Chapter 1

A Phone Call Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ ♦ ♦

I was walking home with Jungkook after school. I would always be the first one to arrive home while he lived a few streets away. It was a routine of ours ever since we became best friends.

We walked beside each other, shoulders touching time to time, and some light pushes to the sides. Frankly, we never dated even though we acted so close. I tightly clutched my painting canvas from the thought of us dating. I erased this thought out of my mind. I gazed at him, who had one arm holding his phone and the other coolly inside the pockets of his school pants.

“Hey Jungkook,” I started, not knowing what to say next.

“Huh?” he replied as he lifted his head from his phone screen to me.

“What’s the subject for our literature assignment?” I randomly asked, even though I already knew the answer.

“What you value in life,” he answered. “Weren’t you listening in class?”

“Yes,” I admitted.

“Then why ask?” he mused. He toothily smiled making his eyes become crescents.

“Nothing in particular,” I flatly responded and stared straight.

“Ok,” he said and continued to browse on his phone.

The atmosphere was back to silence and we walked pleasantly to my house. We stopped right at the front of my house. He turned to face me and I turned to face him.

“Thanks for taking me home,” I smiled brightly. “Be safe on the way home.”

“Sure will,” he grinned. “See you tomorrow!”

“See you,” I waved.

He waved back with a smile and turned his head to face the street. Suddenly, I became curious about his value for literature. I shouted for him. He turned his head in eager and walked back to me.

“What’s the matter?” Jungkook looked confused.

“What’s your value for literature?” I asked in curiosity. “What do you value?”

“Uhm… I value singing,” he replied. “How about you?”

“I value friendship,” I answered with deep thought. "Like our friendship!"

I saw Jungkook freeze in his spot. I could tell he was thrown off by my statement. I smiled a bit because he looked cute. I looked at my house and stared back at him.

“I think I should go now,” I announced and quickly waved. “Bye!”

“Bye…” he waved late as I went inside my house already.

I smiled to myself as I closed the door. I took off my shoes and placed neatly beside the other shoes.

My mother called for me a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter