Three

Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meeting Choi Minho was pure coincidence. Or at least that's what Taemin likes to think. After going through the whole depressed phase, Key and Jonghyun had insisted that he accompany them to the club. To unwind, they had said. Yet as Taemin sat on his stool, watching Key and Jonghyun out on the floor, he couldn't help but wonder what the hell he was doing here. Clearly, he was not in the mood as his thoughts kept drifting to that person.The man sighed, eyes travelling down to the drink in his hand.

"Taemin?"

Said man's head shot up and looked at the one who had called his name. Choi Minho's smiling face, illuminated by the club lights, met his gaze and Taemin almost doubled over in shock. He did not expect Minho to be in the country, let alone in this club.

"Minho?"

Relief flooded Minho's face as he gave a bright smile, "So it is you!"

Taemin could only nod, unconsciously giving a small smile. He and Minho once had something, way back intot their high school and early college days. One might even say they were high school sweethearts. Taemin admits he was once madly in love with the older, but that was long ago.

"When... when did you get back?"

"A couple of days ago." Minho responded, sitting down on the stool beside Taemin, and quickly ordered a drink, "I tried looking for you, but.."

"I moved out of the apartment."

Minho and Taemin once lived in a shared apartment, small yet cozy, enough to be considered home. Everything was going smoothly, nobody ever thought the two would part, but well into Minho's second year of college, he had received a scholarship offer that would take him out of the country for more than four years. Minho had been doubtful, but Taemin had insisted that  he accept it. After all, those chances don't always present themselves. Make no mistake, they tried to make it work. Desperately. But with the distance, mismatched schedules, the pressure and the absence, they both cracked. Both decided it was best, and ended cleanly, choosing to remain as friends. But as years went by, the hectic schedules made them forget and they lost contact. Yet now here they were, meeting once again in the most unexpected place.

"I know." Taemin swears he saw a flicker of sadness in Minho's eyes, "So, how are you? Last I heard, you were engaged!"

"I..." Taemin looked away briefly, avoiding Minho's eyes, " I just moved out, and, well... single."

Minho's eyes travelled down, eyes lingering on Taemin's ringless finger, "I see that... What happened?"

"Stuff happened," Taemin chuckled bitterly.

"Taemin.."

"But I'm okay," He forced a smile, pain-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter