What's Your Sign? 2

What's Your Sign?

Baekhyun's POV

I never thought I'd see him again. I had been very clear about my intensions and reasoning behind it, it would just be rude for him to ignore that. However Sagittarius are known for their determination, so it wasn't the biggest surprise in the world when he turned up at the coffee shop every day since then. Always sure to pay for my caramel frappacchino, one way or another. At first he would buy it in advance and offer me a half melted mess that even he looked embarrassed to offer. He figured out my routine quickly though and every morning he'd be sitting there, a still cold drink beside him and an awkward but welcoming smile to greet me.

 

"Go out with me?" He would always ask. Every day but only once, being sure not to annoy me past his daily allowance, which is half used up by the free coffee, dumb jokes and the way he stood every time I arrived to pull out my seat with the same hopeful expression. It may sound charming, of course it does, his sign would suggest such things but it only caused me trouble. A Taurus being pursued by a lively Sagittarius really isn't ideal, which is why it took me a few weeks to agree to sit with him. Still the guy is spending 5000 won a day on me, just hoping I'll let him enjoy my company. I'm not heartless...or blind. Park Chanyeol is a total babe and not a complete nightmare as long as I kept my distance.

 

"You know what my answer is Chanyeol. Why are you putting yourself through this? Wasting money, time, attention on little 'ol me." I lean into my palm with a pout.

 

"Because you are way too beautiful to let slip through my fingers." He grins back, reaching out as if to touch me but I pull away.

 

"Sagittarius, always about the looks." I scoff.

 

"You know, after so many dates I thought you would've gotten past that." He chuckles watching my choke on my sweet coffee.

 

"Dates?" I squeak and he smile, taking a napkin in his hand and dabbing at the corner of my lips. I snatch the dirtied napkin out of his hands, still frowning.

 

"These are not dates! You stalk me." I argue and Chanyeol's grin falters.

 

"Of course they're dates. I pay for your drink and pull out your chair. I even make you laugh when you're in a good mood." He insist and my mouth is hanging open.

 

"I never agreed to any of that! You harassed me until I settled to spending half an hour a day with you." I whine making him chuckle teasingly. "If these are dates why do you ask me out every morning?" I frown, pushing my free drink away on principle.

 

"I'm not asking you on dates every morning. I'm asking to be your boyfriend." He leans into the table, nudging the cup back toward me. I let my jaw is still slack and Chanyeol smiles adoringly making my brow furrow in frustration.

 

"That's enough. No more 'dates', no more tricks, I won't be made a fool of Park Chanyeol." I try to sound angry but I'm embarrassed, then Chanyeol stands reaching across the cafe table to catch my sleeve and stares back at me.

 

"We can take things slow. I won't make you kiss me or even hold my hand. I just like being around you. I like making you smile and laugh and buying you things. I just want to be a part of your life." He pleas and I look back at him in wonder. "Can we be friends?" He tries and I sigh at his insistence.

 

"We wouldn't make good friends either." I grumble.

 

"According to the stars?" He shouts surprising me at his loss of temper. Sagittarius are well mannered. "All this ing superstition is keeping you away from me and I hate it." He huffs, dropping back into his seat. "Can you forget it, just this once?" He stares up at me and I struggle with an answer.

 

"Chanyeol, you won't like me." I press my luck and reach out to pat his shoulder. He leans into my touch and I'm now caressing his neck too intimately but he looks like a puppy or a well behaved child basking in his guardian’s attention so I leave my hand there. "You'll get tired of me. I'm selfish and I nag endlessly. I'm loud and needy; I'll suffocate you." His fingers dance over my hip and I fight pulling away. When his hand finally lands on me I flinch but his thumb rubs into my waist and I leave him be. 

 

"I love attention." He mumbles looking up at me for a few seconds and it makes a shiver run up my spine. "I want to be the center of your world." He laughs to himself. "I sound crazy but you're so tempting Baekhyun. The way you hide your laugh whenever I tell some stupid joke. The way you look at me like you're fighting your own feelings. The way you turn pink when I tell you how beautiful you are. It's all so alluring. I know you aren't perfect Baekhyun, I do. I'm not either but I really want to try to be something to you."

 

"Chanyeol-" I mumble feeling his fingers tangle into my shirt and his nails dig into my skin.

 

"How long have I been chasing you that I'm not even worth a chance?" It's true he had been wooing me for over 2 months, never missing a day. If he was late he'd beg my forgiveness, as if I had been waiting for him and buy me a pastry instead of my usual beverage. Now that I think about it, he had been almost painfully obvious that he saw our meetings as dates. Every day was a new chance to convince me he'd be the perfect boyfriend but I can't dismiss my beliefs completely. I've lived by these rules; they've brought me nothing but good luck, good friends, and good romance.

 

"I wish you were a Cancer."

 

"Why, cause then you'd like me? Then I'd be worth your time of day?" He looks up at me again. Big eyes pleading with me.

 

"Chanyeol-" This time he stops me.

 

"Forget it!" He stands suddenly, pushing me back. "I'm done being your play thing. I'm done pining after you. I can't be the only one trying." He forces himself to take another step back when I shake my head in correction. Why didn't I want him to leave? Why didn't I want to be done with him? He'd grown a place in my heart like a weed in a perfectly kempt garden. Why me? Why did he have to come ruin my ideals with his perfect face and great body? He's charming, smart, witty, and funny but I couldn't have him; I shouldn't.

 

"I'm sorry." I whisper honestly regretful for having dragged him into this. I hurt him without trying. 'Stupid selfish Taurus.' I chastise myself.

 

"Forget it. It was my fault anyway." He runs his long fingers through his hair. "You were very clear you had no intentions of letting me in. I hope the stars find you your prince Baekhyun. I'm sorry it couldn't be me."

 

 

 

 

 

Finally!!!! Geez this took me too long lol I'm so tired babies. I'm sorry I haven't written authors notes lately, if you miss them comment me and I'll be sure to bring them back. I'm just so tired urg! But I like this update...do you? lol I hope so. woop woop. Take care guys. I'll see you soon! PS.Bye LUHANIE we luv you and we know you love us. :']