Ch 6

Late

Emile slapped her pen on the table and shoved her folders aside. After a long day at work, she was glad that her work was finally done. She held her new profile which she had edited for the ten thousand millionth time to Ms Jung and walked off. As she stepped out of the office, she felt an air of relief embrace her entire body. She had never felt so free before - well she had - but she was sure it wasn't going to happen anytime near now. Ms Jung was a woman who had superpowers of teleportation and diminishing happy atmospheres. She returned to her dorm and tied her hair into a pony tail. She quickly changed clothes and was ready to open the door for a relaxed dinner down the street when she saw 2pm walking down the corridor, rowdy and cheering, with a tired Mr Lee mumbling from behind as he stumbled to follow the energetic males.

'Hello, good evening,' She bowed, as her locks of hair hung loosely across her visage. 

'Woohoooo there...' Junho yelled enthusiasticly, as the rest of the group turned silent at her sudden appearance. 

The group took a moment before they started looking at each other and sending weird glances, as Nickhun shoved Junho and stepped forward, returning her regards. 'Hello, nice to meet you, I apologize for Junho's behavior, he can be a bit excited.'

Junho punched Nickhun and pushed him to a side, demanding loudly : 'Wae hyung wae, why are you apologising for my behavior! What on earth is this, omo, is your brother here that embarrassing in public?' He pointed himself repeatedly and sent Emile an eye smile. 

The group sniggered for a bit, jeering at Junho then grew silent when they realized how lost Emile looked. 'Mianhae, hello, we're 2pm! Nice to meet you!' They yelled in absolute unision, all giving a her a handsign she was unable to understand. 

Emile gave a light giggle, the group was older than her, yet they had this constantly playful vibe that made her smile every time. 'Someone's well trained,' she laughed as she threw her head to one side. 

Wooyoung suddenly stepped forward and hung his arm around her shoulder, 'Hey, shall we go for dinner with you? It would be a perfect opportunity for us to understand about each other so we can work better!' Emile glanced over her shoulder to Mr Lee, addressing him for his permission, also slightly flustered by Wooyoung's outburst of friendliness. 

'Yes.' Mr Lee grunted, as the boys shouted and overreacted loudly, obviously trying to annoy the exhausted man. Wooyoung even punched his fist in the air and thanked Mr Lee in a voice which Emile believed to be what was called 'aegyo'. She followed the group as they made their exit out the dormitory. 

'C'mon, why do you look so tense? We're co workers, eh.' Junho said, as he opened the door for her, 'ladies first.'

'Yah!' 'Eh, ugh,' 'Yah hyung!' 'Seriously!' The group hollered, annoyed at Junho's cheesy behavior, 'Yah, look who's talking,' Taecyeon smirked walking straight through the door Junho had held open instead of Emile. The group carried on to tease Junho as he yelled back insults and protests to them, resulting to multiple slaps on the back as they walked out. 

'Yah, cheesy boy good try.'

'Hyung you owe me a drink that was just so so so so so bad, you made me drop mine.'

'Enough eye smiles, hyung, it's not that charming, and neither are you.'

'I bow down to thee, King of the Cheesy Dynasty!'

'Nevermind, they're just jealous,' Junho said, pouting and rolling his eyes. 'But it's okay, as long as you don't laugh at me.' He send her another eye smile. Emile smiled back in courtesy, Junho was a very friendly person with a great sense of entertainment and humor, forever joking, maybe h=even a little flirty. Nonethless Emile still thought him a potentially wonderful friend and coworker.

She stepped into the black JYP van as the group began discussing about which restaurant they should dine in. She sighed as she rested her head on the window and let the group decide, thinking of all the wonderful possibilities she would encounter throughout the year. At the moment, she liked 2pm, and her only problem was the tyrant Jung and certain other sunbaes who shared the same tyranny. 

But who cared? She was young and free, and she was certain she'd have a beautiful night out with the guys and that they'd all end up as great friends. Even though she'd still have to check Ms Jung's email after dinner and give her reply instantly ; that didn't matter, the night was long. 

'Shall we go for fried chicken? We want something junk!' Taecyeon yelled over his seat to Emile, bringing her back to reality. 

'Sure,' she replied and flashed him a beam, earning cheers from the estatic group as the car engine roared to life.