Hidden pain

Raining spell for love

Sehun POV:

I were on a sick leave to the hospital.. Indigestion.. Stupid Luhan hyung.. What did he put on the kimbab?

As I waited in the waiting corner, I recognize that face.. could it be..

“____??”

She turn and she is my ____! My best friend from middle and high school.. But what bring her here? Does she sick?

“Sehun? You are sehun right? I don’t recognize you without your candy hair..”

“Yah~ tease me about that hair,, every one love it..” Yup.. It is still the old ___. Always tease me around. When people admired me,she said bad thing about me. People think I am handsome,she said athlete’s foot are prettier..

“Why are you doing here anyway? Are you sick?You look pale..” “No..I come here to play football..” She rolled her eyes..”Of course stupid..I wouldn’t come if I don’t.” Well,she was right..why am I asking that stupid question anyway?

I offered her for a drink..But she refused.. She gave her phone number instead..

That night,she called me..she can’t sleep because she was scared..

“I don’t want to died..”

 “What are you talking about?You are going to live for 100 more years..Well,of course you will turn ugly and wrinkles all over your face.. ” She laugh but then sigh.. “I..I have cancer.. I have only a few month to live..”

My heart felt it had been crushed into pieces.. My tears started to rolling down my cheek..

“Hun,Can you help me?”

“What is it? Tell me,I will try my best..As long as it is not involving money..” I can heard she was rolling her eyes..”No.. Stupid.. You are closed with Donghae right?”

“Yup..Why?You want his number? I can give it to you..”

“He is my boyfriend..”

My heart crumble…ache a lot..More hurt than when she said she was going to died.. Feeling that I am the one who will died in a few minute..I take a deep breath..

“He what!?Since when!?You crafty witch..”

“We bump into each other..being friend last year.. and yada yada we are dating..But the point here is to make him forget about me..”

I clenched my hand..So hard that I feel my nails penetrated into my palm..I should have told her how much she mean to me..but I know it never turn out anyway.. So the best way is to love her as friend.. It is hard,but time kill the pain..well,most of them..okay..a few! Happy??

“So what do you want me to do?”

 “Donghae and I will meet at café the wednesday..so you act as if you are just running through him..I will come late..So when I pop out, you pretend as if you haven’t seen me for a long time..Make him jealous.. Do the thing that you always did to me..Bring a friend along with you,make sure he doesn’t know anything..This is to make it more real because I don’t trust your acting..”

“You plan it well do you..Hey~I can act well! Just see..”

“Sehun-a~ Sorry for being mean to you.. when I said you look ugly,you do look handsome..went I tease your hair,it is actually good on you.. when I said your fragrance smell like poop, it is smell like poop..change it!” Aish! this girl!

“I know.. That is why,you are my best friend,. You should sleep,it is getting late..” “I know..but my eyes can’t sleep..Sing a song for me..”

“You still bossing around do you?What does Donghae hyung see in you..?” “Just shut up and sing..” “Ok fine..I sing..” I sing ‘baby don’t cry’ with my crappy bed voice..She still know how to destroy my image.. But stupidly, I still love her anyway..

“Thank you for singing in the middle of the night..Your voice are crappy..my bad..maybe I should make you sing in the daylight..Good night Sehun-a~ I hate you..”

“Good night Pabo-ya~Love you..and I am not going to change my fragrance..” I hung up the phone..Bring it near to my heart.. “___, can’t you hear my heart is aching right now..please don’t go”

 

On that wednesday morning, I woke Suho hyung up.. I decided to bring him.. Because if I bring the other member,they will senses my lies.. Suho hyung is the most easy to deceive..I am sorry hyung..

I did what she had told me too..Donghae hyung looks so angry.. I did it.. granted her final wishes.. On the way back to dorm, suho hyung continually nagging at me..I entered my room,and slam the door..hard..so that everyone know that I am piss off..and way to tell them not to ask question..

Hug the pillow hard..and Suddenly, my phone receive text from her.. “Thank you for today.. He is really mad right now.. Good night..” Poor ___..What crappy a life you have been through.. If only.. if only I been given just one chance to change faith, I will change it for you.. I cried till I did not realised myself fall asleep..

*****

I rushed to her house right after my schedule were completed on that day.. She said she had that bad dream again..

She still on the bed.. hugging her knees tightly..
“Sehun-a~ I am scared.. I don’t think I am ready yet..”

I hug her tightly.. “Shhhh~~~ I know..Don’t cry..”

“He hate me…Donghae oppa hate me.. I want him to hate me but I can’t lose him.. ” “Listen,everything on earth will die… including me.. so, I am not going to say that ‘You are not going to die’ or ‘doctors are not God..they can’t predicted someone death’…What I am going to say is, wait for me, because,soon or later,I will be joining you..” I brushed her hair..Long natural hair.. she hate the smell of hair product.. she will stay away from me for a week if I dyed my hair..

“Know that I will always be your friend, till the end..no! till no end..” I kiss her cheek.. Wiped off her tears..

Bam! We both shocked to found out Donghae hyung was standing infront of the door with his fiery eyes.. He run toward me and punch me on the face before I could even said something….She kept on telling Donghae hyung to stop but he can’t listen as he was full of anger.. I just let him bet me as hard as he wanted to.. So that I know how much does he hurt right now..

“Yah! LEE DONGHAE!”

Donghae hyung stop hitting me.. He rushed out from the house.. ____ touched my bleeding mouth and eye… “I am so sorry.. I will tell Donghae oppa the truth..so that he would not hate you anymore…I never know this will happen.. Just wanted to get him to hate me..but not you.. I am sorry..”

As she wanted to go, I grab her wrist,, “Hey,It is okay.. It is midnight..There is no taxi left in this area.. You can go tomorrow.. “ I loosed my grip..She hug me,tightly..

****

That morning,

I drove her to Super Junior’s dorm.. I squeeze her hand lightly before I ring the doorbell..

“Sehun..What’s bring you here??Oh,___...Do you come to see Donghae? Maybe he is still sleeping in his room.. He come back late last night…” Kangin hyung invited us in but Eunhyuk hyung said he want to talk to me..

I looked at her,to make sure if she will be okay.. she nodded for approval..

We sat at the nearby park..

“Sehun-a… Do you know what actually happen? Donghae never come late to dorm alone.. I know it must be something that going on the three of you..”

“It is all misunderstanding ,hyung… ___ is my close friend..” “I know, you did nothing wrong but it is Donghae we are talking about..We all know that he will be a bit possessive when it come to the person that he love..”

Suddenly, heavy rain pouring to the ground.. “Yah..I better back to dorm now..See you later..” I nodded, bow to him and wait for ___ in the car..

I were about to take a short nap, she enter and hug me and cried so hard till she hiccup..

“Shhh~~It is okay.. I got you..You are safe now..” I kissed her forehead.. What had you did to my friend hyung? She had hurt so much and you hurt her more.. I hate you hyung..

*****

Thing got really hard for my career and my life.. With kris hyung departure without even discussing with the other members, our first world tour, and with my beloved friend who are now waiting for her time to come..

I try my best to be with her and send her texted to cheer her up..I back and forth from seoul and other countries.. Shared with her my tour stories.. Brought a lot of gifts.. Just to put a smile to her..

But a month later, she was hospitalized when I was out the country.. When I came to visit her,she can’t even moves..or talk to me..Her eyes still beautiful even thought she was so pale than before.. She only can smile with her eyes.. “Yah..I think I love this way,I don’t have to hear your voice nagging through my ears.. I did think I am going to deaf if I heard of your voice every single day..”

I tried myself not to cry in front of her.. she hate it went I cried to much… “Pabo ya! I just teasing you and you cried? You such a crying baby,how can you protect me? I don’t want to marry a crying baby..” That were the words that she always said to me.. But now,. I can’t heard her voice..

“I have to go now..I will be here by night..” I kiss her forehead…

As  I walked.. I heard the nurses whispering.. “Poor girl,she it is about her time..” “I know..but she is so lucky to have a friend like sehun..Gosh he is hot.. If I am her, I would be gladly to die beside him..But I saw a picture of her and Donghae..”

“OMO! She cheated on Sehun? That girl sure is something.. maybe God is punishing her now..”

I walked toward them.. “What do you guys said!? Who are you to judge person? If you guys dare to tell anyone about her, I will make sure you guys to regret it..”

I walked away, punching the wall.. I hate person that only know to judge people around without think of themselves..

I just arrived at the dorm when I receive a call from hospital.. My legs gave up.. My tears started running to my cheeks heavily.. She is gone..

*****

I asked for an emergency leave.. Put on my suit.. And decided to say hi to the members in the studio before leaving for the funeral.. The members said their condolence and supportive words for me..

“Sehun-a~” Eunhyuk called me over..

I come and found out Donghae hyung was sitting beside him..But I tried to ignored him.. He looked like a mess..

“Where are you going..Are you crying?Did your relative died?” “I am going to funeral.. My best friend just died yestersday..”  

“Who?” Donghae hyung finally spoken..

“Sorry,but for someone who leave my dying friend, this is no longer your business.”

He stood up and grab my collar.. Eunhyuk try to stop him but he pushed him away.. The members noticed and ran toward us.. “Donghae! What are you doing!? Are you nuts!?” Heechul burst out.. “What do you even mean by that!? Who is dying!? Tell me!!?”

I smirk,He is too selfish..”Your ex-girlfriend was dying but you don’t have any clue? What kind of man are you!?”

“She is still my girlfriend..She…”

“She died!”

He froze.. “She were diagnosis with cancer..She doesn’t want you to know,so she…she left you..but regret it and come to your dorm but found out you are sleeping with hooker!”

He let go of my collar and kneed to the floor.. He cried.. I feel bad for him.. He deserve to know.. she was his girlfriend..

“Can..can I join you?” He said weakly.. I sighed and nodded..

 

He just stood like a statue in front of her photo.. He requested to carry her coffin,but his manager strongly objected.. So, he just followed from behind.. The paparazzi come from nowhere.. but luckily security managed to handle them well..

Hyung looked pale as they bring her coffin down.. I gripped him hard to make him conscious.. He can’t faint now..

Everyone had leave,but Donghae hyung still in his spot..Looking at her grave.. I leave him alone to give him some time..

I when to the hospital to packed her belonging.. As I packed, I found a letter with a gift wrapped with blue ribbon, I sit on the bed and carefully unfold it..

“Pabo-a! Why are you crying.. stop being a crying baby..You will ruin your cool image.. I am sorry for giving you hard day.. You always stay by my side through thick and thin.. You gave me courage to move on when my parents died.. You know what, I can’t wait to meet them in the other life.. They are waiting for me.. By the time you read this, I am laughing at your watery nose.. euw~wipe it off.. it is gross.. anyway,thank you for being my friend.. and please don’t hate Donghae oppa.. be a best friend to him.. Oh,I buy new fragrance for you.. Stop wearing those cheap and smell like poop one.. remember this is not a good bye.. it is just the other chapter of your life.. my part in your story was end.. Be nice and stay strong,crying baby.. I love you.. and I know you love me too.”

I fold the letter back..Open the gift, and found it is the same fragrance she used to wear.. with it come with a small note.. ‘It is my smell~~~LOL..So that you will remember me..forever..’

“Stupid girl..” I whisper as once again, the rain of my eyes start to fall..