Peace

Someone Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seeing Joohee point a gun to Chanyeol made Kyungmi’s ability to think unavailable. She just did what her body wanted her to do, and that is to save Chanyeol’s life. At first, she didn’t feel anything, and when she finally did, she wanted the pain to go away. She couldn’t see anything, hear anything, and feel anything, nothing but the blackness the pain.

 

Chanyeol had never been so afraid in his life. Seeing Kyungmi unconscious and bleeding nearly made him lose his sanity. All he thought of was to never let Kyungmi go. He didn’t see anything, hear anything, feel anything, just the fear of losing Kyungmi again and this time he won’t wake up from it.

 

It’s been forty eight hours and there were no signs of Kyungmi regaining consciousness. She was stable but she’s not waking up.

“Doctor, why won’t my daughter wake up?” Minyoung sobbed. Minseok stayed quiet, sobbing silently as he held his wife.

“Mrs. Kim, you’re daughter is just fine. We didn’t see any permanent damage done in her body,” the doctor calmly explained.

“Then, why the isn’t my baby sister opening her eyes?!” Yifan enraged.

“Yifan, calm down! This isn’t gonna help Kyungmi,” Kai tried to contain his elder brother.

“Mr. Wu, I’m sorry but I suspect your sister is traumatized,” the doctor spoke calmly once more.

“Traumatized?” Yifan froze.

“I think Ms. Kim is protecting herself. She just experienced a brand new pain and she is trying to cope up with it. Give her time. She’ll wake up when she’s ready,” the doctor then took her leave.

“Mom, Dad, we should let Kyungmi rest. Take Yifan with you, I’ll take care of her in the mean time,” Minseok nodded at Kai then left with Minyoung and Yifan.

 

Everyone decided to take turns in taking care of Kyungmi. Finally, on the night when Taehyung was in charge of taking care of her, Kyungmi woke up.

“T-Taehyung,” Kyungmi choked.

“Kyungmi! You’re finally awake!” Taehyung jumped.

“Where am I? And why do I feel as if I slept for a week?” Kyungmi groaned.

“You’re at a hospital and you’ve been asleep for almost seventy-two hours,” Taehyung scoffed. “I’m gonna go call the others, Chanyeol would be so happy you’re awake,”

“Wait! I need to talk to you… alone,” Kyungmi stopped. She knows Taehyung, so she knows what’s going on in his mind right now.

“Okay,” Taehyung agreed. “But first, I need to call your doctor so you can be checked, okay?” Kyungmi nodded.

 

Taehyung went outside of the room and came back with a female doctor. She did a routine check-up and see if there was anything wrong with her.

“How do you feel Ms. Kim?” the doctor asked.

“I’m a bit thirsty actually,” Taehyung got up and handed her a glass of water.

“Water is fine,” the doctor nodded at Taehyung. “Soft drinks, juices and caffeine are definitely not allowed. You can take milk and soft diet only for a few weeks, no meat,”

“I understand doctor. Thank you,” Kyungmi acknowledged as the doctor takes her leave. “Sit beside me Taehyung,”

Taehyung silently went and sat on the available seat next to Kyungmi’s bed. “I’m --,”

“Before you say anything, I just want to tell you that what happened to me is not your fault. So there is no need to be sorry,” Kyungmi interrupted him.

“How is this not my fault?! Joohee attacked you and Chanyeol because of me!”

“Taehyung, at the moment, she’s a very very sick girl. Her action was unexpected because she was very unstable,”

“You’re not angry at her?”

“I was, at first, because she destroyed us. But I moved on and so in the process I became happy. Right now, I pity her,”

“So, I guess, you and I don’t have a chance to be together again right? Especially now that you’re with Chanyeol?”

“Taehyung… you were my first in almost everything. But Chanyeol… he was my first love. He was there on my darkest times and he stayed even though he knew the worst. I love him and as cliché as this might sound, I really want us to be to be friends again,”

Taehyung chuckled. “You know what’s funny? You’re really serious right now. You really want us to be friends again. Well then, as your new friend, tell me, how does Chanyeol make you feel?”

“Are you sure you want to know?” Taehyung nodded at Kyungmi. The girl took a deep breath. “Well, when he holds my hands, I feel safe. Whenever he kisses me, I simply feel complete. When he touches me, I forget all of my problems. Whenever he makes love to me, I enter a world where only the two of us exist. He makes me feel loved and for that, I love him very much,”

“Sounds like you got it bad,” Taehyung smiled.

Kyungmi giggled. “I suppose we both have,”

 

After their conversation, Taehyung contacted Chanyeol right away to let him know that Kyungmi was already awake then took his leave when the latter arrive.

“Thank you Taehyung,” Chanyeol shook hands with Taehyung. “How is Joohee?”

“She’s been confined in a facility outside of Korea. She won’t be bothering you anytime soon,” Taehyung shrugged and went to the door. “And, there’s no need to thank me. It was the least I could do,”

“Hey,” Chanyeol stopped Taehyung. “I’m glad she has you,” Taehyung nodded then left.

Chanyeol looked at Kyungmi, who was staring at him with a smile. “You look like . When did you last sleep Chanyeol?”

“I was worried about you,” Chanyeol forced out a smile. “I’m so glad you’re okay now,”

“Channie, I’m tired. Can you sleep beside me?” Kyungmi scooted over for Chanyeol on the bed.

The boy didn’t argue and laid beside her. “I love you,” he kissed her forehead.

 

The next day, everyone was at the hospital. Kyungmi woke up with everyone glaring at her. Chanyeol was nowhere to be found.

“What the were you thinking Kyungmi?!” Yifan scolded.

“Do you have any idea how worried we would be before you jumped and pretended to be a hero?!” Kai followed.

“I’m sorry,” Kyungmi cringed.

“Don’t ever do that to us again!” Luhan cried and hugged Kyungmi hitting her wound.

“Ow!” Kyungmi cried out.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry,” Luhan jumped.

“Careful baby,” Sehun chuckled. “It’s good to see you again, finally awake this time,” Sehun fist-bumped Kyungmi.

“It’s great to see you all again,” Kyungmi smiled. “Sorry for ruining your party Yifan,”

“It’s fine. Who cares about that stupid party anyway,” Yifan shrugged.

 

A week after the incident, Kyungmi got discharged from the hospital. Chanyeol vowed to himself to make it up to Kyungmi. Everything returned to its normal state. School was hell but rewarding as they are nearing their graduation.

 

Today is a very special day indeed. Chanyeol had prepared something special for today is his family’s death anniversary.

“Where are we going today?” Kyungmi giggled in excitement.

“It’s a secret,” Chanyeol winked. “I want to make it up to you, for saving my life,” he grabbed her hand and kissed it.

“Oh baby. You didn’t have to do this. You would’ve done the same thing if the roles were reversed,” Kyungmi pecked Chanyeol’s cheeks.

“Dam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter