"You're such an idiot."

Fate Is In Our Hands

Jungkook stared at the phone in his hands, reading the text over and over as he waited for the words to finally sink in. Perhaps it was just this certain day, but his head was not functioning correctly. It was functioning way too slow, but the tug he felt in his heart told him that he was perfectly fine and that the words in front of him aren’t the results of his insomnia and restless nights.

‘We need to talk, Jungkook.’

The text that Taehyung, his boyfriend of two years, had sent him made him feel a certain feeling he hadn’t felt in a long, long time. Thousands of questions he wanted to ask the older boy, but he didn’t know where to start. Jungkook could literally hear Taehyung’s voice as he read the text again, serious but nonchalant. It’s the tone Taehyung would use on him each time they talked about anything deep or sensitive.

The entire time they were together, Taehyung never failed to be loud, annoying, and cheery…but he was still absolutely endearing. He was rarely angry at the younger, but even if he were to be, not once did he ever raise his voice or harm him.

Figuring he was reading the message for too long, he hastily keyed in a reply, surprised that his fingers weren’t as shaky as his breathing.

‘Okay. Where?’

He wanted to also ask ‘why’ but he had a feeling he’d get an obvious reply of ‘that’s why we need to talk face-to-face’ so he left it at that.

A few seconds later, he received a very vague ‘my place’, and Jungkook frowned at this. No time? No anything?

In all honesty, he was slightly pissed off at the elder. One, he hadn’t seen Taehyung for weeks. Two, whenever he tried to call him, the older boy would always try to end their conversation by saying that he was busy with his assignments and all that . What assignments? Jimin, their close friend who is also in the same class as Taehyung, specifically told him that they wouldn’t be having anymore assignments after their summer break. Lies! He had wanted to shout at his boyfriend, but he refrained himself. Three, Taehyung would keep himself busy and bury himself under mountains of books in the library everytime lunch time came. Four, when walking side by side, Taehyung would always, always manage to keep a distance between them as if Jungkook’s an infectious creature. And lastly, when he’d try to hold his hand, Taehyung would flinch a little before tightly gripping his hand as if he’d dissolve into thin air.

If anything, Jungkook had the notion that Taehyung was simply avoiding him. For what, he’d never know.

“Ugh,” he groaned into his pillow.

Or…he’ll find out soon enough.

 


 

When Taehyung opened his apartment door after at least five knocks from Jungkook, the younger watched, in a span of a split-second, the older boy’s eyes go from the usual sweet stare to a rare harsh look.

“Hey, Jungkook,” was Taehyung’s greeting, tone flat, but Jungkook could tell he was struggling to sound the least bit enthusiastic to see him.

“Taehyung,” was his simple reply and he very much wanted to hug his boyfriend and plant kisses to his lips, but again, he held himself back. He also tried to not look affronted by the greeting. There was no ‘Hi Kookie my baby’ or all those cheesy names Taehyung loved to call him.

“Do you want anything to drink?” Taehyung asked once he stepped foot inside the apartment.

“I’m good,” he mumbled, straightaway taking a seat on one of the couches in fear of making a fool out of himself and letting Taehyung see his resolve crumbling.

It seemed like a century as both boys basked in a very awkward silence. Jungkook hated that Taehyung made him come here and not getting straight to the point. Instead, the older boy chose to sit across him, the glass coffee table the only thing separating them. The orange-haired boy had his elbows rested on each sides of his knees, watching Jungkook intently through glazed eyes.

“What?”

He could not help himself, no. Taehyung was watching him and saying nothing, creeping him the out. They’d barely talked or seen each other the past few weeks, and here he was, the quiet and awkward boy within him perpetually hoping that things would get back to the way it used to be.

What Taehyung said to him next not only shocked him, it rendered him speechless, as if the words had knocked the wind out of him.

“You’re not for me, Jeon Jungkook.”

How could he? How could he say that? What did he mean?

“W-what? Tae…” Jungkook tried – tried so hard – to hold back the tears that reflexively appeared. “You tell me we needed to talk. You tell me to come here. And you tell me this? Are…are you –“

He could see Taehyung blanch at the sight of him looking like that. Jungkook knew Taehyung disliked seeing him upset, and he’d constantly attempt to comfort him any way he can. Except this time, it was Taehyung himself, who made him upset, not anyone else.

“You can’t love me anymore, Jungkook-ah. I love you, but we’re just not meant to be. We can’t love each other any longer.”

