Encounter

Black Pearl

Salty sea air greeted the captain's nostrils as he walked out of his quarters. His black boots clicking on the wooden deck as the crew members stopped what they were doing and waved at their captain.

Morning Jongin.” A tall male with an eyepatch covering his right eye greeted him. “Where are we heading to?”

We're heading to Celestine today. We need to gather gun powder and essentials.” The captain instructed to the quartermaster. The male was the only one he truly trusted. The taller male grinned as he turned towards the crew.

We're sailing to Celestine! Raise the sails!” He ordered as the crew mates nodded and began pulling on the ropes raising the sails of their ship. The Black Pearl.

 

Twenty more miles north captain!” The captain heard the sailing master named Baekhyun yell from the deck. Jongin nodded as he steered his ship north towards Celestine. After he changed the ship's direction he watched as Chanyeol walked towards Baekhyun and patted him on the back, a clear “You did a good job Baekhyun” was heard. Chanyeol smiled and stared at Baekhyun a little bit too longer than he should. Jongin knew that the quartermaster liked the navigator. It was pretty obvious.

 

The Black Pearl was a known ship. Everyone knew who Captain Jongin was, but he wasn't like those other filthy pirates that would kill to get gold. Jongin was more on the adventurous side. Yes, as a pirate he liked getting his hands on gold, but not enough to kill. Sure, if his crew was attacked, he wouldn't show any mercy to the crew that was attacking them. He had the skills to kill, he just decided to use them when in need and when it was the right time. But one thing everyone knew about Jongin was that, when he claimed something, he didn't like letting it go without a fight.

Land ahead!” A crew member shouted as he held onto the railings of the ship. “We've arrived to Celestine Captain!”

Great, prepare to stop!” Jongin commanded. “Lower the sails!” The crew followed his orders as everyone rushed to their positions to slow down the ship.

After they finally reached the dock Chanyeol docked the Black Pearl as Jongin prepared to get off board. His whole crew have been at sea for a while and he was ready to let some of them go seeing how exhausted they are and how much age has changed their actions and stability in fighting. He almost lost three crew members last weeks when they were hijacked by other pirates. But with Jongin coming to aid them in time they survived. That was when he knew he had to go and recruit new members and let some go.

Jongin cleared his throat and looked at the other crew members, “This isn't the easiest thing for me to do but I have to let some of you go. It's too dangerous out here for the other crew members.” He looked at the crew members he wanted to let go, walking towards them he placed his hand on their shoulder. He lost around ten crew members that day. It only left him with five crew members including him. He only had the medic, Yixing, two of the sailors, Yifan and Sehun, then there was Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

The captain stepped off the Black Pearl and looked around for some possible new crew members. After a few minutes of searching he sees a tan male, it was obviously because he was under the sun a while like himself. Walking towards the male he sees him carrying a long stick and spinning it around towards a group of males. “I swear if you don't back up I'll beat you.” The male warned, but the group of males cornering him just laughed and pointed at him.

Look at this, you can't do anything with that stick of yours.” One of the males cackled. Jongin looked at the male with the stick and saw him waving it around hitting all the men cornering him. They all fell and stared at the tanned male. Dropping the stick the tanned male had two daggers in his hands, swinging it around with expertise interested Jongin. He had the skills, enough to be a sailor and attack menacing invaders. The tanned male left cuts on the other males' faces. If he wanted he could've killed them right there and then but in Celestine, killing others is actually illegal even for self-defense.

Clearing his throat Jongin walked towards the male who was catching his breath and slightly smiled. “That was some pretty impressive work there.”

Startled by the captain's voice the tanned male looks up. “Thanks, I had to so they'd get off my brother's back.”

You're a good brother.” Jongin chuckled. “Say, how'd you feel to be a sailor and earn gold everytime we find some.”

Ah, being a sailor I see. I'd love to, but alas I have to stay with my brother. See, we're the only two left in our family. God knows where the others are.” He mumbled.

Take you're brother with you, we'd need a few extra hands on deck.” He said. “I'm Jongin, I'm the captain of the ship.”

Zitao.” The tanned male replied. “If he can come, then why not.” He said with a half smile. “I'll go and fetch him.” Zitao ran through the crowds and came back within a few minutes with a shorter male with him. “This is my older brother, Luhan.” He says. “He's good with aiming captain. He can throw and make the target easily.”

Well, hello Luhan.” The captain smiles. “I'm Jongin.”

Hello, so Captain, why are you asking us to join your crew. Why are you even traveling on the sees especially when it's full of danger.”

With a smile the captain just shrugs. “I love the idea of adventure really. And not knowing what lies underneath the ocean. That's what draws me back.”

 

After gathering the supplies Jongin recruits five new members. Joonmyeon's one of them, he repairs the boat after being able to build houses and boats before being recruited, and he believed his life was a bit too boring. There were two friends Minseok and Jongdae who just wanted to try for the sake of trying new things and the two brothers, Luhan and Zitao. As people of Celestine they all knew how to use swords, since every once in a while a gang of rouge pirates would come in and try killing everyone, but with skills with the sword there's no need to worry about dying. Right?

 

As the day started to end everyone was in their own quarters. There was still a lot of room left especially since ten crew members left and the captain only recruited five members, but the amount of skill they had was remarkable and how much they improved over the past few months was incredible. With this Chanyeol and Baekhyun would always cook up meals for everyone, but they were always together.

Jongin walked around the main deck. A habit of his not being able to sleep at night. With the crew members asleep he had the whole ship to himself, it was silence except the rolling of the waves that flooded his ears. Leaning aganist the side of the boat he feels warm air on his neck. Gripping his dagger he turns around and unsheaths the dagger only to see a male. His eyes looked like the moon reflecting off the sea's water, his skin pale as the moon's light. His hair as dark as the depths of the sea. Droplets of water dripping off the tip's of his hair. There were pieces of seaweed on the male's hair. Jongin only saw the male's torso, he wasn't wearing anything on top, but on his lower half, Jongin didn't think he was wearing anything either, but then he didn't see anything. He just blinked, or whatever it was. It wasn't a human obviously, if it was they can be sick or they wouldn't even surive these conditions especially with the ocean's harsh temperatures at night.

W-what are you?” Jongin asked out of curiosity as the male blinked at him and traced his lips.

What do you think I am?” The creature said resting his chin on the palm on his hand. He looked normal, he didn't look anything out of the ordinay. Maybe the seaweed in his hair was a bit strange. There was one name that came into Jongin's mind.

Are you a siren?” Jongin asked, backing away.

A siren?” The male replied. “I don't know, I'm not singing right now. I'm not trying to crash this ship.” The male pulls himself towards the side of the ship and sits down, loud splashing was heard as he sat down. It was like when you pour water into water.

Looking at the male, Jongin didn't see a long silver tail next to the male or whatever he was. The male suddenly swung his leg over and landed on two feet. Blinking his eyes Jongin looked at the male, he felt blood rush up to his face. The male wasn't covered he was just bare . Jongin decides to look only at the male's eyes.

Where did you come from?” Jongin asked as the male looked at him.

You tell me.” He replied as he walked closer and closer to Jongin. Jongin was soon against the opposite side of the boat. The male placed his hands on Jongin's chest and moved it down stopping right before his pelivs. The captain was too surprised to even react from the gesture. “You're a funny one.” The male chuckled as he kissed Jongin's lips softly. He sat on the side of the boat, his feet a few meters from the ocean, it looked like an neverending abyss. With a smile the male jumped into the water without making any sound. Jongin peered over the boat's side and saw nothing, there wasn't any trace of the strange creature.

Touching his lips, Jongin had a desire to kiss those light pink lips yet again.


Finally updated after like what? Months? I know.. I know..

I'm a horrible author for forgetting about this story... gosh..

Hope you like this story so far. I'm sorry if the first chapter is too fluffy, it's the intro...

Questions?

ask.fm

comment/subscribe/upvote if you like it so far.

I'd love to hear what you think

First pirateau so don't kill me... yet..