To Love You

Forevermore

Author's Note: Hello, Lovelies!!! This is my first ONTAE fic!!!! I'm so excited!!! Present for you at the end!! Enjoy! Saranghae! <3


 

“Jinki!”

“Yes, baby?”

“Why won’t you tell me where we are going?”

“It’s a surprise.”

“I don’t like surprises.”

“I know that.”

“Then why are you torturing me?!”  

Taemin grabbed onto my jacket, shaking my arm violently to prove his point.

“Baby, just please be patient.”

“You know I can’t do that.”  

He sat back down in his seat and folded his arms over his chest.

“Fine.  If you really want me to tell you, then I will.”

“Ani, it’s okay.”

“If you say so.”

“Why couldn’t the other members come?”

“It’s something for you and me.”

“Okay.”  

He pulled my arm, wrapping it around his own waist and set his head on my chest.

“Let me know when we get there.  I’m sleepy.”

“Okay, baby.”

 Taemin had been working way too hard lately for his solo debut and once his schedule died down some, before our tour, I wanted to spend some time with him as just a couple. 

~~

“Baby?  Taemin?  We’re here.”  

He wouldn’t budge, so I decided to carry him into the small cabin that I had rented for the two of us.  

I thanked the driver and gave him a tip before he left. The room was amazing.  It had a double door that lead to the back patio, overlooking the ocean. I knew Taemin wasn’t that fond of the beach, but he always said it was because it was never the right time to go.  I hoped this was the perfect time.  I had picked this cabin for many reasons, one of them being the piano that was currently in the living room.

“Jinki?”

 I had just been standing here, admiring the view when Taemin woke up.  I was about to turn around but Taemin kept me from doing so by back-hugging me.

“It’s so beautiful and the water is so close.”

“It is.”  

He kissed my cheek and started walking towards the beach.

“Come on.  I want to stick my feet in the water!”

I grabbed a small bag from the dresser and made my way to him.

“Baby, take your shoes and socks off first.”  

He stopped walking and sat down on the sand, only a few feet away from the water.  I went to sit beside him, opening the bag so he could put his shoes and socks in.

“You should put your phone in, too.”  

He nodded and stuck his phone inside.  I did the same, also adding my shoes and socks.

“Let’s go.”  

He grabbed my hand as we went to the shallow part of the water and began a small walk.

“Thank you, Jinki.”

“I was hoping it would be the perfect time and I wanted you to get some rest.  You’ve been working too hard.”

“It was worth it. I’m still amazed at all the support I got from fans.”

“I’m not.  I knew everything would go great.”

“Are you ready for Tokyo Girls?  We haven’t practiced much for it and I don’t want you to come back before you are fully recovered.”

“I’m fine, baby.  Let’s go inside.  I want to show you something.”

 I had most of this planned but was still struggling.  We walked back to the cabin and decided to take a quick shower before we had dinner.

~~

Dinner went by way too fast in my opinion.  I was prepared for what I was about to do, but I was still nervous as hell.

“Let’s go into the living room.”  

Taemin nodded his head and led the way.

“This is so cozy.”  

I led him to the loveseat before making my way to the piano in the middle of the room.

“Jinki, what are you doing?”

“I want to play something for you.”

 He nodded with a smile on his face.  I had everything already set up at the piano, hoping I knew Taemin the way I thought I did.  

If I was right, Taemin would come to the piano before I finished and see what I had set up for him.  I started playing the piano and heard a small hum of approval from Taemin.  I knew he knew the song, but I wasn’t sure if he would remember it.  I sang it so long ago, but he did tell me that it was when I sang it that he knew he had more than friendly feelings for me.

~~

Before we go to sleep tonight
We'll say our prayers
I'll hold you tight
And kiss away the fears you hold inside you

So many years have passed us by
I cherish the moments by your side
A love like ours will only grow much stronger
I want to tell you
~~

I looked over to Taemin.  He had his eyes closed and was mouthing the words along with me.

~~

That forever more I'll be the one to love you, to love you
When you need me I'll be there to make you smile
And forever more I'll be the one you come to oh honey
I'll be the one to love you when the morning comes

Through all the tears we left behind
The joy we shared, your hand in my mine
I can't resist touching you not even while you're sleeping
And when you wake I promise you
We'll celebrate our dreams come true
A love like ours will only grow much stronger

I want to tell you
That forever more I'll be the one to love you, to love you
When you need me I'll be there to make you smile
And forever more I'll be the one you come to oh baby
I'll be the one to love you when the morning comes

Let me tell you
There will never be another cold and lonely winter night
'Cause we're family
And baby our love will last forever
~~

I heard him get up from the seat and make small steps towards me.  My heart was pounding so hard.He stopped at the end of the piano and I continued to sing, this time looking him straight in the eyes.

It wasn’t until I broke contact that he moved.  He stepped to my side and sat down with me on the piano bench.  I heard him gasp as he saw what I had written on the music stand, right beside the small open box.

~~

So I'll say to you
That forever more, I'll be the one to love you darling
When you need me I'll be there to make you smile
And forever more I'll be the one you come to oh I will baby
And that forever more
I'll be the one to love you when the morning comes

I'll be the one to love you... forever more

~~

Once I stopped playing, he rested his head on my shoulder.

“Jinki?”  

He had grabbed the box and was now twirling the ring between his fingers.

“Yes, baby?”

“Do you mean it?”

“More than anything in the world, baby.”

“Yes.”

“Yes?”

“Yes, I will marry you.”

“I love you so much.”

“I love you more, Jinki. Forevermore.”  I turned him to face me, capturing his lips with mine as I slid the ring onto his finger.

∞∞∞


Taemin’s ring: 

 

Present: Ontae's Loving Gazes