She

She

{Dara}

She. I saw her again. Like I always. She usually appears on my boyfriend side. But, I never claim her existence as a matter. Actually I’m indigo -a kind of person who can see unseen creature. But, me, myself never tells Jiyong, my boyfriend. Cause I’m a quiet person. I’m a type of person who will not tell something, if the other person doesn’t ask about that particular thing. Beside that I thing may be she’s Jiyong’s nuna whom he ever told me. She’s tall, I think her height is around 170 more or less. She has auburn hair. She actually has pretty face, but with pale color of skin. She has pointed nose, but slanted light brown eyes which colored like a sweet chocolate. Thin and pale lips. She has a beautiful necklace with silver heart pendant on her neck. She’s in white. She always be in that white dress when she appeared. I think it might be her death dress. She always be staring at Jiyong sadly, like there’s something on her mind which she wanted to say so badly. Observing Jiyong. She always be holding her necklace whenever she stares at him. And, following whenever my Jiyong steps. Even though when Jiyong was walking with me. Actually who is she? Sometimes I got a little bit regret, cause I can’t reply her smile in public, that she might be tried to greet me. Because I’m afraid that other people may think that I’m crazy. How if she’s really Jiyong’s nuna? I should be closer with her.

Today Jiyong invited me to have a lunch with him at his apartment. You might think that this is weird. A guy cooks. But, Jiyong said that he should try to cook, too. Cause later when I pregnant, he’s the one who will cook for me. This is crazy. He must be kidding. But, yeah.. For fun, I just finally agreed his invitation. What’s the matter about who will cook for whom?? Whether it is him or me, that will be the same. I claimed it just as having a romantic lunch together. And, yeah. This is one day before our marriage. That’s why he wanted to try all of this for the last before our wedding. And, he would like to ask me about how his cuisine tastes like.

“Um… Jiyong…?” Called me.

“Yes, Darling?” Answered him.

“Ah, I forgot!” Said him suddenly, he held his forehead. ” I must take the prawn from the refrigerator and make the sauce. Mianhae. Wait a minute, ne, Darling?”

“Ne.” I nodded.

At the end I have no time to ask him about that girl, again. Finally I just waited at his living room. He asked me to wait there, so that I won’t see the cooking process. He said “surprise”. But, who will know whether his way to cook is disgusting or not. I’ll just taste his cuisine later.

“Ah, frightened me!” Shouted me. I got surprise. That girl appeared again. This time not beside Jiyong, but behind me. She patted my shoulder softly to call me. Actually I got a little bit confuse why she appeared beside me, not Jiyong anymore. Is there anything she wanted to ask me?? But, anyway I just grateful that my shouts isn’t too loud and Jiyong couldn’t hear that, because his apartment is quite big and the distance between living room to the kitchen is quite long.

She smiled to me. I replied her smile this time, cause fortunately no one’s here. Well. I claimed this as deletion of my regret, because of ever abandoned her a moment ago. Then, that girl started to open .

“You’re Sandara Park, right?” Asked her.

“Yes, I am.” Answered me.

Then, she offered her hand to be shaken.

“I’m Jiyeon. Park Jiyeon.” Said her.

I accepted it. Then, she sat on the sofa, in front of me.

“Nice to see you, Jiyeon! Uh-um, by the way sorry for not replying your greet last time-

She put her index finger on my lips.

“Sst! It’s okay. It doesn’t matter… I’ve known that you can see me. That’s why I dared myself to talk to you.” Said her. She smiled with her pale lips.

“By the way is there something you want to ask?” Asked me directly.

“I heard you will be Jiyong’s wife…

“Is it possible that you’re Jiyong’s nuna?” Well. This is quite impolite, but yeah.. I cut her words with my bright large smile. I don’t know why, but I curious with her. She has made me so enthusiastic about her.

She shook her head. Then, suddenly my smile faded away. But, I’m not sad. I think I just excited too much.

“No, I’m his ex.” I got quite surprise with this, but I don’t hate her. “I want to deliver my message to you to look after your Jiyong well. He is a good man.” Said her to the point. Unexpectedly.

“Then, why…? I mean.. Why if he’s really a good man, you break up with him?” Asked me enthusiastically with my previous expression. Bright smile.

“I had brain cancer before I died. And, the cancer itself grew malignant and more malignant everyday. I was bad-tempered girl. A bad girl. Who always grumbles to anyone I actually can’t complain, included Jiyong, too. I was getting annoying everyday. And, he might not be able to differentiate between my deathly cancer or me. In fact I don’t mean, never mean to scold him. And, what I feel was just pain. A great pain. Then, I didn’t want Jiyong to be sad, because of my death. So, I tried to make Jiyong hate me by telling him that I have an affair with another guy and asking Chanyeol, my best friend, Jiyong’s best friend too to act as my secret boyfriend. Uh…….! I felt so guilty toward Chanyeol. Because of me he’s being hated by Jiyong. In fact they’re very close friends since they were children.” She took a deep breath for a while.

I know Park Chanyeol and his friend Park Hyomin, they were my classmate on Junior High School, although not to close. ’till now we’re still connect through SNS, social media.

“If you guilty with everyone. With Jiyong and mainly un-sinned guy, Chanyeol, too. Why did you do all of this..???” Asked me a little bit carried by my own emotion. Couldn’t think how I should and properly act anymore.

“I’VE SAID, BECAUSE I WANTED JIYONG TO HATE ME!” Answered her with voice that if seen people voiced like that, answered from second floor, people at the first floor also could hear. I think she carried by her own emotion, too, just like me. Lucky that she’s un-seen creature, so Jiyong at the kitchen couldn’t hear her words which she has just said very loudly actually.

She took a deep breath once again. Then, she stared to the other side, wandered through the opened window which gave us fresh air. I could see her beautiful auburn hair’s blown by the air. I think she was trying to remember something that she wanted to tell me.

“Is your brain cancer recurrence again..??” Kidding me to melt the situation with my sarcastic expression.

She stared at me, like want to answer or tell the un-finished story(?).

“Jiyong friends had ever tried to tell him that I don’t actually has an affair with Chanyeol at the hospital on the day of my death, exactly when my brain surgery failed,” The fact my prediction was wrong, she continued her story. “But, unfortunately he doesn’t believe them. He had been hated me too much.” Jiyeon shook her head. She really sounded like she’s sad this time. So, I patted her shoulder softly.

“Be patient…! Be patient…!” I patted her shoulder repeatedly, cause she still looked sad. ’till she opened .

“Dara-ssi, actually this isn’t a message I wanted to entrust to you, but please tell Jiyong that I’m really sorry to him.” Said her.

“I will.” Answered me.

“And, last but not least, I’ll be really disappear after this. So, please take care of Jiyong well..” Asked her.

“I surely will…” Answered me in obvious tone.

She smiled. I smiled.

“Darling, whom you smiled to?” Asked Jiyong.

“Ah, aniya.” Lied me. I didn’t mean not to claim Jiyeon’s existence, but I’m going to tell Jiyong later with my words, with normal, and more acceptable ordinary person could accept.

“Geurom.. Gaja! Go to the kitchen the Sweet And Sour Shrimp has ready to be served.” Invited him, he smiled. I followed him to the kitchen. And, so Jiyeon, she followed behind me.

“Darling?” Called me.

“Hum?” Answered him.

“Remember Park Jiyeon?” Asked me when I have already sat at the table.

“How come you know about her?” Jiyong looked surprise, but I knew from his expression, he tried to look calm. “You were unloading my drawer to find my photo album to know more about me, hm? Creative, Dara-ya!” He who’s standing beside me, my chin softly. I started to worry whether it’s okay to deliver Jiyeon’s message or not. But, I’ve promised.

Jiyong inhaled, then exhaled. I could say.. long enough. He put his head down and folded both of his hands like a person who’s going to pray. Then, he said, “Do. Never. Ever. Mention. Her. Name. Again. Darling!” Said him with obvious stress on his tone.

Jiyong made a space for a while.

“She’s a jerk. I don’t wanna hear her name again. Arachi, Dara-ya???” Asked Jiyong.

“Why?” Asked me, pretending that I don’t know anything.

Jiyong took a deep breath, again, for the second time. No wonder that talking about each other, I mean, talking about Jiyong to Ji and talking about Ji to Jiyong could give a new wound towards the old one which has almost dried and healed for real. Now, I’m just like a digger who dig about Jiyong and Jiyeon’s past so deeply. Hahhhhhh……….. What exactly happened between them?? I got more enthusiastic about this. Then, Jiyong stared to the opened window and wandered so far like what Jiyeon just did a moment ago. This moment made me think that is it possible that Jiyeong and Jiyeon are actually a soul-mate, if only she didn’t die to leave my Jiyong first..? Cause their movement almost all the same sometimes, and the way they talk, too. Then, Jiyong started the conversation again.

“Hhh…. She was a nice, quiet, diligent, pretty, shy, calm, kind-hearted girl.. I introduced myself to her and asked her phone number on the first day of Senior High School. Cause she is so quiet, so she is the only one friend at class who I haven’t got her number. Like her?? At first I haven’t had any feeling for her. I just asked her number, because I think make friends with anyone in class is important. I think it’s good not to pick who are more proper to be friends who will be around you. Cause sometimes you may need your friends help. She’s the smartest, but the most quiet student at class. She likes to study and learn about something new so much. She usually spends her break time to eat her lunch alone at class or have a quality time with herself and her books at our school’s library, hide behind the huge book rag. There’s no guy at class who excited to do an approach to her. According to them, she’s boring. But, I think she’s different, she’s so unique, special, and exciting to me. She’s the one in the million… I had been excited to her, after a few days of school, but I wanted to know about her further first. So, I just spent my time to observe her activities and her beautiful face from the far. I also ever followed Ji, ’till she arrived home.  Her home isn’t a big house, just an ordinary, comfortable house one with white paint outside, but from the outside like peaceful house, too peaceful instead, quiet like a house with no person inside. One day, I had a chance to really visit her house. She’s my one group friend, the Biology teacher, Madame Clara gave us an assignment to make a Biology crossword from the chapter she had already taught. At that time Madame Clara has a system which members of group have to choose their own group leader. So, I chose Ji. Many friends wanted to choose her this time, cause she is smart. At the evening, on the day of the assignment making when the assignment has already done, all of her friends had already gone home, except me. At that moment I said that I want to accompany her first, ’till her parents are home. But, she said her parents are never home indeed since her dad got a job overseas, at Singapore exactly, as a plumber. The salary for that job isn’t too big, but greater than his previous job as an office boy at Korea. While her mom had already died since she was a little child, because of attacked by lupus disease. And, the good news is I still allowed to accompany her, although her parents will never be at home. I glad to have a chance to chat with her, after that I had just known that Ji is a kind of person who’s able to smile, laugh, chat comfortably with certain persons who made her feels comfortable. The fact Madame Clara’s assignment gave a big result towards my approach to her. After that, I was getting closer and closer with Ji. Since that time I became the one who always accompanies her during her break time at school. And, when I thought that day at the library -that day was the 3 months I became her friends- is a right time, then I dared confess my feeling to her,”

I listened to Jiyong’s brief story carefully with excited expression and both hands were holding my thin chin.

“She accepted my love. We became a couple. But, 1 year after we became a couple, that was our second grade of school, exactly right on the date of our anniversary when I was going to visit her house to give a surprise, I got a call from her dad instead that Ji is at the hospital, she’s sick. After I arrived at the hospital Ji’s dad and the doctor told me that she diagnosed as a patient with brain cancer. I was sad to know about that news, but as a loyal boyfriend of course I have to still loyally and willingly accompany her in her suffering days. But, she was getting fierce instead. She often mad to me, blamed me, and complained every little thing on me. I don’t know why. She also often feels very great headache, ’till she screamed so loudly whenever it comes. I could face this anymore. But, what can I do? If I leave her, then I’ll be the most cruel person and also un-understanding boyfriend in the world. Beside that, since that time I couldn’t differentiate between her malignant cancer with her true personality. Don’t know either whether she really changed or not. The most shocking one, I saw her kissing with Chanyeol, my own best friend a few minutes before her brain surgery at her room at the hospital. Then, she told me that she has an affair with Chanyeol indeed with . She’s a cruel jerk. I hate her so very, very, very damn much!!!” Said Jiyong ended his story with stress on his last sentence.

