights ended for Mi-Ka. She woke up early that morning. It was the weekend so she didn't have to get ready for school. Mi-Ka got up and checked her phone to see the family schedule. Everyone was working so she was home alone. Times like these make Mi-Ka happy because she doesn't have to deal with her parents the entire day. She went downstairs to have breakfast. She gets a text from Suho but she ignores it. Part of her is still upset from what happened last night. She doesn't feel okay to talk to anyone, even if it wasn't about what her parent do to her. She sighed and sat in the living room. She opened the curtains to see outside. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. She sighed, not even a beautiful day could make her feel better. She sat on the couch and sipped on the coffee she made. Her phone started ringing, it was Soo-Ji. She ignored it; she didn't feel like talking to anyone. When the phone stopped ringing, Soo-Ji called again, and again until Mi-Ka was annoyed and picked up the phone. 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT SOO-JI?!?!" she screamed into the phone. On the other line, Soo-Ji was shocked to hear her best friend repsond in an aggressive way. 

"Mi-Ka, what's wrong?" Soo-Ji asked calmly. Mi-Ka closed her eyes and suddenly she had flashbacks of what happened last night between her parents and everything else her parents have done to her. She started to tear up. She put her hand over and breathed deeply.

"Nothing is wrong," Mi-Ka said. Soo-Ji was able to tell she was lying because Mi-Ka's voice cracked, which is what happens when she begins crying. There was a pause and she could hear Mi-Ka starting to breathe heavily. She knew something was gonna happen. 

"Mi-Ka, listen to me rigt now and do as I say, okay?" Soo-Ji said. "Go into your room and close the door". Mi-Ka slowly headed to her room. She closed the door. "Now go into your bed and wrap yourself in that blanket I gave you. The blue one with silver stars on them". Mi-Ka followed her instructions. "Now put on some music from the 'Calm Playlist' I made, hug the teddy bear I gave you and breathe slowly. I am heading over now. You'll know it's me when I get to your house, okay? Keep breathing and stay where you are. I'll be there as soon as possible" Soo-Ji said and hung up. Mi-Ka did everything Soo-Ji told her to do. This is normal for Mi-Ka because she frequently suffers from anxiety attacks and depression. Throughout the years, it's intensified and made things harder for her. Sometimes things would go to the extreme and she would think about not living anymore. This was her everyday life.

30 minutes later~

Mi-Ka was laying dow in her bed, trying to slow down her breathing and calming down. There was a knock on her door. She knew it was Soo-Ji. She came in, carrying a bag. She sat down next to Mi-Ka and hugged her. Mi-Ka started crying and Soo-Ji hugged her tighter and hushed her. 

"Shhhhh. Breathe. Everything is going to be okay. Breath slowly," Soo-Ji said. She comforted her until Mi-Ka's breathing had slowed down and was able to talk. "Was it your parents again?" Soo-Ji asked. Mi-Ka nodded. The two began talking. It started from explaining what Mi-Ka's paretns have done to her and somehow the two ended up laughing and eating the ice cream Soo-Ji had brought with her. Mi-Ka felt happy to have a friend like Soo-Ji. She's been there for her through everything and never let her down. 

 

Hi everyone!! It's been a while but I am back. Sorry I haven't updated in forever. High school took a toll on me both emotionally and physically and I had to take a step back and take a break. I wil try my best to update as much as I can!!~