Meeting the Goddess

Freaky Love Goddess

*The words in italic were actually said in English.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


On a cold Wednesday morning, Kyuhyun was strolling on one of the alleys in Seoul when a musical voice caught his attention.

“Oh my! Who did this to you?!”

He took a peek through the corner of the wall and saw a girl facing her back on him, curled on the floor. She was wearing a strange white outfit that looks like a dress, but it seemed to be made out of curtains… must be some kind of a decent beggar. He saw the girl cradle a lifeless puppy in her arms and hear her say weird things, some kind of a foreign language.

At first, he just thought that she is a foreigner and just felt pity with the dead dog in her arms so he decided to leave her alone. But he stopped dead in his tracks when his eyes caught a bright pink light coming from the girl.

He rubbed his eyes and blinked God-knows-how-many times quickly to see if he was just hallucinating. But he wasn’t. He even slapped his cheeks but the light is still with the girl.

When the light disappeared, he let out a deep sigh and narrowed his eyes to make his vision clearer. Suddenly, he heard small whimpers and barks. The girl stood up and laughed merrily that sounded music in Kyuhyun’s ears, when the puppy became lively again, cutely chasing his tail. She leveled herself with the dog and it jumped on her to on her face.

Kyuhyun can’t help but open his mouth with what he just saw. He was scared, but was admiring the ‘back’ of the girl who just… who just revived the dog. How the hell did she do that?! I should have stayed away from Donghae-hyung who endlessly told stories about aliens!

He was full of thoughts that he didn’t even realize that the girl with the dog was already in front of him, slightly tilting her head sideways. He just snapped back to reality when the girl spoke, “Hey, you saw what I did just now?” Kyuhyun found the language strange but realized that it was in English. He mentally slapped himself for not listening to his teachers during English classes. Well, he hasn’t thought that it could be of use this day! If only he knew, he already brought a dictionary today and focused on the lesson yesterday!
But his attention was now focused on the girl’s features. She had this adorable and cute face, milky white skin, long and slender neck, pointed nose, pouty pink lips and foxy brown eyes. She’s like a goddess…

Suddenly, the girl waved her free arm in front of Kyuhyun’s face, “Hey, what’s wrong with you? Did I scare you?” He recognized the word ‘scare’ and nodded unconsciously while still admiring the beautiful, no, perfectly gorgeous girl in front of her. She smiled sheepishly that made his heart want to go out from his chest this instant, “I’m sorry.

Of course, everybody knows that English phrase so he replied using his ‘engrish’, “It’s… okay.” She then beamed and smiled brightly that’s even higher than the sun, making him almost blind, “Really? Um, do you speak English?” He sighed and shook his head slowly. Her face softened and looked up “You’re Asian?

He nods.

“Crap. What do you call this place?”

He scrunched his forehead, not understanding what the girl just asked. Sensing the guy’s difficulty, she gently put down the dog and cupped Kyuhyun’s face. He widened his eyes when he saw the beautiful creature slowly getting close to his face. Suddenly, his mind went blank when he felt soft, delicious lips pressed on his lips. He can smell her scent, her alluring scent that made his knees go weak and give in to every request this girl would ask him because he was simply hypnotized. He froze when he felt her tongue inside him, dancing in it, as if trying to memorize what’s inside it.

He was somehow disappointed when she withdrew from the kiss and slowly opened her eyes to reveal her now pink eyes. Seeing the clear disappointment in his face, she smirked and her lips, making Kyuhyun stare at her lips again, “Like what you see?”

He flinched and looked at her curiously, “What?” She seductively caressed the guy’s face, her finger touching his lips, “So, you’re Korean.” He went back to the real world when he heard the girl speak his language and stared at her. She chuckled, “I can’t figure out the language you’re using so I kissed your lips… and your tongue… strange, right?”

“Weird.” A question suddenly pops out from his mind, “What… are… you?” She followed Kyuhyun’s gaze and saw that he is looking at the puppy, peacefully sleeping. “I’m a goddess.”

