First Meeting

Differences

[Junhyung’s POV]

Junhyung stepped into Starbucks and heaved a sigh of relief. There wasn’t a queue at the counter and it was a rare sight. “Hello welcome to Starbucks! How was your day?” the barista almost yelled into his ears. Ow, what’s wrong with this guy?

“It was average… Perhaps a little tiring but it’s okay I guess…” Junhyung replied while taking out the slip of paper he had written the drinks down earlier.

“Oh really, how tiring? Perhaps a cup of Starbucks coffee can make your day better! What would you like? Do you need any recommendations?” the barista rattled on and on, but Junhyung didn’t mind. It was unusual enough that anyone can hold a conversation with him.

“Well I am helping my friends to buy some drinks.  May I have one grande iced Caffè Americano, one tall iced skinny Cappuccino, two grande iced Caramel Macchiato, one venti iced White Chocolate Mocha, one venti iced skinny Vanilla Latte and one iced Green Tea Latte?” Junhyung managed to recite the orders from that tiny piece of paper in a single breath. Talk about being a good rapper.

The barista stared at Junhyung for a while before snatching the paper from his hand. Junhyung laughed and eventually stopped when the barista frowned at him. “Okay it was kind of amusing…” Junhyung tried to defend himself. The barista finally smiled again and shuffled off to prepare the drinks.

Oh his smile, how cute…

-

 

[Yoseob’s POV]

What is wrong with this guy? Is he making my life difficult by ordering so many drinks at one go? Well he succeeded… Why isn’t he smiling anymore?

“So… What do you do for a living?” Yoseob couldn’t stand the silence as he prepared the drinks conscientiously.  And he was curious about this guy standing right in front of him staring at his hands while he’s steaming the espresso and foaming the milk.

The customer looked up in surprise, as if his thoughts were interrupted by this weird barista trying to have a casual chat with him. He cleared his throat and whispered ever so silently, “I am a trainee…”

Stupid guy, that’s all you can say? Seriously?

“Oh! What do you do? Do you sing? Dance? Bboy? How about variety skills?” Yoseob tried to probe further, while slowly cutting out a complex shape and placing it carefully above the whipped cream, before sprinkling chocolate powder and smiling to himself.

“Well… I write my own raps and songs… And dance.”  The customer continued to stare at Yoseob’s unusually long fingers. For a tiny boy standing at 1.68m tall, Yoseob have really large hands…

Geez, so interesting. Why don’t you tell me more?

“Oh, are you going to debut soon? By the way, what design would you like for your drink? Oh wait, which is your drink?” Yoseob raised an eyebrow at this guy who don’t exactly look bored at all; unlike all his customers. Well this is interesting even though he don’t reply me much…

“I am going to debut soon… I guess? Nah, I’d prefer drinking coke than coffee…” The customer raised the coke bottle he was holding in his hand high enough for Yoseob to see.

Unamused, Yoseob decided to prepare a special drink for this special guy. It was a drink that Yoseob loved, a drink that isn’t on the menu. A drink that Yoseob formulated while experimenting with the different condiments leftover from the day. A secret recipe that Yoseob never shared with anyone else… And he felt so attached to this customer; he had to let him try. Once he was done, he carefully poured the milk in the shape of a heart.

“There you go! 7 drinks, plus one for you on the house!” Yoseob smiled at this stranger as he pushed the cup with the heart shape over the counter. The stranger merely stared at the cup, shrugged and thanked Yoseob, before sitting down at an empty seat beside the window.

Why is he not smiling? I even gave him a heart shape…