What's Wrong With Me?

Promise

 

Bom’s POV:

I ran into one of the training rooms and pulled myself into a corner. I’m 21 already. What was Sajangnim waiting for? Was this all just a joke? See how much we can fool stupid Bom and then crush all her dreams?! I was so stupid for coming here. Mom was right. I don’t have what it takes to be a performer. Everytime I think I’m going to finally debut, I just get shot down again. Why is it always like this? And then with Ji and Tabi asking me to do a song with them… I thought it was finally happening. Is there something wrong with me?

 

Ji’s POV:

I walked down the hallway, peeking in every room in the direction that Bom had gone. I saw tears when she ran past me and I was determined to find out why. If it was Sajangnim, I swear—I saw Bom curled up into a corner of a room at the end of the hall. I could hear faint sniffles and wimpers that I knew were coming from her. Pain shot immediately into my heart hearing such a beautiful voice making such sad sounds.

 

“Noona… Please don’t cry.” I so desperately wanted to take the pain she was feeling away from her and endure it if only it would make her smile again.

“Don’t worry Ji, I’m fine” She quickly wiped her tears and looked up at me with a wobbling smile and tear filled eyes. “I’m fine Ji, really”

“Noona, we both know you’re lying.” She sniffed and sighed.

“Ji, I want you to tell me the honest to God truth. Can you do that?”

“Sure, Noona” I would do anything at that point if it would make her happy.

“Is there something wrong with me?” With that question, I’m sure I felt my heart break. How could she even think there was something wrong with her? I had felt it for a while now but I knew that there was no use in hiding the fact that I had fallen in love with Bommie and would always love her. In my eyes she was perfect and it killed me to see that she couldn’t see it too.

“Noona, you’re perfect. Don’t ever think that your not and if anyone says that your not then—“

“Then what Ji? What, are you going to go and yell at sajangnim, is that what your gonna do? Why won’t he let me debut? There must be something wrong with me? Why else?”

This wasn’t the confident funny noona that I knew. This was a vulnerable girl feeling like she wasn’t worth the attention of one man and killing herself for it. I swore in that training room that I would do whatever it took to protect this woman in front of me until I died.

 

Bom’s POV:

I looked up into the mirror and tried to take deep breaths and regain control of my emotions. I had lost it back there with Ji. I knew he was still waiting for me outside of the bathroom. I would put on a smile and be happy. Looking at my smile though, I could even see myself that I was anything but happy.

“Noona, are you in there. Hurry up.”

Hearing Ji, I quickly got my bag and sighed one last time before leaving the safety of the bathroom.

“Let’s go Ji, I have to go see Hwangssabu later. Blah. I don’t wanna goooo”

“Noona? Are you sure you’re okay.”

“Of course. Why wouldn’t I be? Now I just need to avoid Hwangssabu until after dinner time. You’ll help me right Ji?”

“Um, sure Noona I’ll help you”

I’m sorry Ji, but I’ll have to hide the truth from you for now. Why I so desperately need to debut. I don’t want you to ever be sad. Always smile and be happy okay?