Jungkook wanted to throw the empty beer bottle from the table at the boy across him – had Taehyung been drinking? – but desisted in doing so, opting to furiously stand up from his place and going over to Taehyung, hands balled into fists at his sides.

“Are you sober right now, Tae? You –“

Taehyung instantly stood up and placed both hands on the younger’s shoulders as he stared deep into his irate orbs. “Listen to me, Jungkook.”

“No, you listen, Kim Taehyung!” he pushed the hands away, glaring. “First, you avoid me. Second, you tell me we needed to talk. Third, you order me to not love you anymore?”

“I’m not ordering you to –“

“No, that’s exactly what you’re doing!” he spat. “And you didn’t even deny that you were avoiding me. Have you got your head screwed on right, Taehyung-ah?” he was aware that his sarcasm was starting to show, but he was seeing red. “Why…why are you doing this to me right now?”

Taehyung rubbed a tired hand across his own face, sighing softly. “Please listen to me for a while, Kookie.”

Jungkook wanted to, so much at this moment, slap the older boy, but Taehyung was smoothing his balled fists with his soft hands and the fact that he just called him ‘Kookie’ again made him feel warm on the inside. It made him forget why he was angry in the first place.

“Yes, I have been avoiding you these past few weeks,” he indicated sombrely and Jungkook struggled to pull his hands away at the confession. “Stop it,” Taehyung chastised him. “But I didn’t do it because I wanted to,” he continued once Jungkook weakened his fight against him. “I mean, I only did it because…because…”

“Because what?”

Taehyung shut his eyes and bit his lower lip, his hands on Jungkook’s tightening their hold. There it is again, the younger thought. It’s as if he was afraid that he’d disappear if he lets go of the hands.

When his eyes opened, they were slightly glistened. Maybe it was his sad excuse of an eyesight, but Taehyung’s eyes were glistening. Why?

He slowly released Jungkook’s hands and placed his own hands on each sides of his cheeks. Taehyung studied his features, and it made him a little uncomfortable; Jungkook never did like this specific gesture.

“I love you, Jungkook-ah,” he stated, a small smile on his lips. “And the adorable set of bunny teeth behind these perfect lips,” he gently ran two fingers across the underside of his mouth. “I love the way your eyes crinkle everytime you laugh or smile. All the imperfections that you say you have are what makes you perfect in my eyes.”

Jungkook audibly gulped as he tried to move away from Taehyung’s scrutinising gaze. His deep voice was making his knees grow weaker and he was afraid he’d faint right then and there, but this was definitely not the time to be doing something like that.

“Why…why are you saying this to me, Taehyung?”

Taehyung pushed their foreheads so they touched. “I’m sorry, Jungkook-ah,” he inhaled. “I’m so sorry, but we can’t be together anymore.”

Jungkook’s lips quivered and he forcefully pushed Taehyung away. “Why do you keep saying that?” he questioned, and his voice was an octave higher he might as well be yelling. “Are you breaking up with me? Is that it?”

Taehyung had the audacity to look him in the eyes as he said, “You and I don’t belong to each other, Jungkook. You belong to…” he then looked down. “…to someone else.”

“What the are you talking about?” he repeated, this time, full-on shouting.

Taehyung diverted his gaze to a random picture frame hanging on one of the walls, not wanting to look at the younger. “Go back to my brother, Jungkook.”

Jungkook froze. “W-what?”

“Get back with him.”

Jungkook’s mind wandered to a few years ago, or to be more exact…to when he was dating Taehyung’s older brother.

There was a 5-year between Jungkook and Myungsoo. The younger was so in love with the raven-haired boy back then, and he was more than overjoyed that his feelings were reciprocated as well. Taehyung had been his friend since 4th grade, and of course he was happy that his brother and friend were happy, too.

Myungsoo and Jungkook only dated for approximately half a year. Myungsoo himself said that he tended to be obsessive when it came to things (and people) he loved, which at the time, was photography and Jungkook. However, the more Myungsoo got into photography, the less he cared for Jungkook. Though he spent less and less time with Jungkook, he never failed to send him a goodnight and good morning text. Nonetheless, that wasn’t enough for the younger. Texting and seeing each other for just a few minutes just wasn’t enough for a relationship to progress further.

Jungkook knew that Myungsoo loved him, despite the raven-haired boy’s absolute love for photography getting in the way. When he met up with Myungsoo to tell him that they were better off separated, the elder had tried to plead him to not leave him, but Jungkook had been relentless. Myungsoo finally accepted the break-up when Jungkook told him that ‘this way, you can focus more on your hobby, and most likely get into a career that’ll involve your love for photography’.

They had broken up on good terms, if Jungkook were to be honest, and also if Myungsoo’s charming lopsided grin was anything to go by.

Taehyung had been by Jungkook’s side the whole time, and he felt so stupid for not realising his feelings for the younger brother sooner.

“Kookie?”

Taehyung’s voice brought Jungkook back to the present, and this time, he really did raise a hand up to slap it across the older boy’s face. “Don’t you ‘Kookie’ me, you selfish prick!” he hissed through gritted teeth, jaw clenching and hands coming back to his sides and balling them into fists. “Why?”

Taehyung kept his eyes on the floor to his left.

“Look at me when I’m talking to you, Kim Taehyung,” Jungkook knew he was being rude right now, but he didn’t give a . “I want you to tell me exactly why you want me to go back to him. I want you to tell me why Myungsoo and I should get back together.”

“You love him.”

“That isn’t the answer I want. And correction, I loved him. I don’t anymore.”

Taehyung looked Jungkook in the eyes, his gaze hardening, and the younger mimicked the action with his own. “He still loves you.”

Jungkook growled. “Cut the bull and get to the point, Taehyung.”

“Ever since you left him, he hasn’t been the same, okay!”

Jungkook’s frown deepened and his face scrunched up in utter confusion. What was Taehyung even talking about? He didn’t leave him, to be exact. Everyone knew that. He and Myungsoo had broken up on good terms, so what did he even mean the older brother hadn’t been the same?

Jungkook was about to shout at Taehyung again out of sheer anger, but one look at Taehyung’s face made whatever it was he wanted to say die within his throat. He looked so distressed and out of character that it made the younger worry and forget everything else.

“I want to hate you, Taehyung,” he mumbled, voice low but clear, intending on making the elder hear him. “For even remotely thinking about making me go back to him.”

Taehyung blinked twice, and Jungkook could’ve sworn he saw a teardrop or two fall. Why is he crying? I’m the one who’s supposed to be crying here! Jungkook tried to even out his breathing when Taehyung didn’t answer him.

Rationality crawled itself inside Jungkook’s head and forced him to think clearly, try to understand the whole situation logically.

Taehyung loved him. No. Taehyung loves him, has been in love with him since they were younger, since before his older brother came in the picture. They had more than a few things in common with one another, and they tolerated each other’s peculiar habits (more of Taehyung’s odd habits) well.

Jungkook, in turn, has loved Taehyung for a long time too. He just took a lot more time in realizing it.

Could Taehyung be insecure?

Myungsoo couldn’t possibly be jealous. No. Jungkook wasn’t his anymore, and the elder didn’t exactly care about him that much. After they broke up, Jungkook never saw Myungsoo again. Not that he didn’t want to, he just never saw him at all. He didn’t question Taehyung of his whereabouts either, assuming that the older guy was most likely busy.

“He wasn’t, not really.”

Jungkook shook his head to snap himself out. , did I just think out loud? “What?”

Taehyung sighed and sat down on the couch behind him. “He’s been avoiding me.”

“What?” Jungkook asked, stupidly, might he add.

“Our relationship as brothers…it’s been strained for the past few years,” Taehyung explained slowly, trying to pick the right words to use.

Jungkook stared down at him intently. “Because of me?”

“I...I don’t know,” he replied, and when he saw Jungkook’s hand that was once again balled up, he gently took it into his own hands and rubbed smooth circles on it.

Something within Jungkook told him to let Taehyung do whatever he wanted with his hand and not pull away, so he stayed still.

“When I tried to make small talks with him, I can tell he wanted to get away from me,” he continued, gaze anywhere but on Jungkook. “But he humoured me anyway. When he smiles, it seems forced and doesn’t reach up to his eyes. He doesn’t laugh as often and doesn’t invite me to go out with him to take random pictures,” Jungkook could see Taehyung biting his lower lip, his bangs covering his eyes as he lowered his head. “I’m not blaming you, Jungkook-ah, but ever since you guys separated, he’s not him anymore.”

Jungkook’s head was spinning uncontrollably and he used his free hand to rub a hand across his face. He was trying to process everything Taehyung said with a calm mind, but that proved to be futile.

Was that why he never saw Myungsoo again? Because he had been avoiding Taehyung all this time?

“Jungkook…please say something.”

If Myungsoo had been avoiding Taehyung because of him, that should be no one but Myungsoo’s fault, is it not? Jungkook and him had obviously parted with smiles on their faces and if the elder wasn’t happy with the parting he should’ve said so.

Has he not moved on?

Jungkook laughed out loud at the thought, sounding even more sarcastic than it should’ve been. “Idiot,” he hissed. “Both of you...idiots.”

Taehyung opened his mouth to retort but Jungkook held up a hand to his face to prevent him. If Myungsoo were here right now, he would’ve received a punch to his shoulder, back, face – anywhere – by Jungkook.

“Where is he?”

“W-what?”

Jungkook glared at the elder, hard. “Myungsoo. Where is he now?”

“I don’t know. Last I saw him was a long time ago. He may be in his apartment in the city…or somewhere. I don’t know,”

The younger narrowed his eyes at him as he leant down closer. “You’re not trying to defend him, are you?”

Taehyung spluttered. “Yah, I really don’t know!”

Jungkook stood straight and crossed his arms across his chest, a determined look on his face. “Call him.”

Taehyung sprung up from his seat at that command, a hand protectively covering his pocket where his cell phone was placed. “Why?”

“To ask him for directions to that new restaurant in the city,” Jungkook said nonchalantly with a roll of his eyes. “Yah, what else!”

Taehyung was reluctant at first because Jungkook looked like he was about ready to go on a massacre, but after a very, very attempted calm explanation from Jungkook saying that he wanted to give Myungsoo a piece of his mind, he couldn’t say no.

He implored to the high heavens that his brother would pick up his call, or at least, stay on the phone with him long enough for him to ask where he currently was.

It took Myungsoo a long time to answer Taehyung’s call, but when he picked up, the moment he heard his younger brother breathe on the other line, he ended it. Taehyung scoffed and redialled his brother’s number again and this time, when Myungsoo answered, he spat out a very loud ‘listen to me and don’t hang up!’, adding a small ‘please’ after that.

When Myungsoo told him that Taehyung could meet him at his private studio in the city, Taehyung didn’t know if he should be jumping in delight or sulking in the corner of his bathroom. He, of course, left out the most important fact: Jungkook would be coming along.

“Taehyung,” Jungkook slowly reached out to take the phone away from his hand. “Do you…do you not care for me anymore?”

The older boy’s eyes widened and he inadvertently gasped at what the younger said. “I do care about you, Jungkook-ah. I do care.”

“Then…why?”

Taehyung knew what Jungkook was talking about, but he couldn’t bring himself to give out an immediate answer without sounding stupid. In fact, this whole ordeal was because of his inability to think properly. Jungkook was right, he’s an idiot. He should’ve given himself time to reflect on everything over and over and discuss it with either his brother or boyfriend. Instead, he chose to take matters into his own hands and avoid Jungkook, like how Myungsoo avoided him.

“I’m sorry,” was all Taehyung could say, eyes cast down to their feet. “Today probably marks the day where I apologize too much, huh? But I really am sorry, Jungkook.”

“You should be!” SMACK!

“Ouch!” Taehyung whined and rubbed the spot on his upper arm that Jungkook just smacked. And when the younger opened his mouth, he took the liberty of saying, “I’m an idiot, I know!”

Jungkook exhaled as he stared at the orange-haired boy standing in front of him like a kicked puppy. “Are you still breaking up with me, Kim Taehyung?”

“God, no!” Taehyung exclaimed, eyes comically becoming even bigger than Jungkook’s. “No. Forget everything I said earlier today. Forget it. Forget everything.”

“Ugh,” Jungkook groaned. “Why are you such a ? Remind me again how in the world I fell for someone like you?” he sighed, then raised up his finger to stop Taehyung from answering his rhetorical question. “Then again…never mind.”

Taehyung pouted, a sight that Jungkook thought was gross at the moment. “You’re not mad at me, are you?” he asked, expression full of guilt it made the younger speechless. “You know how I am every so often. I act before I think.”

A few weeks ago, Jungkook had been vexed that Taehyung was avoiding him because he wanted to break up with him. It was partially accurate, but for a different reason. He had thought that the elder didn’t like him anymore, and that he had gotten tired of him. A typical explanation. Now that Taehyung had explained things clearly for him, he had no more reason to worry.

Jungkook stepped forward, and feeling slightly nervous, Taehyung slowly stepped back. The younger clicked his tongue in disapproval and yanked the elder close to him by the neck with his hands.

Startled, Taehyung’s hands immediately went to Jungkook’s waist.

“You’re such an insecure creep, you know?” Jungkook stated teasingly, arms now wrapped around his boyfriend’s neck.

Taehyung pinched the side of Jungkook’s waist light-heartedly. “Watch it, brat. I’m still older than you.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes. “Just shut up and kiss me.”

 


 

“Why did I agree to let you use your motorcycle to get here?” Jungkook grumbled as he fixed his hair.

He doesn’t usually mind the ride, but Taehyung was feeling extra adventurous this particular day, zooming past everyone and despite his head covered by his helmet, Jungkook could hear laughter coming from the older boy as the pair got honked. The younger had no choice but to wrap his arms around his boyfriend’s torso tighter, fearing slightly for his precious life. Slightly, because Taehyung would never try to harm him in any way.

In truth, Taehyung was extremely thrilled – thrilled to have Jungkook back in his life. Not that the younger went away in the first place. The moment he leaned down to kiss Jungkook back in his apartment, things got heated and he just couldn’t be any happier. Taehyung couldn’t stop the string of ‘I-love-you’s pouring out of his mouth and into Jungkook’s, earning him adorable giggles and replies of ‘I-love-you-too’.

Taehyung grinned cheekily at the younger when Jungkook glared at him once he was done fixing his hair. “You agreed because of the traffic,” he stated a matter-of-factly and brushed a finger across the younger’s lower lip.

Their heated make-out session earlier on had resulted in Jungkook’s lips looking a bit red and swollen, and Taehyung couldn’t help but love how it looked like. y? No. Cute? No. Maybe a little bit of both.

Jungkook made a face at the elder, giving up. He forgot what he was supposed to say. Taehyung linked their hands together securely, the thrill he felt previously suddenly fading and replaced with trepidation as he stared at the black double-doors in front of him.

“I’m so nervous right now,” he said honestly.

“Hey,” Jungkook smiled gently. “He’s your brother, not a total stranger. You’ll be okay, Tae.”

Taehyung smiled back, feeling a little better. He knocked on the door, once, twice, thrice and when it opened, he was met with someone that was definitely not his brother. The boy, or man, whichever, was taller in stature, skinnier than any of them, and oh-so-good-looking. More so than his brother, if he were to be frank.

“Uh,” Taehyung said dumbly, fist still poised up in the air, and Jungkook rolled his eyes and had to take his fist down on his own. “I’ve not seen my brother in a while, you’re not him, are you?” When the stranger raised confused eyebrows at his question, the orange-haired boy laughed uneasily and rubbed a hand on his neck. “You are definitely not my brother. Is he…is he inside?”

The man pursed his lips, and blinked twice. “Are you perhaps…Taehyung?”

“Y-yeah, how did you know…sir?”

“Oh, my God! Please don’t call me that. I can assure you I’m not that much older than you are. Not really. Anyhoo, not here to talk about ages, but Myungsoo told me that he was expecting his brother in an hour.”

“He did?”

“Yeah! He’s upstairs, so why don’t you two come in and I’ll go and get him?”

Taehyung pulled Jungkook inside with him, fingers firmly glued together with the younger’s. When he looked around, he was not at all shocked that almost the entire decorations and furniture were in black. The walls were painted white, of course, his brother wasn’t that gloomy. Aside from the black, he saw some pink here and there, but his brother hated the colour pink.

“I feel so stupid,” Taehyung sighed.

Jungkook frowned. “Don’t be.”

“Taehyung?”

The aforementioned boy turned around and saw his brother by the stairs with the stranger from earlier. Damn, he has got to stop calling the other a stranger. What was his name? Who was he? He seemed pretty cosy with his brother, though.

“Hyung,” he greeted, his signature grin on his face. He missed his brother too much.

Myungsoo smiled fondly at him. Then his eyes saw the boy beside his baby brother. Jungkook. The boy grew up well, he thinks. He can’t remember the last time he’d seen the boy. He had to admit that their parting was mutual, but on the inside, he was hoping for Jungkook to go back to him. He stopped expecting after two weeks, isolating himself from everyone to get back on his feet. He’d seen how Taehyung looked at Jungkook, even as friends, and Myungsoo had wished that someone would look at him like that, too.

He shook his head subtly to remove himself from the reverie he was in, turning his head to look at the man standing beside him with an affectionate smile before making his way to his awaiting brother.

He did find that someone, apparently.

“Don’t just stare at me, Taehyung-ah. Come and hug your brother,” he extended his arms and the younger ran into his arms immediately, seeking the warmth that he’d been neglected of for a long while. “I missed you, you know?”

Taehyung nodded, his arms around his brother tightening. “I missed you, too, hyung.”

Myungsoo wanted to cry, but he held it in. He felt guilty, so, so guilty because he’s aware he’d been avoiding his brother. It was his own fault, he knows that, but he was just so embarrassed to admit why.

When he and Taehyung pulled away, he patted his baby brother’s head affectionately. He saw Jungkook standing next to Taehyung awkwardly, and he chuckled. The kid was too adorable. He matched Taehyung well.

“Jungkook,” he said, lips slowly curling upwards. “Hi.”

The younger boy returned the smile as best he could. “Myungsoo hyung.”

Jungkook had feared that their meeting would be awkward, but it wasn’t and he was more than relieved.

Myungsoo cleared his throat. “So, what brings you two here, by the way?” he asked worriedly. “All you said on the phone was for me to not hang up and that this was important.”

“It is!” Taehyung responded eagerly. He didn’t know why he was eager, but he was. “You hung up on me the first call! Why? That’s reason enough for me to become concerned. And you know why we’re here, hyung.”

Myungsoo sighed. He knows why they’re here – he had a hunch. He had a lot of explaining to do, a lot.

 


 

“What?” Taehyung gaped at his brother. “You have a job now?”

“Yah!” Myungsoo hissed. “Was that the only thing you paid attention to?”

“No,” the younger brother’s shoulder slumped. “You – uhh – you’ve been busy.”

“I’m sorry, Myungsoo hyung,” Jungkook said, head down.

“Don’t be, Jungkook-ah,” he shook his head. “If it weren’t for the words you said to me that day, I wouldn’t have accomplished all I’ve ever done. I wouldn’t have gone this far. I should say thank you? Yeah, a very belated thank you to you.”

Jungkook flushed. He had been right the entire time? Now Myungsoo was a professional photographer, his dream job. He had been isolating himself from everyone in order for him to get back on track, and that included staying away from his own brother.

It didn’t make that much sense to Jungkook, but now that Myungsoo has cleared things up between them, he felt better than ever.

“You’re such an idiot,” he grumbled to his boyfriend seated beside him.

Myungsoo snorted. “What did he do now?”

“Nothing! I did nothing!” Taehyung clamped a hand to Jungkook’s mouth, grinning childishly.

He did not need his brother to know that he’d tried to break up with the younger just so he could see the two people he adored the most be happy. That drama has been put in the past.

Myungsoo chuckled at the two across him. His eyes moved away from them and he found himself staring at the man in the kitchen as he made dinner. Another affectionate smile was plastered on his face, and this caught the bickering duo by surprise. Their eyes followed Myungsoo’s line of sight, and they gasped inwardly. They weren’t just ‘friends’, were they?

“Hyung,” Taehyung bit his lower lip.

“Hmm?”

“You’re not mad at me all this time?”

“Pfft, no. I never was. I told you I’ve been busy. What gave you the impression that I was mad at you?”

“Naah, nothing. Your face creeps me out sometimes, and it kind of looks like you’re permanently pissed off.”

Myungsoo only frowned at his baby brother.

“So, are you and –“ Taehyung wiggled his finger from his brother to the man in the kitchen playfully, making Jungkook scoff in amusement. “—are you guys a thing?”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened. His brother had the tendency to be curious, and it’s unstoppable. He cleared his throat and stood up. “Sungyeol-ah, do you need help with dinner?”

“I’m fine, Myungsoo-yah,” came the reply from the kitchen.

“Hyung,” Taehyung whispered.

Myungsoo gritted his teeth at his younger brother before making his way to the kitchen. “I’ll help you anyway, Yeol.”

Taehyung pouted at being ignored. “Hyung.”

Jungkook watched, amused, as Taehyung followed behind his brother. His boyfriend was such a dork. Myungsoo obviously said that Sungyeol was just his roommate and friend, but there was the underlying stares and smiles the two of them shared, so there could be something more.

“Hyung, c’mon, answer me. Hyung. Myungie hyung? Hyung! Myungsoo hyung!”

 


 

A/N:

what is this i've written ohmygod this did not turn out the way i wanted it to. originally, this was supposed to be way more angsty. i don't know what happened! *sobs ugly tears* i'm so sorry if this and you guys had to wait so long for it.

i'd like to thank those who've subscribed to this. comments are appreciated, yeah? this is my first bts fic (i've never written them before >_<).

much love!