Perfect Imperfection

Perfect Imperfection

'Study hard, son' Dongwan's mum said after she dropped Dongwan in front of the gate.

'Okay mum, love you' Dongwan got off from the car and started walking to his class.

'Great, he's not here yet' Dongwan mumbled to himself and made his way cautiously.

'Good morning, Dongwan!' Junjin, Dongwan's friend called him with a loud voice.

Dongwan quickly hushed him with his mouth and hissed, 'Shhh, be quiet will you?!'

But then again, he was too late when he heard an annoying voice running towards him.

'Dongwannie~' Minwoo said,

Minwoo is Dongwan's neighbour for years now and Dongwan doesn't like him for one bit. He is immature and so annoying. Maybe it's because he knows that Minwoo likes him as he likes to show his affection in public. Nevertheless, Dongwan knows that he couldn't escape from him as their mothers are close friends.

'What?' Dongwan hissed.

'I just wanted to say good morning. Study hard love!' Minwoo pecked his cheek making Dongwan blushed.

'Y-YAH!! You can't just kiss me like that?!' Dongwan scolded.

'I don't care~ I'm late for my class now, bye Dongwannie. See you later' Minwoo winked at him and left.

'Tsk, that bastard' Dongwan scoffed.

'Wow, he really likes you hyung' Junjin commented.

'But I don't like him! He's so annoying' Dongwan sat at his place.

'Yeah sure' Junjin smirked. He knows that deep in Dongwan's heart, the older one has feelings for Minwoo and he is too ego to deny it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next week is the final exam and Dongwan is studying very hard to achieve good results. He needs to score as he wants to use his result to apply scholarship.

As he was studying, he sneakily peeked outside of his window. His room is opposite Minwoo's room so he could see everything clearly when Minwoo is doing something. Much to his dismay, Minwoo could sneaked in his room whenever he wants and he did that for hundredth of times already and it made Dongwan pissed.

He saw Minwoo who was dancing to the song 'Growl' by EXO. He hates to admit this but he loves watching Minwoo dance as the guy is so talented in dancing but at the same time, he didn't know why Minwoo doesn't want to participate in competitions.

He snapped from his daze when he heard Minwoo said, 'Are you stalking me?'

'W-What? No! Don't be ridiculous. I-I don't have time for you, next week is the exam week. And you should be studying, not dancing' Dongwan shouted.

'I am going to study. But after I take a bath. Bye bye Dongwannie~' Minwoo grinned widely and made his way to the bathroom.

Few minutes later, Minwoo came inside his room with a towel wrapped around his waist. Dongwan could clearly see Minwoo's fine abs and unknown to him, it made his mouth wide open. Minwoo on the other hand just smirked and casually put on his clothes slowly with the windows wide open.

Then he walked to the window and shouted, 'Do you like what you see Dongwannie? I can show you more'

Dongwan blushed and he could feel like he has turned into a bright red ripe tomato, 'W-a What are you talking about? I'm not looking at you dumb! J-Just go study' Dongwan stuttered and continued to concentrate on his revision.

Minwoo smirked and start studying too. After 1 hour, Dongwan took a glance at Minwoo as he was curious what the red hair guy was doing. He could only sighed sighed when he saw Minwoo who was sleeping soundly like a baby.

He grabbed his phone and dialled Minwoo's number. Yes, Dongwan has Minwoo's number because Minwoo sneakily put his contact number on his phone. Then the phone rang and Minwoo picked up.

'Hello?' Minwoo said in his sleepy voice.

Dongwan's heart pounded as he heard Minwoo's voice, 'Y-Yah, don't sleep. I told you to study, not sleep' Dongwan calmly said.

Minwoo immediately sat up straight and was staring directly to Dongwan with a wide smile on his face. But then he pouted, 'But I'm sleepy' Minwoo whined.

Dongwan sighed and replied, 'Fine, I'll help you study tonight. Come over'

Dongwan engaged the phone call and seconds later, Minwoo was already in Dongwan's room. That night, they spent the whole night studying. But more like Dongwan scolding Minwoo when he couldn't understand the basic things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After exam...

