Chapter 4

Live My Life

CHAPTER 4

Youngmin jolted up from his bed as he heard a fainted whisper. His dream felt so real, and for a second he almost believe that it was real. He shivers as an image of a boy comes to his mind.

He ran to his desk, and frantically search until he found something that he been looking for. Family portrait. He had been wandering for so long, why did his family portrait, the old family portrait, when he’s six, had three boys. One was him. One was Minwoo. And the other one looks exactly like him, but he had bigger grin.

Youngmin felt his head is spinning around as he try to remember.           

                ***  

“Kwangminnie!”

“Ye, hyeong?”

“Let’s go play there!” The older boy points to the playground across the street.

“But we must wait, Youngminnie. Eomma said we couldn’t across the street alone.” The younger boy, who had exactly the same face as the older, said vaguely.

“You won’t be alone! I’ll be crossing the street with you!” Before the younger could reacts, the older pull his hand and run to the street.

As they run, a truck come. But, the boys, didn’t see anything, keeps running until they finally stops. Because the truck hit them.

                ***

“Jo Youngmin! What makes you so long?!” His mother stopped on Youngmin’s bedroom’s doorstep as she sees Youngmin lying on the floor, photos spread all over him.

And he is crying. Everything comes to him, as clear as crystal, and it became too much to handle.

Eomma.” He said between sobs. “Tell me. I.. I.. I once had a brother, right?”

His mother sighs as she hugged him. “The grave.. You always asked why we always visit that grave on your birthday. It is because.. It’s your twin birthday as well. You visited him every year, although you didn’t know who you visit.”

Youngmin’s cry become harder. His mother’s eyes also started to watery. “When.. When you both being bumped by the truck, Kwangmin’s got stuck under the truck. You were bumped and flew, that’s why you’re alive. But the doctors said you lost 80 percent of your memories. We need to taught you everything again. You didn’t even recognize Minwoo and us at first.”

 “I’m a murderer, aren’t I?”

His mother forced a laugh, although it seems pathetic. “No, Jo Youngmin. You’re just too little when it all happens. Don’t blame yourself for everything.  I am the one to blame for leaving you two. Come on. Breakfast is ready.” His mother patted his head as she go to the door.

Youngmin calm himself for a moment, then take a look at himself on the mirror. As he’s doing that, words start to form.

YOU ARE NOT A MURDERER, JO YOUNGMIN.

 BUT, IS IT TRUE?’

                ***

a/n : How is it? Exam is near, must study TT___TT My uncle’s wedding is also around the corner, and I’ll be part of it~~TT__TT But that’s not an excuse, so…. DOUBLE UPDATE!! XD Hope u like it!!~~