I only see you.

A tout Jamais
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]I only see you.[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]“You are the first guy I kissed.” It was a few day before New Year. We headed to a deserted beach, walking on the cold sand, admiring the waves.

 

“I know.”

 

“How did you know?” She innocently asked. “It was bad?”

 

“It was great.” I assured her, taking her hand in mine.

 

She turned to the ocean, once again lost in her thoughts, a thing that occurred a lot those times. “Are you okay Ara?”

 

 “Have you ever been in love?” She changed the subject. “You mean before today?” I played it cool, passing a hand through my hair and giving her a Hyun Bin look.

 

It was Jae Hyun who taught me that move, in case a girl would ask that question. He knew better when it came to girls.

 

“I’m serious.” She sighed looking right through me. She must watch dramas too!

 

Ara had a knack on playing me. I wasn’t sure if I liked this side of our relation, but I have to admit that made me out of breath. Disconcerted, it took me some time to answer her.

 

“Well, yes.” I finally admitted.

 

I watched the wind playing with her hair, and I knew that it wasn’t a time to play it like a lead actor.

 

“We know it’s love when we can’t live on without that person, and we know he feels the same.” I was dead serious … and proud. “I see.”

 

regretting everyday
I only see a person that isn’t me
keep hiding my feelings
like a fool with words that I don’t even mean

 

She just said when I was waiting for … anyway, it’s typically Ara. I figured the second truth of the day: Ara had no experiment with guys, but honestly, she twisted me round her little finger. The next two days, she tied her hair again!

 

***

 

For New Year’s Eve, I took Ara to a fancy Chinese restaurant. The idea came from my mother when I confessed to her two days ago when Ara appeared with her eternal bun.

 

“I can’t stop thinking about her mum, I know she likes me, but I ignore if she shares the same feelings with me.” I explained frustrated. “Well! What have you tried till now?”

 

“What do you mean?” She smiled to me. “Oh, son! Every girl wants to feel more special than any other girl, even Ara.”

 

I gave what she said a thought, what I’ve been doing isn’t it?

 

“I visit her every day.” My mother put her hand on my knee, she wasn’t the perfect housewife, nor the perfect mother, but she was an amazing one.

 

“It’s nice paying her visit, but it’s far from being romantic. You need to offer her something that makes her realize how special she is to you.”

 

She suggested offering her a perfume, but her father doesn’t allow her to wear make-up. I thought something like perfume must also be prohibited. So my mother advised me to invite her to dinner.

 

“It’s just … I have no money left.” I sighed and faked a sad face.

 

Though my family is a rich one, but once my pocket money is over, I had to manage myself. “In order for you to become more responsible” they say.

 

“What about the money you saved in the bank?” I sighed again and told her everything. She didn’t say a word till I finished, but her face show satisfaction. The way she looked at me showed pride.

 

“Don’t worry about that; just make sure director Cha gives you permission to take her.”

 

The next morning, I run to school. Though we were in winter vacation, scarecrow still worked.

 

Would happiness ever come to us?
Some day I see your pains that you’ve been hiding
my heart aches

 

I knocked on his door, and he let me in, losing interest the minute he realized it was me. He was lost in the line of papers waiting on his desk. He glared at me and shook his head.

 

“Good morning Mr. Cha, may I come in?”

 

He looked more tired than usual, his face showed worries and pain. He gestured me to sit in front of him.

 

“Good morning Lee Seung Gi.” I wore a suit worthy of the occasion.

 

“What can I do for you?” I sighed slightly and gathered courage.

 

“Well, sir, I ‘m here to ask your permission to take Ara to a restaurant the New Year’s Eve.”

 

“That’s all?” He focused on the paper again.

 

“Yes sir. I promise you to bring her home the hour you desire.” I added, trying to look more responsible.

 

“Your parents will be there?” He shot another question.

 

“N-no sir.” I stuttered.

 

“I’m afraid I can’t allow you to.” He looked at his papers signaling me the end of our conversation. I stood up heading to the door deceived. I was about to close the door when I went in instead.

 

“Sir?” He lifted his head, surprised I was still there. “I apologize for the deeds I’ve done as a kid. I also apologize for the times I didn’t treat Ara well. But I promise you that won’t happen again.”

 

He just stared at me; I knew he wasn’t satisfied yet. “I love her.” I confessed.

 

“I know, that’s why I’m worried about her, I don’t want to see her suffer.” I swear I saw tears filling his eyes.

 

“I would never hurt her.” He avoided my gaze and turned to the window. “You have to bring her home at ten.”

 

He accepted despite his obvious dissatisfaction. I just smiled not daring thanking him. I was on my way out when I send him another look. His face was hidden in his hands, frozen in his place. That left me puzzled.

 

you don’t know what kind of person you are to me,
how much you mean to me,
how my days are
since from some day, within all the crowd,
I can only see you

 

One hour after, I invited Ara. She was surprised when I told her I already asked for her father’s permission. She never looked at me the same ever since, I was grown up then.

 

I didn’t dare telling her about her father earlier. I was unaware of anything that might have happened, also didn’t want to make her worry for nothing.

 

I was at her door exactly on time. Without a remark from me, she let her hair down. All the way to the restaurant was silent and comfortable.

 

We took our sit in that restaurant. It was indeed a fancy one. I looked around to only find adults. We were probably the only teenagers there.

 

My mother was right, Ara was happy.

 

“This play is great Seung Gi. Thank you for inviting me.” She expressed with a sincere smile. “I’m glad you like it.”

 

We were sitting in a private room, with a candle lighted table that was full with Chinese delight. Everything was perfect.

 

“This is amazing.” She said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter