Skills

| P E R S U A S I O N |

The dinner continues on but it's quieter than before. Jimin eats quietly while Young Shi tries to come up with a topic to talk about. Mr. Yoo and Mr. Lee keeps on glancing at each other trying to get one of them to break the ice. Mrs. Yoo could care less about the silence knowing that her announcement sure exploded accordingly. Soohyuk just stares at his food while playing with his fingers underneath the table. As for Moon Ye ... well ... she's eating pretty well and a lot. 

"Can I have more of the lobster and extra butter?" she asked the waitress. Soohyuk shortly glances at her and cannot believe that she's remaining calm and hungry in this current situation. 

"The arrange-marriage will be kept off the social media and left unannounced until the prepared time," Mrs. Yoo said. Everyone but Moon Ye looks at her. "You will not be getting married and will only be engaged until my middle child is ready." Soohyuk gulps. He sure cannot back down. This ... does not look like how it will end up in korean dramas at all. The hell. "I expect the both of you to get close first-"

Moon Ye cut off her mother with a short laugh, "wow~ I didn't know you had a heart enough to consider connection between human beings." She then thanks the waitress who brings in her lobster with extra buttery sauce. Soohyuk glances at her, unsure of what to think but for sure it isn't any good. She's not making any good impression. 

Mrs. Yoo sighs heavily and proceeds, "I believe Mr. Soohyuk needs a new assistant?" Everyone's eyes on her. "And you live in a pent house?" 

Mr. Yoo cuts her off, respectfully, "Honey. I don't think Moon Ye is old enough to become one of the most influencial company's CEO's assistant." Mrs. Yoo glares at him and he backs down a bit. Jimin pouts at the corner and Moon Ye hands him a piece of lobster and feeds him. "More butter the better huh," she tells her litter brother, completely ignoring the conversation.

Young Shi finally butts in the situation making Soohyuk a little more mad because he still feels so tricked. And as much as he wants to leave this so-called meeting... he needs and learn to be a professional and somehow finds a way to deal with this. "Mrs. Yoo. I respect you very much and all of your family's achievement, however, what if in those years that they will be engage and waiting for Ms. Moon Ye to be ready to marry my son, they find love for someone else and goes on different route?" Mr. Lee tells them. Soohyuk closes his eyes, thanking his father. 

"Then she will be disowned," Mrs. Yoo replied straightforward, throwing the whole table off except Moon Ye. The girl simply smirks at her mother's comment. Soohyuk cannot believe it. 

.

.

.

The meeting ends and Mr. Lee and Mr. Yoo talks in their office. Jimin goes along with Mrs. Yoo. Soohyuk goes straight to the bathroom. He's looking at himself, bewildered and confuse. Apparently, it's true that he's looking for a new assistant but hiring the girl, Moon Ye, will rise suspicious. That will be too bad. The best offer Soohyuk can do for now is make her an intern to become a CEO's secretary. She'll still be close to him and be in sight. Mrs. Yoo gladly accepted it, thank God. 

On his way out of the hallway, he meets Moon Ye. He examines her in a short while. She's wearing black leather boots, black jeans and leather jacket. The only thing not black on her are her skin, glasses and eyes. She's pretty slim and fit (looking at her legs). Her posture seems very chiq but her face... she has a baby-face, making her look younger than her age. It's the biggest problem. Yes, he has seen women around his age who looks like their 18 but not 12 or 14. But he has also seen women around her age that looks like 20 or even his age. Maturity for her seems to go slow, body wise. He sigh heavily. 

Plus, with a foul mouth like hers... still no good impression. 

"Internship needs to be earn," Moon Ye announced, her voice sounding more serious than earlier. Soohyuk says. "You and I may be engaged, but that's pretty much nothing to me. That internship ... I'll earn it." She stops leaning against the wall and grabs the black bag next to her feet. She looks up to him for a bit then turns away.

Before she can leave, Soohyuk tells her, "No. I told Mrs. Yoo that I will specially give the internship to you. It's already a given." 

Moon Ye turns around and walks up to him, "Let me get one thing straight to you, I don't really care what Mrs. Yoo or my mother tells you. This is what's given here. I will earn that internship. Period." Then she walks away, leaving Soohyuk bewildered again. What the hell. 

.

.

.

Moon Ye heads to the front desk and asks them about the internship. The lady escorts her to the Main Office and meets with the Vice President's Secretary, Ji Soo. Dress formally in tuxedo and fashionably styled, Moon Ye meets Soohyuk's main secretary Ji Soo. She bows to him, respectfully and he does the same. However, he could not keep his eyes off the girl radiating in black attire and intriguing aura. He smiles. "She wants to sign up as an intern for the new opening," the lady tells Ji Soo, who nods. 

Ji Soo glances at her and heads to get her an application. "Is he the one quitting?" Moon Ye asks. The lady tells her no, the other one. "Ah, so the Vice P. needs at least two secretary." 

"Yes. The Main President, Chairman Lee, has atleast three. They need us just in case of emergency," Ji Soo explained. "But I'm Kim Ji Soo, the main secretary. And I will be the one testing interns for the role." Moon Ye nods. "May I ask why you're interested?" Moon Ye eyes him and scans the application. 

"Just because." 

It didn't take her awhile to fill up the application and turn in her resume plus cover letter. Moon Ye comes back after two hours and meets Ji Soo at his desk. To his surprise, she turns in a neat envelope with all the papers in it. She leaves afterwards and he checks. "Yoo. Moon. Ye. Currently 17 years old." Just then Soohyuk passes by and Ji Soo immediately greets him. "Sir, I recently received an application today for the internship..." 

Soohyuk stops walking and turns to his secretary then eyes the envelope Ji Soo's holding. "I literally received it a few minutes ago. You would've caught her if she stayed for a bit longer. Would you like to take a look?" 

Soohyuk glances down, questioning himself if it's her. "Yoo Moon Ye is her name." He turns to Ji Soo again, "what does it say?" 

"Yoo Moon Ye. Born October 31st, 1996. It seems that she has quite a few job experiences," Ji Soo tells him and then hands him the paper. Soohyuk looks over it carefully, while questioning her intentions. He said the position is already a given, why bother going through the process. What is she up to? "She'll be our youngest candidate." Soohyuk grabs the envelope and tells Ji Soo, "push the interviews for all the interns a week ahead and notify them." He leaves and closes the door. Ji Soo stands there confuse. 

.

.

.

Moon Ye arrives at her small loft apartment and head straight to her turntable, placing a vinyl of the Lone Bellow's song Looking for You. She goes straight to her kitchen and prepares herself some hot English Breakfast tea and heat up some Danish Cheese Bread. She heads upstairs and takes her top and bottom off, replacing them with something comfortable: jersey shorts and plain white t-shirt. She puts her hair in a bun and heads back down to her dining table. She prepares her laptop on the far left side, but close enough for her hands to reach, then she takes her pencil/pen pouch and places them next to the laptop. She takes her textbook and handbooks out and neatly place them next to the pouch but a little further. Then she neatly places a yellow pad in front of her and on its left a folder filled with papers. She gets up and grabs her tea, sweetening it with honey, then her bread. 

That's her daily routine whenever she gets home.

Soohyuk, on the other hand, tend to stay in the office until all his paperworks are done. Today, he clears his schedule off and head home. He gets to his pent house and turn on some mellow and yet quite an upbeat music. He drinks some water and takes a sandwich out of his refrigerator. He settles down on his couch and turns on the television watching sports. Although he's intrigued by the game, his mind slowly wander off to his supposedly-fiance now. So far, he hasn't told anyone and his family would be the only one that knows. Who would've thought he'd be marrying someone who's probably just a year older than his little sister. Quite odd.

He finishes his food and begins to wash off his stress away in the shower. Then sleep. 

However, for her, it's already three in the morning. She finally finishes her work and cleans her mess up. She heads to the bathroom and fills the bath with hotwater later putting a bathbomb in it. She turns on the radio in her bathroom and set her timer for an hour. That's how she relieves her stress. Once four o'clock strikes, she gets ready for bed. 

RINGS!

Both of them wakes up at 6 in the morning. Soohyuk dresses himself fashionably formal while Moon Ye goes with her casual attire. They both head to their car: a white Mercedes c400 and a black Camry  2007. One heads to the company, the other heads to school. 

.

.

.

"Moon Yeee!" someone yells. Moon Ye turns around with a smile on her face and arms open wide. A boy mindlessly and purposely jump in Moon Ye's embrace and hugs her tight. "Okay. Tell me! You didn't bother answering my calls and messages yesterday at all! I want to know... what happen..." Moon Ye pats her friend, Min Seok, on the head though she had to tip toe and he had to lean down. He sigh and pitifully looks at his little dongsaeng.

"Are you okay? You didn't have to go to class today," Min Seok said.