“Then, how’s the end of the story?? Her brain surgery is failed, right?” Asked me.

Jiyong nodded.

“And, she died.” Continued him.

“Her friends had already told you, if that’s a lie, right?? Jiyeon and Chanyeol didn’t have an affair.” Answered me. He looked really surprise with my answer this time.

“Darl, stop it!!!” Shout him in obvious tone. “How come you know?” Asked him, then.

I tried to think quickly to convince him.

“From Hyomin, she’s my old friend, Chanyeol’s friend, too. She said that she and the other friends had already tried to convince you. But, you didn’t believe them.” Lied me, I dared myself to directly look to his eyes with my brave sight. I tried to make everything sounds logic.

“Darl, st-

“Jiyeonnie isn’t a bad girl. She didn’t have an affair with Channie. She just meant to make you hate her, so that you’ll be easier to forget her after she died. But, her way was just wrong. She had entrusted her apologise to Hyomin, before she died.” Cut me quickly.

“DAR, IF YOU WANT US TO STILL THROUGH, PLEASE STOP MENTIONING THEIR NAMES! ONLY IF YOU ONE US TO STILL THROUGH!!! IF YOU DON'T, PLEASE JUST LEAVE MY APARTMENT AND I'LL CANCEL OUR WEDDING!" Shouted him this time, with forcing stress sounds from the beginning ’till the end of the sentence. Now, I heard the differences between the way he called me and the new one. The previous one he still called me “darl” which is the short form of ” darling”, now he called me “dar”, the short form of “Dara”, my own nickname without any sense of sweetness to be heard. But, I still wanted to do something for Ji. I think, she’s a good girl. From the edge of my right eye, I could see Ji’s standing beside me while folding her both hands like wishing. And, it makes me think more that only human who’s still alive who’s able to grant her wish.

“Okay, I lied about my statement a moment ago-

“Now, you dare to lie to me, Dar?” Cut him with his bitter sight.

“Yes. I lied about I know everything from Hyomin. Exactly I know all of these things directly from Jiyeon-

“PLEASE, STOP TO TALK ABOUT NONSENSE THINGS, DAR!! SHE HAS DIED!” He cut my words. Now, what? We were cutting words each other didn’t wanna listen patiently anymore?

“I’m able to see death people.” Said me obviously, finally. I saw from the edge of my eye again that Jiyeon’s enlarging her eyes and staring at me now. Now, she moved her body closer to me.

“Are you crazy??” Whispered Ji near my ear.

“Gwaenchana, Ji. Now, try to make the tissue on the table fall to convince Jiyong about your existence!” Asked me to Ji without stared at her. Now, I really look like an insane person for real.

“Hard for un-seen creature to hold or even worse make things that belong to alive people fall. But, I’ll try to.” Answered Ji. I saw her trying to hold the tissue on the table many times. Her hands through it many times instead. I bit my lower lips, worried if she can’t do my order. Then, finally about a few seconds, she succeed to make the tissue fall.

“Nah, see! She’s here.” Said me.

“Hah! That’s nonsense! The window is opened, the wind from the outside may blow inside and make the tissue fall.” Explained Jiyong with his own theory. Jiyong folded his own hands right on his chest.

Then, I saw Ji’s walking on her way to the window.

“Ji, where are you going?” I rotated my body and followed her.

“Nah, see! Now, you look like an insane person!” I ignored Jiyong’s words and kept following Ji.

The fact she was going to close the window.

BAM!!!

The window finally closed. She closed it roughly. I glad that Ji’s finally master in touching things with her own way. Then, sky suddenly became dark and rain fell like splashed from heaven. Rain came more and more. ’till there was evaporated water on window’s surface, Ji used it to write “Mianhae! :(” on window’s surface. I surprised by her very smart idea. Anyway, I didn’t know where it comes from. I directly went to Jiyong’s place and pull his hand.

“Wae??? Wae??? Wae???” Jiyong was complaining when I pulled him.

“See this!” Asked me.

” I didn’t see the process, it could be you’re the one who wrote this hangul.” Answered Jiyong still with his lack of faith.

“There’s no time, Dar. He seemed doesn’t believe me,” Said Jiyeon. “Please, allow me to borrow your body…!” Asked Jiyeon.

I stared at her.

“But, I-

My body’s trembling. I think she has been getting inside me. In fact I haven’t finished my words that I have to say that I must ask for Jiyong’s permission first.

*

{Jiyeon}

Finally I could borrow this girl body to talk to Jiyong. I must hurry.

“Hey! This is me-

Jiyong touched my cheeks softly, patted its surface. I could feel his soft hands on my cheeks, I meant on Dara’s cheeks -a girl who’s her body borrowed by me. It has been a long time, I could say many years, I didn’t feel his soft hands on my face. I closed my eyes. Enjoying it.

“Your voice changed. Are you okay?” Jiyong started to talk softly to a person who he thinks was Dara. He worried. He thinks that Dara is sick. Then, I pulled his hands from my face.

“Jiyong-ah! I’m not Dara. This is really me, Jiyeon.” Said me. I pouted.

I think he started to believe that it is me. He stepped back his feet around 1 metre from me.

“Go away from me!!!” He screamed. “Why did you come to me??”

I stepped closer to him instead. I dared myself to.

“Mianhae….” Said me. Then, I put my head down and pouted, again.

“Please, just go away from me…! Please, just don’t harass me and leave my girlfriend’s body…!” Shouted him. He asked me to talk with his right hand’s palm.

I stepped closer again instead.

“Jiyong-ah, mianhae… I don’t mean to-

Jiyong stepped back for many steps, ’till his back hit by divider between the kitchen and Jiyong’s bathroom’s wall, and fell to the floor. He breathes breathlessly. Moved his sight to the other corner of the room. And, showed of his hand’s palm, again.

“Don’t step closer…!! Don’t step closer…!!” Shouted him.

I sat on the floor, so that I could be closer to him.

“Jiyong-ah….! Listen to me for a while, please…!” But, Jiyong’s still busy to ask me to talk with his palm hand. I’m so sad. “Mianhae… I didn’t mean to make you disappointed at that time.. I didn’t either have an affair with your best friend, Chanyeol.. The only person whom I love is you. I just meant to make you hate me, so that you would easily forget me.” I just continued my speaking carelessly.

He started to put down his palm hand slowly.

“Jinjjaya?” Asked Jiyong. He started to face me with his surprise expression.

“Jinjja…” Answered me, I folded my hands like hopping and put it on my feet surface.

“What’s the proof?” Asked Jiyong. Apparently he didn’t believe me yet. He just started to be excited. Okay. Improvement. I would try to make him believe me and make all of my matters finished today before I go for… ever.

He started to stand up. So, do I.

“You can call Hyomin. She knows the actual brief story. Although I didn’t have time to ask for your apologise at that time, but I saw that my friends had tried to convince you that I didn’t do that, right? Beside that I had already entrusted my last letter before I died to Hyomin, but you ignored it and tore it up.” I head up.

“Okay. I’ll call her.” Said Jiyong, he smirked.

*

{Hyomin}

Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring!

My telephone’s ringing.

‘Nuguya?’ Thought me.

“Hello?” Said me as usual when I picked up my phone.

“Ah. Annyeong haseyo, Hyomin-ssi!” Greeted my old friend, Jiyong accrossed there.

‘Musun suriya gurae…?’ Asked me in my heart, worrying that something might be happened, so he called me.

“Ah.. Geuge….” I could hear that Jiyong’s scratching his head through telephone. “Before Jiyeon’s death did she entrust a message or tell something to you?”

“Surely. She gave me a message through a letter.” Answered me.

“Ah! That one…” Mumbled Jiyong.

“The one you’ve torn it up.” Continued me with sour face from my own home which is he can’t see from far there.

“Did you have opened or.. maybe… you know the contain of the letter..??” Asked him.

“Of course I didn’t open it. That’s impolite to open someone else’s letter. She just ever told me that she actually regret what she did. But, she decided not to ask for your apologise at all. Cause if she asked for your apologise, you won’t be willing to let her go and hold her tight, right?”

“Ah, ne- Of course…” Answered Jiyong.

