Just Let It Rain

Let It Rain - Key (SHINee) One Shot

 

It was summer, my mind seemed to float above the skies. I sat on our front porch, I stared at the waves hitting the shore, the seagulls flew around the warm breezy air. The smell of fresh bread engulfed the air. The sweet aroma from a coffee filled my nose. I brushed my hair to the side and walked towards the warm sand.

I missed how this felt. Ever since I met him, I forgot about my haven. I wrapped my arms around my shoulders and felt the summer breeze on my face. The sand glazed on my feet.

'Like the sand his arms surrounded me then embraced me closely. He breathed through my hair and whispered "beautiful" to me. The warmth of his heart felt like the summer breeze. It made me feel safe and secured.'

I sighed at the thought of him, I knew that the two of us were already forgotten but my heart somehow cant accept that fact. I felt warm water beneath my feet. I sprinted up slightly at the slight touch. I remember the night when he said words that I know he didn't mean.

'I asked with a concerned look in my face. "What is it?" I touched his cheek and waited for his reply. He pulled my hand away and spoke in a harsh tone. 

"Your not good enough for me! I don't need you anymore..." His words hit me like a wave. The abrupt feeling of pain shot through me. I never thought that he would ever hurt me. 

"What?" I tried to hold back my tears.'

My mind went black and my world crashed down on my feet.  He tried to explain to me why he did but my ears couldn't make out a word he said. My brain couldn't function properly.  I didn't know what happened next but all I remember is that he walked away with a pained look in his face. That night I only knew two things that broke. One, My Heart. And next, His promise.

I let him go even though I loved him. I was left standing in the rain. My eyes couldn't stop the tears that I tried to hold back. I couldn't move and my breathing became shallow. 

I snapped out of my daze and I blinked back the tears from coming back. I walked on the beach with him on my mind. I breathed it all in and accepted the fact that he was gone.