"I actually do. I did all my homework last night," Moon Ye beamed.

Min Seok sigh again and hugs his little dongsaeng, "You absorbed yourself with paperwork again huh. You have a weird way of releasing stress."

"I took a bath to release stress. I did paperwork to get my mind off things," Moon Ye tells, taking his arms off her. "Plus, teacher. You should know your boundaries. We're in school campus remember?"

Kim Min Seok is a Business: Financial Accounting teacher in Seoul University. Moon Ye has been his student for the past two years. "Who cares! I've known you way before you started here. And we might be in school campus but that doesn't mean I can't hang out with you. Only in class should I keep my professionalism," the frank teacher says. Moon Ye says.

She turns to him with a big smile on her face, "then is it really cool if I just miss today's class? I have some business I need to take care of and I could really use some extra sleep." She takes a folder out of her bag and hands it to him, "I did one week worth of homework for your class. It was easy. I'll go and turn in the rest for my other classes huh~ I'll come to school tomorrow."

Before she can leave, he grabs her wrist with a shock look on his face, "When do you plan on telling me your situation?!"

She smiles at him then bows, "I'll text you later. Let's meet up!" By that, she's gone. Min Seok can only chuckle.

At least, he's just chuckling. Jong Hyun cannot help and cannot stop laughing at his best friend situation at all. The guy, who's always confident about his decisions and whatnot, is crumbling on his office table, shaking his head and glaring at Jong Hyun. He's the first one outside his family that knows now. "Are you planning on telling GD and CL?" Jong Hyun asks, trying to calm down.

"No. Don't tell them. Unlike you, they'll take me seriously and most likely try to find a way out of my problem," Soohyuk said. "Plus, they're preparing for their wedding. They don't need me on their plate." Jong Hyun nods. "Moon Ye also applied for the intern position for my second secretary. She will be the youngest candidate and she'll be headbutting with multiple experienced candidates."

Jong Hyun nods and grabs the load of papers on Soohyuk's table, "Is that why you were checking all the application forms?" Soohyuk nods.

"Look. I told her that it was already a given, she need not to apply since I told Mrs. Yoo, her vicious mother, that she can be my intern. But she insisted on applying and saying she'll earn it yesterday. Next thing I know, I have her application form," Soohyuk stressfully explained. "I don't know what she's up to. And I certainly do not wish to indirectly disobey Mrs. Yoo. She's a scary woman."

Jong Hyun laughs, "You're over-exaggerating. Maybe, your fiance just wants to prove herself to you. Maybe, she knows very well that she'll be the one to get the internship and become your official second-in-hand secretary in the future with her own skills. You did say her mother thinks her middle-child daughter is a genuis."

They sit there in silence.

.

.

.

A week has passed, and the interviews and testing has began. Soohyuk, Mr. Lee and Secretaries of both the President and Vice President stands before 15 candidates. Soohyuk immediately spots Yoo Moon Ye on the far left corner simply looking around.

She looks calm... Soohyuk thought. Mr. Lee takes a deep breath and welcome each of them and blesses them to pass the tests. The interview begin and individually they enter the private room. Moon Ye enters confidently and calmly. Soohyuk takes notes of how well she's dress. Still purely in all black, but formally. No skin other than her hands and face and neck are revealed. Her hair is tied in a clean ponytail and she seems taller due to her high heel shoes. She sits down and places her folder on the table in front of her and crosses her legs. There's an aura around her... For some odd reason, Soohyuk feel intrigued.

They make eye contact and she smirks a litte at him, throwing him off. Her interview goes well as she gives off a really mature response to their question. She shows no signs of intimidations and smiles for most of it. Mr. Lee feels as if he met a whole different person the day before because this Moon Ye sure seems capable and as Mrs. Yoo claims skillful. But her personality still is a wonder for the father and son.

After the interview, Ji Soo sees Moon Ye drinking coffee at the shop. He goes to greet her and asks her about the interview. They share a few little talk. Soohyuk comes out of the heated private room after discussing the interviews and tests. He cannot believe it...

"Are you confident that you got the spot?" Ji Soo asks Moon Ye.

She takes a sip off her iced coffee and smiles, "A week of preparation gave me a huge advantage despite the fact that I was the last candidate to have sent their application. I'm confident in my skills. I would not have applied if I was not sure of it."

Ji Soo scoffs, playfully and toss their coffee together, "You seem like a scary girl."

.

.

.

She got it... Soohyuk stressfully thought.