“And, by the way, I had tried to convince you, too, about that. But, you just didn’t believe me. I think that was all I can do as Jiyeon’s good friend.” Said me.

*

{Jiyeon}

I heard he say, “Okay, Hyomin-ssi. Thanks for your information…” and closed the telephone. And then, sit on the sofa. He crossed his legs, he was so relax.

“Ottohke?” Asked me while kneel down in front of him and folding my hands again like hopping.

“Ottohke, mwoya??” Asked him, like there was no burden to be his responsibility.

“What Hyomin said?” Asked me.

He nodded repeatedly.

“Yes, you’re right… Hyomin said that you’re really regret that.” He said.

“So?” Asked me.

“So, what??” Asked him, again. He might be pretending that he doesn’t know what I mean.

‘Well. Just see my weapon, Kwon Jiyong!’ Thought me.

“Do you forgive me or not..?” Asked me again while showed off my puppy eyes and still folding my hands.

*

{Jiyong}

‘Oh, no! No, that sweet puppy eyes!!!’ Shouted me in my heart. ‘It became my weakness since I was her boyfriend. I fell for it. Did Ji still remember it? Or.. she’s in purpose right now??’

Then, I tried to be strong.

“Then, beg me!” Said me obviously.

She exhaled for a while. Then, while still kneel down she started to say, “Kwon Jiyong…, the most handsome man I’ve ever seen.. Pleasee, forgive me….!”

OMG! It sounded so sweet towards my ears. I enjoyed it so much.

“Okay. I forgive you.” Said me while smiling.

She smiled, too. I could see that she’s happy now. Then, I didn’t know what else is she thinking, she sat beside me, on the sofa.

‘Aigoo! This ghost…’ Mumbled me in my heart.

“Wae?? What else are you expect..?” Asked me.

“Can you give me a last kiss? A good-bye kiss. Then, I’ll go forever.. Leaving you both..” Said her while showed off her index finger, figuring out number 1.

I closed my eyes for a while. Then, say, “Okay.”

When I was going to put my face closer to her, she suddenly put her index finger on my lips.

“Wae gurae?” Asked me.

“Dara is a good girl. Please, you keep her well…” Asked Ji.

‘What is this?? My ex-girlfriend and my girlfriend support each other..?’ Asked me in my heart.

“And, for you to know, Ji.. You’re special to me.. If only I haven’t had Dara yet, I’ll survived our love.” Said me, not tend to reply her words, but just to inform her about how important she is toward my life.

I saw her cheeks color changed into reddish. But, I didn’t gave her any time to answer.

“But, now I cannot. I have a girlfriend. I’m gonna have a wedding tomorrow. So, please go! Leave my girlfriend’s body…” Said me quickly.

Then, I held her nape and kissed her softly.

*

{Dara}

I don’t know what exactly happened. My soul like went to somewhere else which I don’t know before. Suddenly I existed on Jiyong’s chest like in the position I hugged her.

“What happened??” Asked me. I rubbed my forehead. A little bit dizzy.

“She is leaving, Darling…” Said Jiyong.

I frowned.

“She?” Asked me.

He frowned instead.

“Yes, she, Jiyeonnie…” Answered him.

“Oh..” I’ve just got the point.

“I hushed her up.” Said him, again.

I pointed him.

“Then, how did you hush her up?? How came I exist on your chest..?” Asked me.

He scratched his head.

“Oh.. I just asked her to leave.. Then, your body suddenly fell to my chest, anyway. So, I hold your body.” Answered him.

“Okay. I believe in you…” Said me.

*

{Jiyong}

“Okay. Let’s just eat! The food may get colder..” Invited me.

Then, I brought her with bride style.

“Aww!” Screamed her, surprised. I could see there’s a happiness in her eyes.

‘I promise you that I’ll always take care of you well, Dara-ya… Live peacefully in heaven, Jiyeon-ssi…!’ Wished me in my heart.

Then, we -Dara and me- fed the Sour And Sweet Prawn each other. Luckily Dara said that the prawn is still delicious. She said that I’m a good cooker. We just look like a new wedding couple right now.

-  T H E   E N D  -

"Believe in your couples! Cause the key of successful in a relationship is faith." -Fransisca Steffi