Meeting

Not The End


I held his cold hand, tears spilling out of my eyes. My Luhan, lifeless in the hospital bed. The heart monitor beeping in slow increments. 

"Don't go..."

Luhan, just earlier today was sweet, alive, but now, he's unconsious; bound to a hospital bed.

---

We met our freshman year. I wouldn't say it was love at first sight, but it definitely wasn't nothing.

Being the quiet girl I was, I was constantly picked on by the richer, more popular girls. It happened everyday, most people would watch, but not do anything. It hurt, but I didn't blame them, I wouldn't want to be involved either. 

My parents didn't know, I didn't want them to worry. It got bad enough to he point when I was done. Done with school, the bullies, and life itself.

And I had planned to end it all on the rooftop of the school that day. 

I remember the shaky steps I took, up each stair, one by one. I had collapsed by the time I reached the top. 

Shaking, I slowly made my way over to the railing and looked over the edge. Below, the school's front lawn was freshly cut, the grass was green and the sun was shining. I could see and hear the students below, gossiping about others, assignments, and having a good time. The flowerbeds in the garden were freshly made, and the flowers were in full bloom. 

It's too bad there would be a body littering it soon.

With shaky breaths, I crawled over. I was now sitting on the edge. 

Was this what I wanted? 

Yes, it was. To escape the misery. All of it.

My head was flooded with the memories, good and bad. I was reminded by the dream my parents had of me growing up and raising my own family. My little brother cheerfully bidding me goodbye before leaving for school this morning. Tears were streaming out of my eyes. That would be gone, I would be leaving them. But the burden on them would be gone as well.

I took a deep breath and smiled. Classes were almost over. I was going to have to go as soon as possible. It was all soon to be over. 

Until I heard the rooftop door slam open.

"Get out of there!!" I heard a voice shout.

I didn't care what it was, but I turned anyway. I'm glad I did. I was met with a face of an angel.

"Please don't go." He pleaded, his large doe eyes glinting with tears. "There are people who love you here. Don't leave them."

I stared dumbfounded. Did people care? After being slammed into lockers, constantly being insulted, always being alone; I had never noticed these people before. But had they done anything to stop it before? No they didn't. 

"I'm sorry," I shook my head, "I'm tired of living. Everyday I'm a alive is just another burden to me. Its the only way to end it."

"Stop, I'm sorry I didn't do anything before. I saw what those girls did, but I never did anything, and I regret it. If I could stop you from doing this, I'd do anything! Anything..." I felt his hand on my shoulder. "Please don't go." 

His large pleading eyes looked into mine, I couldn't say no. I tried to fight it, I really did. I kept telling myself that after I stepped down from this railing, there would be no more chances. 

That's when I felt him pull me back as I tumbled down onto the solid ground of the rooftop. The boy fell on top on me.

He looked into my eyes, "I'm here for you now, just promise me you'll stay."

For once, I saw an unfamiliar glimmer of hope. That change would actually come. For once, I actually believed it. 

And that's what forced me to unconsciously nod my head.

 

--------------------

Yay! My first official chapter posted:) I was working on my adventure fic, but tbh I got stuck on the first chapter. Plus, the other day I was sad idk why but I do enjoy reading angsty fics so here's my attempt at one. The chapters may be fairly short bc I'm new to writing and all but I'll do better!

~Fairytaiil~