Taemin's Finding

The Little MerMIN

The Little MerMIN
Chapter 1
Taemin’s Finding


A dark haired boy swam around, his brilliant blue tail and fins pushing him faster and faster as he descended into the darker part of the blue ocean. His thin body dodging fish that swam past him with every turn. Though he stopped short and looked back. Flashes of green and red shimmered behind him. Sighing he swam back to his friends and waited, “what’s taking you two so long?”
“Taemin, you know that we’re not allowed back here.” The one with a red tail said. He reached out and grabbed the youngest boy’s hand.
“You’re no fair, Jinki hyung! You know appa won’t find out!” Taemin sighted.
“Yeah, Jinki hyung. You know we can try it~” The one with a green tail smiled, swimming around the two of them. “It’s not like Key will be down there~” He smiled. Laughing at just saying the word made Jinki flinch.
“Jonghyun! Stop saying that, you know that he hears you every time you say his name.” Jinki growled.
Jonghyun laughed. “Where have you been getting your folk tales?” He asked. “He doesn’t hear you.”
Jinki gulped, “S-stop! What if his little companions find us?” He whimpered. Grabbing the two younger male’s wrists he pulled them away from the darkened part of the ocean. Though he suddenly let out a yelp the water around them started to darken. “A-are we going to die?”
“No,” Taemin breathed. His head tilted back and smiled, “it’s a ship.”
“Great.” Jonghyun mumbled as he saw Taemin start to drift upwards toward the slowly moving object.
Jinki squeaked. “Don’t you dare go up there Taemin! Your father will kill me!”
“Oh he will not,” Taemin sighed as he continued to swim up.
“Taemin, you really want me to die don’t you?” Jinki asked as he continued to swim up after the younger boy. He groaned as they were followed by the constant chuckling of Jonghyun who found Jinki’s struggle funny.
“Hyung, can we try to look on board?” Taemin asked.
“No!” Jinki retorted.

Before they reached the surface Jinki reached out and grabbed Taemin’s hand. “No, we have to go now. Remember, today is the big dinner with your family.” He said. His red tail swishing back and forth as he bit his lowly lip.
“Hyung,” Taemin groaned then sighed. “Fine. I guess I’ll go to the stupid dinner.” Before Jinki could say a think Taemin quickly turned and swam off to the palace. Cursing softly under his breath about how Jinki never allowed him to do a thing.
“Taemin! Wait up, you appa will be angry if he sees you without me!” Jinki swam up to Taemin’s side. “Come on, don’t be so down,” He said.
“That could have been my chance to see one of them!” Taemin spoke in a soft voice as he entered the palace.
“Minnie~ What took you so long? The ‘King’ is waiting,” A boy with slightly tanned skin and blonde hair swam up to Taemin’s side.
“Jiyong, leave Taemin alone.” Jinki said.
Jiyong swam over to Taemin’s side and hugged him. “What’s the matter, is he sad?”
“Couldn’t see a ‘walker’?” A deeper voice sounded from the other side of the hall they were in.
“Yeah, Seunghyun.” Jiyong said, pouting and nodded before swimming over to his older brother and smiled. “Alright, well we better go. Because Appa will want us there first.” He smiled and swam away, his blue tail shimmering in the light. Seunghyun nodded and followed suit.
Groaning Taemin looked over at Jinki. “I guess we better go.” Pouting Taemin followed after his brothers.
“It’ll be okay, Minnie.” Jonghyun piped up. Swimming over to Taemin’s side he hugged him tightly and smiled. “You’ll get to meet a walker some day.”
“But appa said that walkers only think that we’re freaks and will want to hurt us.”
“Well, you’re appa just worries about you.”
“I guess…” Taemin said before swimming after his brothers.

In the giant clearing of the gathering room in the palace the King and Queen, well both Kings, sat on an elevated platform. When the King saw his sons enter he smiled, reaching over and grabbing a thinner male’s pale hand. “Come on,” He smiled, kissing the ‘Queen’ softly.
“Yunho, we shouldn’t in front of everyone.” The black haired male said.
“Jae, it’s okay.” Yunho smiled. He set off down near his three sons, smiling at them.
“Appa, guess what Taemin saw today~”  Jiyong spoke up.
“What?” Yunho asked, giving his sons a questioning look.
“A walker,” Jiyong grinned.
Taemin glared at his older brother, “I did NOT see a walker!”
“Jinki,” Yunho spoke, glaring at the now shaking male behind Taemin. “Did you let my son near a walker?”
“N-no.” Jinki spoke. He bowed, trying to keep himself calm.
“Good, Jiyong. Do not tell lies like that.” Yunho spoke. He looked over at Jaejoong who was watching the whole situation.
“Taemin,” Jaejoong smiled, “do you want to come with me and help me make get things ready?” He asked. Kissing Yunho’s cheek Jaejoong swam over to Taemin and hugged him tightly.
“Sure,” Taemin nodded.

AFTER THE FEAST

Jonghyun swam around Jinki chuckling softly as he ran a finger though his hyung’s hair.
“Stop it I’m worried about Taemin,” Jinki pouted as Jonghyun hugged him from behind.
“Well, you worry too much.” He said softly, kissing Jinki’s cheek.
“I can’t help it. Have you seen the way Seunghyun and Jiyong talk to him?”
“Yeah, but Taemin’s old enough he knows what he’s doing. At least he’s not going around and making deals with Key.” Jonghyun chuckled at the shiver Jinki gave.

Taemin swam over to the two males, running his eyes over them. “You two having fun?” He asked.
Jinki blushed and shoved Jonghyun off of him, “Taemin. You should be in bed, shouldn’t you?”
“No, it’s still light. Why would I go to bed now?”
“Because it’s getting dark.” Jinki said as he swam over to Taemin.
“It’ll be okay, I want to go and find that ship.”
Before Jinki grabbed Taemin he was a shimmering patch of blue gliding away from them. The older boy sighed and looked over at Jonghyun. “Shall we go after him?” He asked.
“Probably the best idea.” Jonghyun took Jinki’s hand before starting to follow after Taemin. “I don’t see why he can’t just leave things alone. He knows walkers are mean creatures.”
“Yeah, maybe he just doesn’t want to believe us.” Jonghyun shrugged and continued to swim.
Finally the two caught up with Taemin who was now directly under the giant shadow the boat was casting down on him.
“Lee Taemin! Don’t you dare tr-”
Taemin was already pushing himself upwards to the bottom of the ship.
When his head surfaced he looked around, then up at the ship he could hear a great deal of noise coming from the deck.

On the deck the crew members were dancing around and singing off key tunes. In the middle women were dancing with royal men. In the center of the boat stood a young man who was playing with the buttons of his coat.
Suddenly a busty woman around his age shuffled her way over to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek, brushing his wavy hair out of his face.
“Minho, why don’t you join us all? After all, this is your party~” She smiled, softly rubbing Minho’s chest.
The boy shrugged and moved her hand away from his chest, “I’m not really in-- actually, just being on the sea makes my stomach hurt.” Minho lied and moved away from the crowd of people. He was more than sure that none of the people actually knew he was even there, so why even act like he was?

Taemin watched from the side of the boat, smiling softly at the handsome boy who had just walked away. He pouted as he continued to watch all the people dance and drink. But he let out a small squeak when he was pulled down from the side of the boat and pulled into the water. When he was submerged he looked at Jonghyun who was glaring and at Jinki who was now already hugging him tightly. “Wh-”
“They could have seen you!” He whispered holding Taemin close to his body. “Why would you have done something so careless like that?”
“Because I wanted to see the walkers.” Taemin pouted.
“Well, never again.”
“They didn’t see me.” Taemin said.
“It doesn’t matter.” Jinki protested and pulled Taemin back to the castle. He couldn’t allow him to go near the ship again.
“Hyung, can I go down to my special place first?”
“As long as Jonghyun and I can come with you.”
“Alright.” Taemin nodded and started to swim in the direction of a small cave that he had found and stored all of his things the walkers would drop from the sky.
When they arrived Jonghyun gasped, “You’ve kept all of this stuff?” He asked, swimming over to a pair of scissors and touched them. “What are these?”
Taemin swam to his side. “I don’t know, but I think they’re used to make food with.” He smiled.
Jinki swam around and picked up a fork, “what’s this?”
“I think they use it to brush through their hair.” Taemin said, grabbing the fork from Jinki and brushed through his long hair with ease.
“Walkers have some weird stuff.”
“I find it interesting.” Taemin smiled.

At the end of the day Jinki forced Taemin back to the castle, he smiled at the boy and kissed his cheek. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Taemin.”
“Alright. Good night.” Taemin waved as he swam down the halls and into his room.
‘I wish I could meet that boy again.’ Taemin thought to himself. Picturing the dark haired male dancing around him, and swimming with him.

__________________________

A/N:
Sooo
This was a sort of bad first chapter, but there you are~
I hope you all like it ^^
And I promise I’ll try and introduce Key and Ricky with Changjo next chapter, or if not maybe Kevin!
I hope you all enjoyed this <3
Please stay strong till I get a hold of the story a little better!

Also, I’m aiming for about 1 update a week because of school. So let’s maybe say around an update from Friday to Sunday night. One of those days you might get an update, or maybe 2 a week if I’m feeling up to it and have enough time!

So please comment on what you think <3 I love you all~ This means so much, thank you for reading <3