Chapter 2

Speak Now

 Chapter 2 ; Only I didn't Know

 Play this

          

 


"Here's your invitation. The party is in a week." Miyoung sat in front of Suho's mother in a cafe. Miyoung looked at the card which was being handed to her by Mrs.Kim, looking very confused but she accepted in nonetheless. 

"Thank you..but if you don't mind me asking, what's the invitation for?" Miyoung asked and Mrs.Kim smirked.

"You'll see.. Make sure you come dressed in a formal gown. I don't want to see anyone poorly dressed at the party." With that, Mrs.Kim stood up and left Miyoung seated there alone, still lost but since his mother had asked- more like demanded her to come to the formal party, she couldn't reject. Not when she was going to be her mother-in-law in the future. With a sigh, she went home.

1 week later,

The rest of the week had gone by quickly and it was soon time for the party. She had on a beautiful white gown and had tied her hair in a waterfall braid. She had on a pair of glittery silver heels and a silver clutch. Since it was winter, she also had on her long dark gray winter coat to shield her from the coldness. Once she was all ready, she left for the dinner party.

Upon arriving, she caught sight of Baekhyun and Chanyeol who had also just arrived so she approached them.

"Baekhyun! Chanyeol!" Miyoung waved as she ran- more like speed walked over to them with a beaming smile on her face. As she approached them, a staff took her winter coat from her. 

"N-Noona?!" The two boys were shocked to see her there and as she walked towards them, they sent each other worried glances. 

"W-What are you doing here, noona?" Chanyeol asked her. 

"I got invited by Joonmyun's mother." Miyoung explained and instantly, the boys knew what was up. They had to get her out of there before she could witness anything. However, before they could say or do anything, the sound of clicking heels made them freeze up. It was Suho's mother. 

"Ah.. Omoni/Mrs Kim!" Chanyeol and Baekhyun bowed politely along with Miyoung. Mrs Kim smirked upon seeing her there.

"You're here! Come. Let me take all of you to the ballroom. An announcement is about to be made by my husband." Mrs Kim gestured for them to follow her which they did, without a single choice since she practically pulled Miyoung along as if afraid she would run away. 

When they reached the ballroom, there were a ton of people there all looking very sophiscated and elegant. At a corner of the room, there were the EXO boys excluding Suho. Mrs Kim had already let Miyoung go so the three people headed towards EXO's table. 

"Hello everyone!" Miyoung smiled as she greeted the boys who all looked at her as if they just saw a ghost or something. 

"M-Miyoung-ah.. What are you doing here?" Xiumin asked and she replied the very same thing she had told Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The whole group then knew what was going on. They looked at her equally worried as she picked up a glass of orange juice from a waiter who walked by with a tray filled with glasses of orange juice before taking a seat. Just as she took the first sip, someone had stepped onto the stage. 

"Ah hem.. Testing. Can everybody hear me?" The man received nods from the audience. "Good evening everyone. I'm Kim Junghwa, the chairman of Kim Corps. Thank you all for attending my company's 30th anniversary party. In honor for today's celebration, I have an announcement to make." He said. 

"Noona.. We should go." Sehun tugged on Miyoung's hand and she nodded, suddenly having a bad feeling about the announcement. However, just as she stood up, the man had announced his announcement.

"In hopes of expanding the company and to bring it to a bigger success, my son, Kim Joonmyun will be getting married to Ms Park Chorong of the Park Group."  At the announcement, the said pair stepped on-stage. Miyoung turned pale at the sight of her boyfriend standing next to another girl as her grip on the glass slipped causing it to crash onto the marble floor very loudly. Instantly, everyone turned to look. Joonmyun's eyes widened at the sight of his girlfriend while his mother and fiancee smirked in triumph. 

"I.. I'm sorry." Miyoung bowed her head before running out of the room without another glance back. She failed to notice how Suho had got off the stage and had began running after her.