Second

A moment to Remember

 

A/N : just a short update because I got a heavy flu right now T.T

 

 

Woohyun POV

A week has passed like hell. Sungyeol is still coma. I don't know what should I do. This is the very first time in my 30 years of life, a confident person like me felt hopeless. I used to get what I want no matter how hard it was. I will put my effort on it. That's why Sungyeol could fall for me. 

 

Flashback 

"Hi, may I sit here?" Woohyun said to a tall man in the cafetaria. The tall man glances up, furrows his brows. "Do I know you?"

Woohyun chuckles. "Do we need to know each other first to let me sit here? Alright, Nam Woohyun, from Economic major." Woohyun held out his hand toward the tall man. But instead reaches his hand, the tall man only gave him a weird look and gets up from his seat.

"What a cool guy." Woohyun smiled to himself as he took a seat. But something caught his eyes. A student card on the table. Woohyun took the ID card.

"Lee Sungyeol, graphic design major." Woohyun reads it. "Asaa, looks like destiny had set it for us, Lee Sungyeol."

The next day, Woohyun goes to Sungyeol's class to find him. After asking some students, Woohyun finally found him in the schoolyard, sitting under the tree. Woohyun widely smiles, walking towards him.

"Hi." Woohyun said.

Sungyeol who was drawing looks up. "You. What are you doing here?"

"Aigoo, don't need to be cold like that. I came here to give you this." Woohyun said, showing him something.

"Oh, my student card. Where did you find it? I've been looking for it everywhere."

"You forgot it on the cafe when we met. Remember."

"Ah... I see. Thank you." Sungyeol smiles to him.

"You're welcome. So it's mean we're friend now?"

Sungyeol narrows his eyes. "We're just met twice, how could you call me friend that easy?"

"It's simple. First, because I have a good feeling that we could be friends. Second, because I like you." Woohyun said confidently. 

Sungyeol laughed out loud. "Weirdo. You even didn't know me at all."

"That's why I want to start to know you. Everything always has beginning, Yeol."

"Hey, don't Yeol me that familiar."

"Or, should I call you princess instead?" Woohyun said in teasing voice.

"Aish, don't insult me." Sungyeol glares at him.

"No, I'm praising you. You are really beautiful and adorable, Yeol."

"Greasy weirdo."

"That's my middle name."

"Okay, okay stop it. You're so annoying." Sungyeol frowns.

"I will stop being annoying if we become friend." Woohyun grins at him in childlike manner.

'What's with this guy? Why is he approaching me? But... He didn't look like a bad guy.' Sungyeol scanned on Woohyun who was still grinning like a fool.

Sungyeol then held out his hand hesitantly. "I'm Lee Sungyeol

 You're Nam...."

"Nam Woohyun. We're friends now, Yeol."

End of Flashback

 

I chuckles at the memories about our first meeting. Since that day, I always follow him whenever he goes. I had fell for him since the first time I laid my eyes on him. He is too adorable and I can't help but fall in love with him day by day. He often called me weirdo and cheesy but less he knew, I meant every word that I said. I always fear to lose him. My addiction to him is no cure. Sometimes, I feel there's some part of him I was never able reached. But I always remind myself that by the time I would make him mine completely. Time, that was I told myself whenever I felt that kind of feeling. But now, I know the true reason behind it all. That part would never be mine because it's belong to him, his first love. Damn, why's my heart hurt? This is the truth that I had to face no matter what. And I will accept it, Yeol. I will show you that I will put everything for you, even my own feeling. As long as you're happy, Yeol. 

I open the diary again. Though it's hard to read all his feeling about his first love but I want to know more. I want to know every part of Sungyeol. No. I was lying. The true reason is I want to know how big his feeling towards me. I know I would never could compare his first love but I really wanna know how he think about me. I flip the book page by page. I skip some part. Sorry, Yeol. I'm not in my mood to read about you and him for now. Let me being selfish just for now. I only want to read about us. 

 

Nam Woohyun. That name lately filling my day. A cheesy greasy man who always following me wherever I go. His presence was so annoying at first but it doesn't mean that I don't like him. He didn't look like a bad guy though. He's good looking, he's nice, he is caring. The man who the girls crazy for. But in the end he chose me. The one who doesn't deserve to be his lover. Woohyun was so different with him. No, I can't. I can't compare my Woohyun with him or anyone. Woohyun is too perfect to be compared with anyone else. Being with Woohyun gives me happiness. And that's all I need now. That's enough. That's all I need to remind myself. 

 

I took Sungyeol's delicate hand and kiss it. I miss his scent so much. Miss him embracing me. Miss him scolding me whenever I forgot to eat my meal. I don't care how he felt about me as long as he was beside me. Let me love him selfishly. Am I wrong if I have that kind of feeling, Yeol? Am I wrong if I want you to only look at me? Tell me, Yeol. Am I wrong? I'm scare, Yeol. I'm scare.

 

Sunggyu POV

I've contacted all of our high school friends but none of them know where is Myungsoo. After graduation, Myungsoo was suddenly gone and cut off the contact with his friends. No one know where is he. He never showed up in any reunion party. I've almost desperate. But I can't give up. There's no way I could give up. In one hand, there's my friend that I love so much lying helplessly without know whether he could survive or not. In the other hand, there's him. Nam Woohyun, my friend's lover. No. May I called him my crush? Yeah, I've been in love with him since college. But seems the cupid like Sungyeol more than me. That's why he shot his arrow on them. It's not like I don't feel happy for them. I do, I sincerely do feel happy for them. Their happiness are also my happiness. But I have to admit that I feel a bit, just a bit jealous. Sometimes I envy Sungyeol. He got a good family who always support him. Even when he told them that he was gay. Sungyeol is really kind-hearted cute adorable person. That's why everyone easy to love him. I love too. He is the very best friend that I ever know. And I will do anything for him. I will put everything for him, even my own feeling. I know Woohyun is the best for him. No one could love him as big as Woohyun. No one could do as best as Woohyun do for him. No one. Not even Myungsoo. Che! That jerk. Talking about him makes me angry. He had hurt Sungyeol so bad. He ruins my friend's feeling without fight for him. And he even dated a girl. He gave Sungyeol a fake promise then throw him away like a garbage. 

 

Flashback 

"He cheated on me, Gyu. How dare him hurt me like this." Sungyeol sniffed, wipping his tears.

"You can't say he cheated on you, Yeol. You two didn't date at all."

"But I know he loves me. I can feel it."

"Yeol, listen. If he loves you, he would confess to you. If he loves you, he wouldn't go out with that girl and ignoring you."

"But... But that day he almost kissed me, Gyu. Almost." Sungyeol burried his face on his pillow.

"Yeol, stop being delusional. Wake up from your dream, Yeol. You better focus on the final exam." Sunggyu said annoyingly.

"I still sure he loves me. That girl maybe just his friend or relative." Sungyeol stated, hugging his pillow.

Sunggyu palmed his forehead. "Oh, gosh. Love really makes you blind, Yeol."

"I don't care. As long as that man is Kim Myungsoo." Sungyeol grinned cutely.

End of Flashback

 

I never thought Kim Myungsoo would give Sungyeol a huge impact until now. I thought Myungsoo was only Sungyeol's first love. I thought Myungsoo was only his high school crush. But I never thought even Woohyun couldn't replace Myungsoo in his heart. I don't quite understand what is love actually. All I know now is to bring Sungyeol his first love. And now I was racing with time. Yeol, please hang in there. At least until I find him, your first love.

 

 

"Your picture is always wonderful, Myungsoo-kun. I'm so satisfied." a lady who look around fourty with long wavy hair commented. From her appearance, looks like she has good reputation.

"Thank you so much, Kanako-san. And I'm so glad that you want to become my permanent customer."

"That's because you have a good taste and talented in painting, Myungsoo-kun. Why do you like to paint this kind of picture?"

"Actually I like to paint something close-up because of someone. Since I met that person, I like to paint something close-up because they lead us to see something that we can't see if we look widely."

"Looks like this person was so special for you, Myungsoo-kun."

Myungsoo smiles. "You can say like that."

Suddenly their conversation was interrupted by a loud cries.

"I'm sorry, my baby is crying." Myungsoo got up from his seat. He walks to the baby box at the corner. A baby boy around two years old laid in the box, crying loudly.

"Aigooo, my baby Ken-chan. Why are you crying? Come to daddy." Myungsoo cooed as lifted the baby up. The baby looks at Myungsoo, his cries died down a bit.

"Daddy is going to make you milk, okay?"

The baby put his thumb on his mouth, staring at Myungsoo with his big round eyes. Myungsoo chuckles at his cuteness.

"You must be love him so much, Myungsoo-kun." the lady smiles at him.

"With all my heart." Myungsoo smiles widely, glancing at the baby.

 

 

nuneul gameumyeon nunmureul humchineun

geudae dwitmoseup bomyeo barame heutnalligo

gaseumi jeomyeo wa mogi meeo ogo

jeo meolli geudaereul baraman boneun

haneobsi jagajineun nae mam

 

A loud ring wakes Woohyun up from his sleep. He sleepily grabs the cellphone above him. Without looking at the caller, he picked up the phone.

"Yeobseyo." his voice was cracked from the sleepiness.

"Sorry for disturbing you this early, Hyun. But I have something to tell you."

"Gyu, What's wrong? Is something happen to Yeol?" Woohyun opens his eyes widely.

"No, no, it's not about Yeol. It's about Kim Myungsoo." Sunggyu said across the line.

"Kim Myungsoo?" Woohyun asked, getting up from his lying position.

"Yes, I finally could get information about him. One of my friend is Myungsoo's cousin's friend. She told me that Myungsoo was in Osaka, Japan. He had a gallery there. After his parents died, he decided to stay there."

"Really? Did she tell you his full adress?" 

"Yes, I will text you the full address, Hyun."

"Thanks, Gyu. I'm going to Osaka tonight." Woohyun decided.

"Are you sure, Hyun? How if he refuse to see Yeol?"

"I will do my best, Gyu. This is for Yeol and I will do everything for him. Please take care of Yeol while I was gone. Okay?"

"Okay, Wish you luck, Hyun. I will always inform you about Yeol's condition."

"Thanks so much, Gyu. I don't know what would I do without your help."

"That's friend's up for, Hyun."

Woohyun smiles, hung up the phone.

'Yeol, I will take him to you. I will do everything to ask him to come. Even begging on my knees. Please wait for us, Yeol.'