Questions

Black Pearl

For a few days, Jongin stayed in his quarters while they aimlessly sailed the ocean. The strange male hasn't appeared ever since that day. Was he alright? Was he even human? Many questions flooded Jongin's mind as his eyes scanned through books. He knew there was something about the male that seemed so... alluring. When his soft,plump lips met his, it felt like a piece of a puzzle clicked. Jongin didn't understand how he felt, but he wanted to see him again. The way he felt, it seemed like he was in a trance, but then it wasn't. The more he flipped through the pages, the more he understood. The male was a siren. But why didn't he crash the ship like other sirens would do. Maybe he was just lucky that he survived, or that his boat and crew were spared from a everending slumber from the deep depths of the ocean.

With a sigh, the captain walked out from his quarters and breathed in the sea air. This always seemed to help him think. He watched the crew members walk around the deck as they talked about their lives. Baekhyun and Chanyeol conversed with smiles on their faces. The way Chanyeol's eyes gleamed when he made Baekhyun laugh. On the other side, he noticed one of the youngest crew members, Sehun who argued with one of the new members, Luhan who was waving his hands in the air. What they were arguing about, he didn't want to know. Then there was Zitao who was leaned over the ship who covered his mouth and leaned towards the water while Yifan rubbed his back in circles comforting Zitao through his seasickness. Yifan looked at Jongin with a shrug then patted Zitao's back before he walked towards the Captain.

Captain, I searched through the lower decks to see if we had anymore medicine but it seemed we don't have any left in stock. It was fully stocked before we left Celestine, but it seems Luhan and Sehun have been aruging non-stop and let's say Luhan has a hell of an arm.”

Jongin nodded. He wanted medicine supplies to be available for his crew. “We're going to sail for Havana.” He walked towards the wheel and steered to the opposite direction.

Captain! Where are we heading?” Chanyeol asked.

Havana.” Jongin asnwered. “Raise the sails. It's going to take us a few days to arrive. While we sail,” he looked at Sehun and Luhan. “You two, no fighting until we get supplies.” He warned them as they shyly looked away and stared at the ship's wooden floor.

 

Later that night, Jongin stepped out for his quarters after the other members already fell asleep. He walked around the deck as the sea's calm wind blew into his hair.

I see you've been waiting for me to come back.” A voice came from behind Jongin. He quickly turned around and saw the male with pale skin and soft lips. “Have you been wondering why I haven't reappeared perhaps?” He softly smiled as he swung his legs over and landed on his feet as droplets of water ran from his skin. He walked towards Jongin and placed his hands on his shoulders.

You never told me what you were.” Jongin whispered as he stared at the male's onyx eyes.

Maybe you already guessed what I am.” He hummed in response as he twirled Jongin's hair with his index finger. The male looked at Jongin in the eyes and transferred his hands onto the sides of the captain's face. He leaned towards him and kissed his lips, slightly adding pressure to the kiss. Jongin's eyes widened from the sudden action but he didn't mind it. He kissed the other male back. They separated from the kiss to breathe, then the smaller male leaned back in again and the outline of Jongin's lips. The captain placed his hands on the other male's waist. The unknown male pushed his tongue inside the latter's mouth making him gasp. A small smirk grew on the smaller male's lips as their tongues danced.

The male moved his mouth away from Jongin's and smiled. “You're sweet.” He chuckled as he kissed the corner of Jongin's mouth and walked towards the boat's rails.

W-wait, you never told me what you were.” Jongin quickly said as the male sat on the side of the boat and dangled his legs.

Perhaps I'm a siren.” The male – no, siren – shrugged. “You seem, delicate and naive. Sweet enough for my liking.” He traced his bottom lip with his finger, a small smile on his lips. “You also have very soft, plump lips may I add.” The siren bit his lip as he looked at Jongin.

Will you be back?” Jongin whispered while blood ran up to his face.

