Chap 7

Late

After a twenty minute ride with hysterical singing and childish jokes, they finally arrived at the restaurant. 

'Manager hyung! One set dinner for me please!'

'I second it!'

'Me too!'

'I want a cream latte to go with spicy roasted nuggets! 3 tubs of fries!'

The group threw their orders at Mr Lee so frantically he looked as if he was going to die at any moment. Emile took pity on the middle aged man with his dark circles under the eye which dragged all the way to the floor, and decided that she would take half the orders including her own to help him out. Plus, she was still a bit uncertain about staying alone in the car with the guys. 

Yet the group was persistent in having her stay, and rejected her offer, immediately shoving the half dead Mr Lee out instead to stop Emile from helping. 

'Manager hyung, you almost said yes!'

'Yah how could you, our fashion designer wasn't born for this kind of labour!'

'Treat the lady well!'

But as soon as the manager staggered out of the car, the group fell silent unexpectedly, and looked at each other peevishly.

Emile decided to indulge themselves in a proper conversation so as to break the silence. She was a cheery person with an optimistic nature and hated awkward silence. 

'So...do you guys dine here when you go out for meals? It's because of the reporters, right?'

Nickhun, who was normally rather quiet, suddenly spoke up. 'Yes. Emile ssi, it's also because of the fangirls too.' He gave a pause, then continued, his glance unsteady, as if he couldn't bear to look at her face. 'The fangirls, only some of them, can get really over the board - you can't even imagine how crazy they can get. We understand that our fans love us and we love them just the same - we wouldn't have been able to make it without them - even though we may be celebrities, all we want is a bit respect and private space. That's really important too.' 

Emile nodded sympathetically, she had read an article on allkpop.com about a crazy fangirl who disturbed Taecyeon in an almost psychopathic manner, and she felt terrible for the group. 'I can't imagine living as a celebrity, it must be really hard, dealing with all the stress and having to show your best side forever. You're lucky you guys are in a group, I've heard that some individual artists really have to take everything on their own. At least you'll always have each others' support and guidance. I understand how it feels to have encourgement when you're at your lowest, I really do. And to think that you guys have to be away from family all the time... it must have been really tough at the start.' 

'Yes indeed,' Taecyeon replied, 'How much we experienced and how much effort we gave, as trainees and even after our debut, it's really beyond everyone's imagination. But since we've made our way up here, up to now, we really have nothing that can take us down anymore. We have each other, we know we always will, and that's already more than enough. We are family, and I'm proud to be part of it.' 

The group had fallen so serious and sentimental during the conversation that they broke into laughter when Mr Lee knocked on their window, huffing and puffing, trembling outside in the cold. 

'WHAT WERE YOU GUYS DOING? Talking about me, huh? I was so cold and nobody noticed me! How can you neglect your only all time supporter and brother once there's a girl around, you ungrateful little things?' Mr Lee complained, wiping sweat from his forehead. 

'Ugh, I knew you guys were no good. Why are you looking at me like this,  huh? Eh, just eat, before the chicken gets cold and you send me out for more.' 

Emile thanked Mr Lee and sat down as she watched the hungry boys gulp down their food like prisoners who had just been released from jail and starvation. Honestly, these guys could be so funny, and she loved how they acted like little children yet managed to be serious and gave their best at all times . These people were awesome and she could see the many successes they would produce in the near future, together, she couldn't believe that she would be working with these people. In Korea, people were less friendly, more strict, more traditional and it was rare for them to be as passionate and friendly as the people she was sitting with right now. For the first time in the week, she hoped to actually complete her project straight away and present it to the team. She couldn't wait for the day when 2pm would make their concert and would perform in front of all the fans, in her designs.