Character Introduction

Differences

Perspiration dripping from his brows, his caramel-colored eyes fixed on the reflection of himself, dancing and rapping in sync to the music blasting from the stereo. Junhyung was just a trainee at a small entertainment company, but he showed much potential. Writing his own lyrics, composing his own songs, even choreographing dances, there was nothing Junhyung couldn’t do. 

The CEO, watching him practice his dance moves and rapping at the same time, was utterly impressed but decided it was still too early for him to debut, but soon, soon enough he’ll be standing on stage, showing the best he’d ever had.

“Alright guys, take a short break! You all have practiced hard!” The dance instructor yelled as the music stops.  “Junhyung! Would you do us a favor and head to Starbucks and buy us some coffee? My treat!” The instructor took out his wallet from his back pocket and stuffed 50000won into Junhyung’s hand. Junhyung merely shrugged and penned down all the orders from his fellow trainees. Junhyung wasn’t a man fond of coffees. He didn’t hate the taste and smell of coffee, but he didn’t like it either. There was just something missing from it, something that kept him away from drinking coffee as much as possible. 

---

Yoseob was a barista working at Starbucks. He loves being soaked in the aroma of coffee, interacting with customers and introducing drinks to new customers. Most customers loved Yoseob, too. Well it is always better to have a talkative, forever-smiling barista to make your drink rather than a grumpy, quiet barista…

“Hello welcome to Starbucks! How was your day?” Yoseob grinned as customers just smiled awkwardly, looked around and ordered their drinks. Yoseob will then attempt to strike a conversation while preparing their drinks, mostly talking about the weather, the never-ending queue at Starbucks and asking what design would they like on their drinks. Most customers just nodded at everything he said, pretending to be engaged in the conversation while typing away on their smartphones. “Oh, any design will do!” they’d say, and Yoseob will sigh and do the same design as he did previously, and another.

Yoseob believed in quality above quantity. He didn’t really bother about the long queues at Starbucks; what mattered was how well he prepared the drinks and the smile on customers’ face made him happy all the time. It didn’t matter that much even when his manager yelled at him to work faster.