The siren smiled at him and placed a hand on Jongin's face and touched his lips with his thumb. “Do you want me to come back, Jongin?” The said male looked at him and slightly nodded.

How do you know my name?”

I know many things, Captain Jongin.” He chuckled. “I'll be back. Only if you're waiting for me.” The siren smiled one last time before Jongin watched him dive into the darkness with a slight splash.

The captain blew strands of hair away from his eyes flustered from what just happened. With a small smile he walked back to his quarters and opened up a few books about sirens. Every book, it informed sirens were hideous beings with wings. Yet, the male was beautiful and he lacked a tail. Was he something else? Was there something that was similar to a siren? Jongin flipped through a few more pages until he found his answer. Mermaid. No, merman.

He leaned back on his chair and ruffled his hair. Why couldn't he just be attracted to a human being, not a person of the ocean. Mermaids pulled their victims into the deep depths where they devoured them. Some simply forget that humans aren't able to breathe underwater, then there are others who drown others to drown. He looked at the description of a mermaid, it seemed everything it said was related to the male. But, he didn't understand why the male didn't drown him right there and then or lull him into the dark abyss of the water where he'd never return.

 

Jongin opened his eyes as daylight entered his quarters. He sat up and quickly changed to get out of his quarters onto the deck where everyone was. Everyone was chewing on the breakfast the navigator and quartermaster made earlier with smiles on their faces, even Luhan and Sehun who's eyes lingered at each other longer than usual. “Good morning Captain.” Jongin heard a deep baritone voice behind him. “It seems that the winds have slowed down, so arriving at Havana will take a little bit longer than expected.” Chanyeol informed him as Jongin slightly nodded as he saw Zitao in the corner of his eyes with his eyes closed. It seemed like his face was green due to the swaying of the ship.

Mornin' Cap.” Baekhyun smiled as he bit a piece of bread. “You woke up later than usual.”

Jongin looked down and remember about last night's encounter. “Ah yes. I was just a bit busy late at night. So I retired to my quarters later than usual.”

I see, but I heard you talking to someone during the night. Everyone was already asleep.” Baekhyun added while Jongin fixed his position.

It was nothing, I was reviewing the directions for the journey towards Havana is all.” He hummed as he sat down in one of the chairs and watched the whole crew eat while Yifan would occasionally stand up and give Zitao some bread before he threw everything in his stomach up.

You should be used to all this rocking Tao.” He heard Yifan say and kiss him on him temple.

I know, I know. We've been at this for months yet I'm still not used to the way the waves rock into the boat.” Zitao rolled his eyes then covered his mouth to prevent himself from vomiting. Jongin chuckled and walked towards him.

You'll get the hang of it soon.” He patted Zitao's shoulder and went back to the table where the other crew members were. He watched all of the crew members get along, some even turned to lovers especially when he recruited new members.

After their meal filled with laughs with Jongdae's strange jokes everyone went back to their positions. Joonmyeon fixed boards on the ship that loosened. Baekhyun and Chanyeol focused on the map with their fingers touching and their faces red. Jongdae and Minseok practiced with their swords.Yifan was with Zitao who were probably in the lower decks looking for medicine to help with Zitao's forever seasickness. Sehun and Luhan were staring at each other with gazes that could kill. It was a normal day for them, Jongin steered the ship as the winds carried them to their destination.

 

Captain! I see another ship ahead!” Joonmyeon shouted from the sails. Jongin squinted his eyes and saw a dark ship coming towards their way.

Get ready for an attack if they initiate it!” Jongin ordered as everyone moved around the ship preparing their swords and guns. Jongin cocked his gun and slipped it into his holsters as he watched the ship grow closer and closer to his ship. With gritted teeth and his hand on his sword he waited for a move from the other ship. There was silence. No one moved but only stared at the ship get closer and closer to them.

