Chapter 2

Divergent- A 2min story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Taemin)

 

“Taemin brother you need to get ready, it’s time for our choosing ceremony,” I felt someone poke my cheek and I flick it away. “Taemin you know we have to go.” I opened my eyes annoyed to see my brother trying to wake me up, well he knows I hate getting out of bed. 

 

“Five more minutes,” I moaned covering myself under the covers.

 

“You only have five minutes until we leave so see you later,” my brother Jinki leaves and I quickly shoot from my bed and get changed and brush my hair to look presentable. Okay Taemin you can do this, I know you can. Running out of my room my mother, my brother and my cousin Sunny start walking out and towards the arena where they would have our futures chosen for us. 

 

“Taemin you ready?” I jumped up but looked behind me to see Kai smiling and looked excited. 

 

“Yes I am but am nervous,” I admitted shamefully, I don’t want my decision to affect my family in anyway. They want me to stay in amity but I actually don’t think I can do that. 

 

(Arena)

 

We walked inside and I see five different sections. Every section is for different factions. The place was full with families and their children about to be initiated like myself. I observe Dauntless the group I was inspired when I was a little boy and stared in awe. They are still so awesome all these years. 

 

“Taemin darling good luck,” my mother hugged me and kissed my forehead with a tear in her eye. I hugged back and smiled while doing so. “You too Jinki, and Sunny as well, tell your father and mother to find me if you see them, bye now,” she waved bye for the last time and we walked to our spots. I was in the middle between Sunny and Jinki. My mother and my uncle and auntie (Sunny’s parents) were in the area where the parents were to sit. 

 

“Welcome everyone to the choosing ceremony! The day we honour the democratic philosophy of our ancestors, which tell us we can choose our future in this world! Our dependants are now 16 and some are in their early 20’s but it doesn’t matter, and it’s up to them to choose their future today. Now I am going to call name by name and you’ll come to the front and cut yourself enough to drop a single drop of blood in any of the five baskets with the faction’s names on them all. Once done then you’ll join your new family. Any questions? No? Ok now first of all is Jung Jessica come on up.”

 

I look to my left to see a candor faction early adult stand up and walked to the front. She looked pretty and small but I heard she is lethal and you don’t want to mess with her, she has a mouth on her I heard. she grabs the knife and cuts her hand and drops her blood into the dauntless basket. Oh . Dauntless faction cheered and allowed her to join the group of her new family, her parent looked shocked and looked down sadly. Would my mother think like that?

 

“Next is Lee Sunny!” my cousin gets up from my left and walks down and grabs the knife cutting her hand. She looks to the baskets and then raised her arm over the amity basket and the blood landed inside. The amity group cheered to have their amity defendant back, I am glad she chose that.

 

“Now Liu Amber!” this Amber girl stands walking fast down the stairs and quickly to the knife cutting her hand and straight into dauntless. Again cheers came to the group. “Okay now a Lee Jinki come to the front!” my brother looked towards me with a worried look and an unsure look as well, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter