Somebody That She Used To Know

I'm Dating The Jo Twins?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghyun always felt good standing next to her mother whenever they go grocery shopping or attending formal parties. Eversince his childhood friend went away, he only had one woman who he wanted to support with his life. His mother.

Donghyun was the perfect son a mother could ever wish for. He's a leader at school, a musician and a talented one at that, handsome and a very polite and kind kid. It was only natural that he had friends the same as he is.

Afterall, his mother and his friends' mothers were bestfriends.

He stood behind Mrs. Kim, giving comments on better brands. Her mother looked at him with content. She's one lucky mother to have a son just like Donghyun.

"Son?" Mrs. Kim said, examining two carrots in her hands.

"Hmm?" Donghyun responded, busy with arranging their groceries in the basket trolley.

"Is there something bothering you? It's just that.. you've never been bothered by anything lately. And that's.. I don't know. Worrying?" Mrs. Kim laughed, earning a scoff and a roll of eyes from his son. She just thinks that her son not having problems at school was nothing normal but then again, she forgot her son was a perfect kid. He rarely had problems he should be bothered with. So when the smile Donghyun had faltered and was replaced by a frown, Mrs. Kim sighed. She knew it.

"Actually, mom. We found her already. She's back." Mrs. Kim knew how much the boys looked for their only girl friend after she disappeared along with her parents.

"Minhee-ah? She's in California, right?" Mrs. Kim never heard of their friend Jinhee, Minhee's mother, after they migrated.

"Yeah. But she's back. And she doesn't remember us. Not even the twins, mom. Can you believe that?" Mrs. Kim knew about their little wedding when they were young. She also knew the closeness they had and watched it as they grew.

Maybe some things happened. And maybe, for the first time, she'd be able to help with his son's rare problems.

When Donghyun left to pay in the counter, Mrs. Kim took out her phone and dialed a number.

"Hello, Jinhee?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Minhee was finally having a peaceful time in her new apartment but it just doesn't feel complete. She felt like she was missing something to do in Seoul. She brought the ramen she cooked in the living room and sighed.

Not feeling contented, she sat leaning on the TV set and held the cup near .

She was finally enjoying the spicy ramen when the telephone rang. Assuming it was her parents, she crawled quickly, answering the phone.

"Mom! Dad!" She exclaimed.

"Uhh, young mistress. This is actually butler Do. Good morning." Disappointment washed over her face. Guess their still mad, huh?

"Oh. Yo, Ajusshi." The 20-something man over the phone chuckled at his young mistress' childishness even after leaving the mansion. Butler Do had been taking care and watching the little girls back ever since he was thirteen. He was practically her big brother who would defend her from the bad guys and ugly monsters.

"I called just to check up on you. Are you doing fine there? I bet you're eating ramen right now. That's unhealthy, kid." Butler Do tsk-ed over the phone, playfully talking to make her happy even just a little.

"Yeah? Well, come here and cook me something healthy, ajusshi. I miss your rice cakes!" She whined over the phone, poking the chopsticks over the noodles.

"You have to live independently, kid. That's why yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter