Part 3

The Promise

 

So, here's the last part... Oh! I want to throw a special thanks to one of ma friends for helping me with part of this chapter! She told me to not say her name so :X  ehehe I will just be going then so byeeee and stuff...


 

“Taetae, it's time to wake up.” A voice said shaking Taeyeon from her sleep. The woman sat up in her bed, looking around the room, before stretching her arms a bit.

“Baekhyun, is that you?” She asked into the silence of the room. After not receiving an answer, the woman stood up from her bed and slowly walked over to the window to look outside. Noticing the rainy weather, she frowned.

“I hope I still get to go see Pany before my surgery.” She quietly said to herself.

“You will.” A voice whispered into Taeyeon’s ear scaring the woman. Trying to walk as quickly as she could towards the door, Taeyeon opened it to find Baekhyun reaching for the door knob.

“Oh, what are you doing out of bed?” He asked staring down at the woman.

“Were you in here earlier talking to me while I was asleep?” Taeyeon asked disregarding Baekhyun’s question.

“No? Why would I be? Are you feeling alright?” He asked walking inside the room to set the woman’s medications down on the small table next to her bed before turning to walk the woman back to her bed.

“I-I’m fine. C-can we go see Pany now?” The woman asked sitting on her bed while trying to catch her breath.

“Sorry Tae, I’m not taking you in the rain. You can’t afford to get sick right before your surgery.” He said sitting next to the woman.

“B-but you promised I would get to go see her!” The woman said punching him in the arm with all the strength she had left.

“Sorry Tae, but your heart transplant is a bit more important. You’re getting to where you can’t even walk properly. I don’t even know how we would get you there in a wheelchair.” He said before handing the woman a small pill and cup of water.

“Nothing is more important than her.” She replied glaring at the man before placing the small pill on her tongue and swallowing it.






 

2 Hours later.


 

“Alright miss Kim, I’d like for you to count backwards from 100 and relax.” The anesthesiologist said placing a mask over the womans face. Taeyeon sighed thinking to herself, “Counting backwards won’t put me to sleep.” As the thought crossed her mind a sharp pain followed. “Okay fine. I’ll do it.” She thought before taking a deep breath and closing her eyes.


 

 

“100...99…. 98... See not even thinking about being sleepy.” The woman said in her mind.

“Baby, stop being stubborn and count.” A voice said causing the woman's eyes to shoot open.

“No, it was nothing. Okay where was I…” The woman continued to count in her mind closing her eyes once more.  

“76… 75… 7-” Taeyeon’s thoughts stopped after hearing a familiar voice.

“Taetae?” The woman tried to open her eyes to find the source of the voice but failed.

“72…. 71…” She tried to continue only to be interrupted again.

“Baby, you forgot 73. Did you forget how to count?” The voice said followed by a chuckle.

“Pany, I can’t count because you keep interrupting me.” Taeyeon argued back not realizing who she was talking to.

“Sorry, continue.” Tiffany said with another light chuckle.

“70...Wait PANY!?” The woman's eyes shot open as she quickly sat up. Looking around her surroundings she noticed she was in her room back in her and Tiffany’s shared apartment. Her eyes scanned the room and landed on the woman standing in the doorway who was smiling at her. Tears began to fill the woman's eyes before she laid back down in the bed.

“Now that’s no way to greet me!” The woman said walking towards the bed and sitting next to the older woman.

“What’s the point in getting excited when this is all another dream? I don’t want to wake up again and none of this be real.” Taeyeon replied rolling on her side facing away from the younger woman.

“Baby, you’re not dreaming.” Tiffany said rubbing the smaller womans back.

“Don’t tell me that Tippany. I’m having heart surgery right now. I know I fell asleep and am dreaming about you again!” The woman said as her tears began to pour out.

“Kim Taeyeon, look at me.” The younger woman said nudging the other woman. The older woman turned around with tears still streaming out of her eyes.

“Tae, this is real. You’re not dreaming.” The taller woman said wiping the tears from the older womans face face.

“The only way this would be real is if I died. And even if I did die, I would be in heaven with you. Not in our apartment.”  The woman said holding the hand that was wiping her tears away. Tiffany smiled down at the woman.

“This is heaven, Taetae. They are having some issues with your heart transplant right now so we finally get to see each other.” The woman said laying down next to the older woman. Taeyeon looked up into the younger woman’s eyes before jumping forward to wrap the woman in a bone crushing hug. Tiffany smiled and wrapped her arms around the older womans waist.

“I’ve missed y-you so much P-pany.” The older woman said between her sobs.

“I missed you too, baby. So, so much.” The younger woman replied kissing the top of Taeyeon’s head. The older woman looked up and leaned forward to seal their lips together.

“D-don’t ever leave me again.” Taeyeon said pulling back from the kiss before placing her hand on the younger woman’s cheek.

“Never in a million years.” Tiffany replied giving the older woman a bright smile. The older woman smiled and nuzzled her head into the taller woman neck.

“You’re stubborn you know that?” Tiffany said to the woman hugging her.

“How am I stubborn?” Taeyeon asked raising her head to look at the younger woman in the eyes. The younger woman smiled and reached up to wipe the remaining tears from the woman’s eyes.

“Coming to see me even after your doctor said you shouldn’t.” She said while the side of the older woman’s face.

“No one was going to stop me from seeing you.” The older woman replied placing her head back in the crook of Tiffany’s neck.

“I appreciate that, but I wish you would have taken care of yourself better.” The taller woman said running her fingers through the other woman’s hair.

“Let’s not talk about that now, okay Pany? I just want to stay here for a bit and enjoy the feeling of you back in my arms.” The older woman said as another tear slid from her eyes.

“Okay Tae... So tell me about those dreams you always had then.” Tiffany said tightening her hold on the older woman. Taeyeon looked back up at the younger woman with a questioning gaze.

“H-how do you know about my dreams?” The woman asked back looking the taller woman in the eyes. Tiffany’s eyes went wide.

“I-I uh just a guess?” She said avoiding eye contact with the shorter woman.

“Hwang Miyoung, look at me, and explain.” The older woman said placing her hand on Tiffany’s chin and forcing her to look at her.

“Okay, so maybe I showed up in your dreams a couple of times. It’s not like you minded. And come on, we would have made some cute babies!” The woman said with a slight chuckle. Taeyeon’s eyes began to water once again as she tightened her grip on the younger woman.

“Come on, Tae. Please don’t cry anymore.” Tiffany said rubbing soothing circles on the woman’s back.

“I-I finally have you back. I c-can’t help it. I’m s-so happy.” The woman said while reaching to wipe her tears again. Tiffany smiled and held the woman tighter.

“Come on. Let’s go look around. I have so much to show you.” The taller woman said pulling back from their embrace and standing up. Taeyeon hurried to her feet and held the younger woman close.

“I’m not letting you go again.” She said wrapping her arms around the taller woman’s waist in a back hug.

“Baby, you can’t get rid of me now, so please don’t worry. I know someone here, who really wants to see you.” The woman said unwrapping the shorter woman’s hands from her waist before walking to the door. A few seconds later a white dog came running in the room.

“R-romeo?” Taeyeon asked reaching down to pick up the small dog.

“He did his job, Taetae. After he passed, I had company till you got here.” Tiffany said with a sad smile while walking up to the woman and dog.

“Good job, Romeo.” Taeyeon said with a smile while petting the dog on his head, receiving a to the hand as a response. The woman set the small dog back on the ground and wrapped her arms around Tiffany’s waist once again.

“We’re finally a family again.” She said pulling the woman closer.

“Finally.” Tiffany said before leaning in to seal their lips together. Taeyeon smiled into the kiss before pulling back and resting her forehead against Tiffany’s.

“I love you Pany.” Taeyeon said lightly pecking the woman’s lips.

“I love you too Taetae. Always and forever.” Tiffany said giving the woman a bright eye smile.


So that's the end of this... I hope you liked it... and thanks for reading :)