Chance

Happiness

"Where shall we go? OMG i'm so so so excited. We're finally going on a holiday!" Seulgi squealed.

 
"Canada." Joohyun simply replied.
 
"Canada? Where in Canada?"
 
"Toronto."
 
"Wow. Since when do you know so much about Canada?"
 
"It's in my nature to be extremely educated," Joohyun boasted.
 
"Pffft seriously, Joohyun." Seulgi answered. "But since i trust you, Canada it is then!"
 
It was 2pm in the afternoon when Joohyun and Seulgi arrived in Canada. Joohyun had always wanted to visit Canada, but the truth is, she wanted to meet Wendy again, although there is a high chance she may not be able to.
 
"Let's meet again, Wendy Son." Joohyun held onto that hope for the past 5 years. Everyday, she would assure herself that one day, that eventually one day, she would be able to meet Wendy again. This time, she's determined.
 
After settling down their luggages safely in their hotel, Seulgi suggested going for a movie, and Joohyun agreed willingly. Grabbing their popcorns and tickets, the duo managed to find their seats and plant themselves onto it, ready for the movie.
 
Just then, another duo rushed into the cinema, and sat on the seats beside Joohyun. Instinctively, Joohyun turned to her left and took a glance at the duo, and her eyes immediately widened, her jaws dropped.
 
"Wen... Wendy??"
 
The girl beside Joohyun turned to face her, and she was indeed the one Joohyun met 5 years ago, during her favourite season, selling sweet potatoes.
 
"Oh? You're... Joohyun? Joohyun! Am i right?" Wendy beamed, looking equally surprised.
 
"Oh my god," Irene said under her breath.
 
Right at that moment, Seulgi had to interrupt them. 
 
"Whoa hey! You're the girl who was selling sweet potatoes!" Joohyun mentally facepalmed herself.
 
Before Wendy could reply, the movie started playing, and all four of them diverted their attention to the big screen.
 
After the long, dreading 2 hours, well, at least it was long and dreading to Joohyun, the movie finally ended. The four girls made their way out of the cinema, and Joohyun couldn't wait to express her excitement.
 
"Wendy, gosh. You don't know how happy i am right now, being able to meet you again! Umm... Can we... Go for... Like a dinner or something?"
 
Wendy chuckled at the other girl's nervousness, and replied with a short and sweet "Sure!"
 
"Can i come too?" Seulgi asked.
 
"Of course," Wendy agreed. "Joy will come too."
 
And so, the quartet made their way to a restaurant Wendy recommended. Joohyun was about to take her seat beside Wendy, but Seulgi was a step ahead of her. She had no choice but to sit in front of Wendy instead, with Joy beside her.
 
"Oh let me introduce Joy to you two," Wendy said. "Her real name is Park Sooyoung, she was the friend i was helping the other time. I gave her the nickname Joy. Cute, isn't it?"
 
The four girls laughed and chatted, as if they knew each other for years, but what Joohyun can't help but notice, is the fact that Wendy and Seulgi could get along so well, to the extent they were even teasing each other, and somehow Joohyun felt disturbed by it.
 
After the dinner, Joohyun decided to make a move. She quickened her pace and got beside Wendy, indirectly pushing Seulgi out of the way too, making it no choice but for Seulgi and Joy to walk together at the back.
 
"Wendy, can't you give me a nickname too? Like Joy?" Joohyun pouted.
 
"A nickname? Hmm..." Wendy furrowed her eyebrows as she thought carefully. "How about Irene? Irene's a pretty name, just like you!"
 
Joohyun blushed, oh so furiously. From that day onwards, Joohyun decided that her name was Irene.
 
Irene, Seulgi, Wendy and Joy have been hanging out for weeks now. Irene and Seulgi had initially planned their stay in Canada for 6 months, since Irene didn't thought that the search for Wendy could be so easy.
 
It was a typical day at Wendy's house, which is also Joy's house since she's practically staying there almost permanently. Joy had gone out to rent some CDs for the quartet, while Wendy's busy preparing food for them in the kitchen. Irene and Seulgi were lazing on the couch silently, before Seulgi initiated a conversation.
 
"You know, i have a confession to make. Irene, you have to promise me not to tell anyone as i'm only telling you this for now since you're my bestfriend."
 
"I promise. What is it?" Irene asked amusingly. Seulgi had never been so secretive.
 
"I... I actually like Wendy."
 
Oh no, that can't be true. There is only one kind of shock worse than the totally unexpected: the expected for which one has refused to prepare, and Irene did not prepare for this, not at all.
 
"Wha... What?!" Irene blinked.
 
"Yeah... Ridiculous as it may sound, but i do like Wendy," Seulgi blushed.
 
Irene refused to believe her. The numbness she felt was suddenly replaced by an overwhelming feeling of anger and she stood up and screamed out "Take it back! Take back what you just said! Wendy has and will always be mine!"
 
It was then Seulgi realised that Irene, too, likes Wendy. But Seulgi was never the type to give in so easily. Anger started to boil inside her too, as she stood up and clenched her fists, forcing herself not to get violent. She shouted back "What rights do you have to claim her? None! So just bloody shut up!"
 
Never once had Irene and Seulgi fought before, and right now, they're screaming their lungs out at each other, over Wendy.
 
Having heard the commotion and chaos outside, Wendy rushed out of the kitchen.
 
"Hey. Are you guys al---"
 
"Choose," Seulgi spat. "Me or Joohyun."
 
"Seulgi, what---"
 
"I SAID CHOOSE," Seulgi raised her voice. "You better choose before i flare up."
 
---
 
Sorry if the first chapter was crappy. It was probably shorter than expected and i didn't really include Joy in this one, but i definitely will in the next chap! It may not be anytime soon tho, since i'm having my major exams ): So i'll leave you guys to guess Wendy's reply hehe. Thanks for reading and do leave comments :D