What's Your Sign? 1

What's Your Sign?

Baekhyun’s POV

 

I could feel the eyes on my back. Whoever it was had been staring for almost ten minutes and I’m mostly sure that it isn’t because they’re craving my same caramel frappuccino so I toss them a bone and turn to meet the strangers stare.

 

Like he had been waiting for it, a smile spreads across his face and he’s already standing like he wasn’t watching me for too long. When he leaves his seat I watch with a little more interest. He was huge, even from across the coffee shop I could see that. He stands in front of me with the same grin with one hand grazing the back of the empty chair at my table.

 

“Is this seat taken.” I blink up at him, sipping again at my drink and averting my eyes while my cheeks get maybe a tiny bit pink. He sits none the less and leans across the table. “Are you a student?” He is polite but I just nod, only glancing at him again while clearing my throat. “I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I saw you when you came in and, well, I may sound fresh but you too my breath away.” I fidget in my seat, fighting the temptation to leave before the he tells me something that breaks my dilution of the handsome boy. “I’m Park Chanyeol.” That wide smile is on his face again and I almost cringe at the brightness in his crescent eyes, even the pimple on cheek looks strategic, like he knew his perfection would intimidate all the rest of us.

 

“Byun Baekhyun.” I'm polite, perhaps overly calm but his smile doesn’t fall.

 

“What a perfect name.” I can’t help but choke on my caffeine at his flattery, tapping a napkin at any that might have escaped at his bold claim.

 

“Right.” I mumble quietly, quirking my eyebrow at his behavior. “So Chanyeol-“ I pause taking another sip of my Starbucks. “What’s your sign?” I hum pleasantly and his brow furrows.

 

“I’m sorry?” He wonders and I laugh quietly at his reaction.

 

“What’s your sign?” I repeat playfully, trying to show that I’m obviously interested. “I’m a Taurus.” I offer him a hint and understanding crosses his face with a small nod.

 

“Right, I’m a Sagittarius, I think.” He honestly doesn’t sound completely sure of himself but my expression still scrunches in distaste and I move to stand, surprising the taller boy. “Where are you going?” He worries and I huff in annoyance for wasting my time on good looking s.

 

It’s not exactly that Sagittarius were bad people. Their qualities just tend to bother people like me. He’s the obnoxious, flirtatious, overly optimistic, unattached type that tends to break flamboyant, selfish, jealous, boy's, like myself, hearts.

 

“I can find somewhere to be.” I grumble but his huge hand catches my sleeve and I stop.

 

“Wait, can I take you to lunch or something? We can exchange phone numbers?” He is puzzled and it makes me want to laugh but I don’t.

 

“I’m not interested.” I tap my foot impatiently.

 

“You sure looked interested, making googly eyes at me half a minute ago.” He argues and I pull at my sleeve.

 

“I don’t like Sagittarius.” I confess and he is completely dumbfounded by my explanation.

 

“I-“ He stops. “I can’t tell if you’re being serious or you just don’t want to tell me I have toilet paper hanging off my shoe.” He looks down to check sarcastically and I tug at my sleeve again. "I don't even know if that's really my sign. I'm the nice one! The one that's generous and will buy you meat and caramel frappiccinos." He smiles cheesily and I sneer making him try once more. “Please.” He is serious again. “You don’t even know me. Maybe I’m different?” He is charming and I laugh lightly.

 

“You’re all the same. Heart breakers, too much time on your hands and too many girls on your arm. I might not mind your ostentatious behavior if it wasn’t for your wavering heart. I’m sorry Park Chanyeol, it wouldn’t work out.”

 

Sorry this took a while to post. Forgive mama?? I hope you like this tiny little chapter. I should be able to write all day Saturday so we’ll see what happens then but for now this is all I can give you bebes. Take care, I’ll see you soon!