No one jumped out from the enemy ship as it stilled next to the Black Pearl. The only thing that invaded their ears were the waves of the ocean. Suddenly, a shot was heard. Jongin glanced at the ones on his ship. No one was injured. Finally, pirates from the enemy ship jumped aboard with swords and sickening grins on their faces as they swung their swords around like lunatics, blood thirsty and out for gold that Jongin had in the lower decks of his ship.

A pirate jumped in front of Jongin and swung which he quickly evaded and kicked the pirate behind the knee causing him to fall and a cut on his throat as he held onto Jongin's boot. The captain ran down towards his crew and fought with them. As he fought, a pirate swung his sword towards Jongin and across his chest while Jongin himself didn't feel anything but his shirt rip. Gun shots were heard, the sounds of swords clicking against each other as they attacked. Jongin looked around and found their captain fighting with Yifan. He quickly aided Yifan and ed his sword. The body fell onto his knees lifeless as blood dripped from Jongin's sword.

The enemies stopped and dropped their swords in defeat. Their captain was killed. Jongin wiped the blood off his sword using a cloth from one of the enemies' shirts. “You dare come on my ship and attack?” He hissed as blood trickled down his face. Blood that wasn't his.

Captain Jongin.” A enemy mumbled as he dropped onto his knees due to the realization.

Are you the quartermaster?” He questioned as the male nodded. “Give us your medical supplies and your goods.” He added as he walked over the bodies.

Y-yes sir.” The quartermaster answered as he ordered the pirates to gather what Jongin asked. “You can also have him.” He added as he pushed a male towards them.

Why? I didn't ask for a male.”

He's worthless, we don't need him. Please, take him and spare us.”

You sicken me. You're willing to give up someone from your ship. That's sad.” Jongin clicked his tongue as he helped the male stand up and walked him towards Joonmyeon and Yifan. “Watch him.”

He looked at the other pirates and motioned them to go back to their ship. “Leave. If you ever attack this ship again. I'll make sure you'll end up like you're captain.” He said through gritted teeth as the enemy's quartermaster nodded and sailed off. Jongin turned to the male given up by the other ship. “What's your name?”

Yixing.”

Well Yixing, welcome aboard. Do you know how to use a sword.”

O-only a gun captain.” Yixing muttered.

What was your part on that ship?”

I was the medic's apprentice.”

Great, now you're the medic here. Got it?” He nodded as he was about to walk towards his quarters he heard one of the members scream.

Joonmyeon, calm down.” Baekhyun said as he placed pressure on Joonmyeon's wound. “Jongin,” he looked at the captain. “Joonmyeon's shot on the leg.”

Quickly, get the medical supplies.” He ordered as he felt something trickle down his chest. His shirt was slightly ripped and red soaked the white fabric. He knew it wasn't an enemy's blood. “Place him on the table!” Baekhyun and Yifan lifted Joonmyeon up and placed him on the table. “Yixing, do you know what to do?”

Yes, I just need that box that the other ship gave you.” He answered as Jongdae ran towards the box and handed it to Yixing. The medic looked through the box and pulled out a pair of tweezers. He carefully took out the bullet from Joonmyeon's leg and cleaned it and wrapped it afterwards. Jongin glanced inside the box and it seemed there was barely anything inside the box. “We just need to keep that covered until it heals. Hopefully get more disinfectant. The bullet used was a bit rusty I'm afraid.” Yixing murmured the last part as everyone nodded.

Yixing, for tonight you're going to stay with Joonmyeon to keep an eye on him.” Jongin said as Yixing nodded. “Let's get some rest and have some dinner afterward. What do you think?” Everyone nodded.

C-captain, are you bleeding?” Minseok asked as he pointed at Jongin's shirt. Jongin looked at where Minseok pointed at.

No, it's someone else's blood.” Jongin slightly smiled. “Don't worry.” He mumbled as he walked towards his quarters. As he closed the door behind him, he pursed his lips and touched his chest. Blood. Blood dripped from his chest as he took off his shirt and examined the wound. It wasn't that severe, but it stung. He used his shirt and wiped the crimson liquid from his chest. With his ripped shirt, he ripped off a few pieces and used it as gauze for his wound. With a sigh, he sat on his bed and closed his eyes from exhaustion.

As he slept he heard a knock on the door and “Captain, dinner's ready. Are you going to join us?” It sounded like Chanyeol. Jongin only groaned as he turned and Chanyeol remained silent.

 

The sea rested and sent only small, quiet waves while Jongin slept. A soft, beautiful voice could be heard from outside the deck. The captain slowly opened his eyes as he heard the voice. It seemed to call him out from his room. He walked towards the deck and sees the male with a worried expression on his face.

You came here before I did.” Jongin mumbled as he walked towards the male and leaned against the ship's railing.

Are you okay?” The male asked as he got down from the railing and placed his hands on the sides of Jongin's chest. “I sensed you were hurt, Jongin.” He whispered as he slid Jongin's shirt off and examined the injury. “Why isn't this treated?”

There were barely any medical supplies left and one of the men was shot. I didn't want them to waste the medical supplies for my petty wound.”

So naive.” He tsked while he traced the wound on Jongin's chest. “I'll be right back.”

Where are you going?” Jongin looked at the male who was still . It seemed like nothing changed about him. The male jumped into the water while Jongin leaned his head back and sat down. What's the male's name? He and Jongin kissed more than once and he doesn't even know his name but the male knows his.

Jongin looked around until he saw the pale skinned male come back with a shell in his hand while water dripped from his body. His brown hair stuck to his forehead. “What are you planning to do?”

The merman or siren stayed silent as he towards towards Jongin and straddled his legs and looked at the injury. He dipped his fingers in the liquid inside the shell and rubbed it against Jongin's cut. It seemed to lessen the sting, and it soon turned into a refreshing sensation. The cut slightly closed. “That's enough for today.” The male said as he placed the shell next to Jongin.

What is that?”

Medicine.”

Medicine? It looks like water.” He muttered.

It's water to you since you're a human.”

What are you? You're not a siren, you don't have wings nor are you hidious. Are you perhaps a merman?” Jongin squinted his eyes and hoped he was correct. The merman slightly smiled.

You found out. Maybe not all humans are imbeciles.” He hummed as he looked at Jongin, he was seated on his lap.

What's your name?”

Why would you like to know?”

I want to know what to call you if I'm going to see you again.”

The merman smiled. “Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo.” Jongin repeated, the way it seemed to roll off his lips seemed so natural. The way he said it made Kyungsoo's face flush. “Well Kyungsoo, how should I repay you for helping me?”

I'll think of a way for you to repay me.” He chuckled as he leaned towards Jongin's lips and kissed him softly. They shared a few soft kisses under the moonlight.

Where do you go during the day? Why do you only appear at night?”

So many questions.” Kyungsoo chuckled. “I'll answer tomorrow.”

At least answer this one question.” Jongin said while Kyungsoo mumbled a small 'fine.'

Why are you always ?” This caused Kyungsoo to roll his eyes.

Don't you prefer me ?” He smirked as he rested his face in the crook of Jongin's neck.

I don't know.” Jongin answered, flabbergasted. 

I'll wear something if you wish.” Kyungsoo chuckled as he listened to Jongin calmly breathe and his heartbeat in sync.

The two of them stayed in the same position as silence filled the air. Kyungsoo would sometimes give Jongin soft kisses on the lips that would soon turn into tongues under the moonlight. No words were exchanged, it seemed like they held a conversation in the silence. Jongin didn't understand why he was attracted to the male. Was it because he was a merman that had a beautiful face? Jongin didn't know, he just wanted to stay in the same position he and Kyungsoo were in forever. It seemed that Jongin didn't want to let go of Kyungsoo that night. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hai... umm.. sorry.. for not updating in like... forever.. I'm sorry.

I hope you like this chapter. I wrote a lot... well more than usual.

Please comment, I'd love to know what you think about this story.

original.gif

(THIS GIF IS LIFE)