As Minwoo was walking to see Eric at the cafeteria, he heard Dongwan's voice behind the school building. He hid behind the wall and eavesdropped the conversation.

'I'm sorry but I couldn't accept your feelings' Dongwan politely said.

Minwoo smiled as he knows that his Dongwan would reject those immature confessions.

'But why oppa?' the girl was starting to sob.

'Because... How should I say this?' Dongwan hesitated.

'I like someone else' Dongwan honestly said.

At that moment, Minwoo's heart clenched so hard that it hurts. He knows that Dongwan doesn't like him as he's the one who has one-sided love.

'Who oppa?' the girl asked softly.

'I can't tell you who, I'm sorry. But I can tell you this. That person is perfect imperfection...'

Minwoo couldn't stand hearing those words coming out from Dongwan about the person he loves. So he immediately ran off to the toilet as he couldn't hold his tears anymore. After the recess, he walked back to his class looking a little bit normal but still can see his red nose.

Eric was stunned to see Minwoo in that state so he quickly asked what happened. Minwoo started crying and told him everything. Eric on the other hand could only sighed and patted his back saying that everything is going to be alright. But they both know it's not gonna be alright.

That night, Minwoo closed the curtains and spent his night crying over Dongwan. The next morning, Minwoo decided to let Dongwan has his own happiness so he will start to stay away from Dongwan from now on. He avoided Dongwan and didn't talk to him at all. He wouldn't look Dongwan in the eyes and always close his curtains in the room so that he won't be looking at the guy.

Dongwan on the other hand was confused by Minwoo's sudden change. At first, he thought he is going to be happy with Minwoo now not pasturing him 24/7 but he was dead wrong. He felt like dying when Minwoo ignore him. AT ALL!

'What's wrong with you hyung? I thought that you would be relieve that Minwoo is gone' Junjin asked.

'I am happy' Dongwan lied.

'Yeah right. Hyung, don't deny your feelings. We both know that you like the guy years ago. And now is the time to tell him everything' Junjin explained.

'But how?' Dongwan whined.

'I don't know, you'll have to figure something out. Don't make him give up on you because I see that he's going to' Junjin patted his back and leave the classroom as the bell rang gesturing recess time.

Dongwan sighed and started running to Minwoo's class. Much to his luck, Minwoo is there. Dongwan took a seat in front of him and stared directly into his eyes.

'What do you want?' Minwoo coldly asked, not looking at Dongwan.

'Why are you being like this?'

'Like what?' Minwoo looked up to him.

'Like this. You have been ignoring me for a week and I don't like that'

'So? I can ignore you as long as I want' Minwoo protruded his tongue and looked outside the window.

'Yah, Lee Minwoo! Look at me right now! I don't like being ignored by you!' Dongwan hissed.

'So what?! I'm not important, so why would you care?! Just go to your perfect imperfection crush!' Minwoo yelled.

Dongwan was stunned by his words but smiled when it hit him. Minwoo must've overheard his conversation that day.

'Let me tell you about my crush' Dongwan smirked.

'I don't want to hear it, stupid!' Minwoo covered his ears and buried his face on the table.

'Just listen! That crush of mine is annoying. But I love his annoyance. That crush of mine is lazy. But I love helping him when he's lazy. That crush of mine likes to disturb me 24/7 asking about my life. But I love his caring attitude. That crush of mine loves to dance but he's too shy to show it. But I love when he dances confidently in front of me. But most importantly...'

Dongwan stopped talking when he saw Minwoo who was staring blankly at him. He smirked and leaned in forward to kiss Minwoo's lips. After he pulled out from the kiss, he smirked and said, 'That crush of mine is called Lee Minwoo'

Minwoo couldn't process what was happening and he could only replied, 'Ehh?!'

'Yah, I love you Lee Minwoo. You're my perfect imperfection' Dongwan said.

'Dongwannie~' Minwoo quickly hugged him tightly causing Dongwan to laugh.

'I love you too' Minwoo grinned widely at him and leaned in for another kiss.