All Those Pictures (Myungsoo)

The Proposal

You were walking through the house, cleaning everything and doing all the jobs that needed to be done. It was hard to have a job and to work around in the house but it were just things you had to do and that had to be done. You couldn't ask Myungsoo to do those things for you, he was already busy enough and so you knew that you were in this alone. So while the dinner was cooking on the stove you were now pulling off the blankets of the bed and put them into the laundry basket and then walked to the closet to take some new ones.


You were completely absorbed in making everything look neat and didn't hear it when the front door opened and closed. You clapped your hands and sighed when you admired the result and then smiled. You grabbed the basket that was standing at your feet and when you turned around you dropped it again with a slight squeal. Your hand flew to your fast beating heart and you gave your boyfriend a glare. "Kim Myungsoo! Do you want me to get a heart attack?" You whisper screamed in the hope not to sound to angry but to make sure he knew he never had to do it again.

 

"I'm sorry jagi, I didn't mean to scare you." He ran over to you and hugged you that hard that you could barely move. Your eyes widened in surprise by his reaction, this wasn't like him. He was the one who would laugh it off or give you a small smile if it wasn't something big he had done wrong, something like this. You wondered what had caused this serious reaction of your boyfriend. "Myung, it's okay. You don't have to take it this serious, I'm not mad at you or anything." You said while patting his back which would normally be his cue to let him know you really were okay and he could let go, but today he didn't let you out of his arms.

 

You frowned and began to worry about his, his behavior wasn't like him. "Myungsoo-ah, are you okay?" He nodded and hid his face in your neck while sniffed at your hair. "I just missed you a lot today, that's all." A smile traveled across your face and you tightened your arms around his middle. Moments like these didn't happen very often so they were twice as special when they did happen. Myungsoo could have a hard time with showing his feelings from time to time and even more with saying it in words. So it always made you feel bubbly if he did tell you what he felt just because you knew how hard it was for him.

 

But as much as you wanted to hug him and cuddle with him, you didn't have much time for that today. Your plan to have everything done before Myungsoo returned was already ruined but that didn't mean you didn't want it to be done. "Myung, can you let go now? I still have to do the laundry and make the food." You said while trying to pull yourself out of his iron grip. But no matter how hard you tried to get free, he didn't let go of you. "You can do the laundry another time and we'll just order some food, you deserve a day off jagi." He mumbled and what he said made you feel suspicious. Myungsoo hated it to sleep in dirty sheets and he didn't like take-out food so that's why he always wanted you to cook. There was something off with him today and you had no idea what it could be.

 

"Did something happen at work today? Normally you not this affectionate. Do you want to talk about it?" He sighed deeply and finally loosened his hold around you, only to grab your hands in his. It was only then that you felt that he was shaking like crazy and his hands were sweaty. "Oh my god baby, are you okay? Are you sick?" You pulled one of your hands back and put it on his forehead but Myungsoo shook his head and took your hand back. "No, not sick, just nervous." You frowned at his explanation. What could make him this nervous? Had he done something bad? Now he was no longer the only one who was nervous because suddenly your heart beat raised fast and your eyes widened a little.

 

"Come with me to the living room, I've got something that I want to show you." As he led you towards the couch he laced his fingers through yours and squeezed a little. You didn't dare to say anything just because you had no idea what to think. He had to show you something, could that he something bad? It couldn't right? Myungsoo would never do such a thing to you. You watched him carefully as he began to dig behind a pillow and got a present from behind it, wrapped up in beautiful wrapping paper and a beautiful bow that fitted each other perfectly. Suddenly everything that had been in your mind before drifted off as you knew that he truly had something to give to you.

 

"What is it?" You asked, curiosity clear in your voice as you took the package from him. he smiled a little as he saw how fixed your eyes were on the thing in your hands and then shrugged. "You'll see that if you open it." You could no longer contain yourself and ripped the paper so that you could see what was inside. A really pretty photo album fell in your eye sight and you smiled, this was something you could've expected. You put the trash aside and saw how Myungsoo shifted closer to you as you turned the cover. You didn't know why he was making such a big deal of this, you always liked all the pictures he made.

 

But when you saw the first picture you finally understood why this meant so much to him. It was a picture that he had taken of the two of you at the wedding of your best friend, the first occasion where the two of you had gone to when you had started dating. As you turned the page you saw the next one, taken backstage of his first concert you had been to. But no matter which photo you looked at and how many pages you turned, it was all about you two. In every picture you were standing beside another, smiling happily. It made all the memories flow back to you and it made you realize how many things you had already been through together and that there were more good memories than bad.

 

But when you got at the last page of the book you were confused. Is was a picture of him alone, standing beside the couch, on the exact place you were sitting in front of. You studied the picture and tried to catch the clue, to understand why this picture was added to the album since it had nothing to do with you, you were sure this had never happened before. But when you looked closely you saw he was holding something in between his figures, something small and shiny. When you realized it was a ring you gasped and lifted your head at Myungsoo who raised from his seat on the couch beside you and sat down on one knee in front of you, just as in the picture.

 

"________-ah, I know I'm not good in saying sweet things to you and expressing myself. But even if I don't, I love you. As you can see we've already been through so many things together and I hope that many albums of them may follow. So would you marry me?" You stared at the ring in his hand and tried to blink away the tears that were beginning to fill your eyes. "Of course I will you pabo." You whispered and he smiled happily at you before slipping the ring on your finger. "Now..." He said and got out his camera from behind his back. You giggled as he sat back next to you and held the camera in front of you to take the next picture to place in the album, the first picture of a whole new chapter.