*******

He is now inside his apartment with the goddess. He just bought her new clothes because people had been staring at her weird outfit. He decided to call her Sungmin because he can’t pronounce her real name properly, which probably is a Greek name. He asked after placing the paper bags on the couch, “So, Sungmin. What are the things that you can do?”

She sat on the couch and played with her pink shirt, “I’m a daughter of the goddess of ual desires, Aphrodite. Therefore, I can control anything related to the heart, physically and emotionally. Physically, well, what I did with the puppy is an example. I can bring the dead to life. Emotionally, I can make you love a certain person with just a snap of my finger. In short, I can play with everyone’s feelings.”

“YOU CAN BRING THE DEAD BACK TO LIFE?!” Kyuhyun shouted rather loud, making Sungmin stare at him weirdly as she raised an eyebrow, “I just said that. Why? Find it creepy?” The guy’s next action made the goddess confused. He rushed to her and held her shoulders tightly, leaning to her face closer, “Then, can you bring my mom back to life?” Sungmin just stared at him, still shocked with what he did and nodded unconsciously. He beamed, “Also, you can make Zhoumi love me again?”

Hearing the word ‘love’, she got back to herself, “On one condition.”

Kyuhyun nodded vigorously. She sighed and slowly removed Kyuhyun’s hands from her shoulders, “Help me first find my brother. He’s mainly the reason why I’m here.”

*******

“That’s her?”

Kyuhyun nodded slowly with his head down, obviously trying to hide the hurt face he had right now as he sees that Zhoumi holding hands with another a cute guy whose cheeks looks very pinchable that Sungmin wanted to go to him and pinch his cheeks until it gets worn out. She stared at the Zhoumi girl and observed her every details… Long legs, lanky arms, beautiful face, neat red hair, slim body… Damn, she could make a good ramp model! No wonder the Kyuhyun beside her fell for her.

She then looked back at Kyuhyun with a smirk, “You said that she broke up with you a week ago because she loves another guy… There’s no doubt that it is him… He is cute, though…” Kyuhyun arched an eyebrow, “What are you trying to say?” She giggled and got back to spying the couple whispering sweet whatnots at each other, “What I’m trying to say is, maybe she preferred the cute type. Unlike a nerdy type like you.” Kyuhyun was about to protest but she continued, “Though you look totally hot… You’re not just her type… Or maybe you just spent more time on your computer games than her that she got tired and bored of you. Seriously, you should loosen up!”

No words came out from him. Maybe she is right? He realized that he focused on his studies lately, then get home either continue his homeworks or play Starcraft… that he didn’t even thought of calling his girlfriend who was dead worried about him not calling.

“You sure you want to do this?”

“What?”

“Making me cast a spell on her to fall for you again.”

“Why, dear conscience will bug you?”

She rolled her eyes, “Kyuhyun, I’m a goddess, not an angel. Besides, can you take it when you knew all along that she is with you, totally head-over-heels for you just because of a stupid magic? Just so you know, Cho Kyuhyun, true love can overcome any magic or whatever spells casted on a person… And I already witnessed a scene like that.” He was out of words again. Every word she blurts out, stabs Kyuhyun in the heart deeply that it is now bleeding severely. Because of that, he is now having second thoughts. Sure, he wants Zhoumi beside him, but he wants her to fall for him because of her own accord, not because of magic.

He sighed, “Okay, I’ll think about it first. But I’m definitely sure with my mom. I’ll help you find your brother first.” She suddenly remembered something, “Uh, about that. I can’t control memories so in case your mom was already alive, you better go to places wherein no one could recognize you. Of course, everyone will freak out if they knew your mom was alive! Oh well, that’s already your problem, not mine.”
This time, he is not having second thoughts. He really wants to be with his late mom again more than to be with his ex again. Before Sungmin could say anything about it again, he changed the topic, “What does your brother look like?” He won’t bother ask his name because like her, he must have had his name changed to Korean-ish to blend in with the people here in Korea.

“He’s good-looking.”

“Yeah, that helped. Thank you.”

*******

While strolling the park, trying their luck if they could find Sungmin’s brother because she totally at describing so they had to search the WHOLE place. She isn’t even sure if he’s in Seoul, she just knows he’s in this country. He was then shocked when Sungmin suddenly grabbed his arm and whispered, “Hey, you wanna make Zhoumi jealous?” He squinted his eyes, not getting her point. By that action only, she knew that the idiot is being an idiot again. “If you’re having second thoughts about the magic, let’s try the ‘normal’ way. Believe me, making her jealous works! Not all the time… but still…!”

But before he could start another argument with the goddess, he heard Zhoumi’s voice, “Kui Xian?” Sungmin scrunched he forehead and cutely pouted at Kyuhyun, making him want to kiss her lips again and forget that Zhoumi is also there. He was somehow addicted to her strawberry-flavored lips. “Who is Kui Xian~? Is it you, Kyuu~?” He unconsciously pinched her nose, “My Chinese name.” Sungmin simply shrugged off that action, thinking that he’s into the act now.

Kyuhyun tried to look calm as he shifted his gaze at Zhoumi and her… boyfriend. “Oh, hey Mi. What’s up?” He noticed that Zhoumi was looking disgustingly at Sungmin and the two of them took that as a good sign, “Minnie, she is Zhoumi. Uh, Mi, this is my Sungminnie, my girlfriend.” The tall Chinese girl obviously faked a smile as she shook hands with Sungmin.

After shaking hands with Zhoumi, Sungmin looked at the girl’s cute boyfriend and raised her hand to him, “Hi there! I’m Sungmin! You must be Zhoumi-ssi’s boyfriend!” The cute guy shook hands with her and smiled sweetly at the beautiful girl, “Henry.” The goddess jumped like a 5-year old child, “Henli!!!” Henry had this adoring look on Sungmin, making both Zhoumi and Kyuhyun (unconsciously) furious. Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin’s hand and smiled apologetically at the two, “Sorry, we’re still on a date, so if you don’t mind, we’ll go now.”

They left without letting the dumbfounded couple respond.



Sungmin is skipping, noticing that Kyuhyun is still holding her hand, “My baby is jealous? Aigoo~ so cute!!!” He frowned and pouted, now his ears red, “Shut up. And who are you calling baby?”

*******

Since then, they became closer. Though they fight and bicker with each other, they don’t take it seriously. Kyuhyun will go to school in the morning, Sungmin stays at his apartment. At afternoon, they will find Sungmin’s brother. During weekends, Kyuhyun will go to his part-time job at Elf Café and leave Sungmin alone again.

It became a daily routine though. He was used to coming home, smelling a good scent of food, cooked by Sungmin and she will welcome him with her cute bright smile. Then later on, they will start a childish argument again. But Sungmin will just give him her aegyo and she will win because he was left speechless.

He then realized that he was falling for Sungmin…

How?

He can feel his heart skip when she smiles or touches him. Zhoumi once asked him to get back with him because she misses him so much and feels terribly jealous with Sungmin not only because of her enchanting beauty and the fact that she is now Kyuhyun’s girlfriend (that’s what she thinks), but also because Henry is showing signs of affection to the goddess… which hurt her so much and doesn’t care if she’s selfish because she knows that Kyuhyun still loves her and uses Sungmin only to ease the pain. However, Kyuhyun already realized his feelings for Sungmin and decided to reject Zhoumi. When asked by Sungmin, he simply shrugs and avoids her questions.



However, Sungmin was completely oblivious of Kyuhyun's feelings for her...

One sunny Saturday, Kyuhyun brought Sungmin to where he works because she kept on complaining that she is already bored. He led her to the employees’ counter and was about to introduce her when she suddenly ran to an employee and hugged him tight, “AGAPIOS!!!!”





** Agapios means "divine love"

 

 

 

 

I can't believe I didn't post this here. XD