Two Different Lives

| P E R S U A S I O N |

Her skin were rather pale and her lips were rosy thin. Her eyes shimmers in light brown and her hair is as brown as chocolate. Everything about her appearance is extravagant. Soohyuk doesn't mind getting married in a hurry with a woman like her at all. Yoo Young Shi, 25 years old, eldest daughter of the YB family, the heiress of toppest resort company in South Korea. 

She's also very succesful in life, not only is she a heiress, she's also the owner and founder of Starlight Interior Design and have modeled a couple of hotels internationally. She's graduated from Seoul University under the major of Arts and Interior Design plus Accounting. That's amazing. Yoo Young Shi is the perfect bride and daughter, just like what the headline said on the paper Soohyuk is reading. 

He thought about it many times if what he's doing is right or wrong. But he's nearly thirty years old and he doesn't want to grow old alone. That's the last thing he wants in this world. Besides, so what if he's heart is scar... maybe this girl could heal it for him but then again... he's watched enough dramas to know that his fiance probably is against arrangemarriage and is in love with someone else. 

Damn... what a life.

He continues to examines the picture of her. This girl can't be anymore perfect than she is. The YB has contacted him and decided to take on the meeting much earlier than planned, well mostly due to Soohyuk's fast and certain reply. Ms. Yang do agree of his terms and have talked to him in advance about hers... and just like what he's father had said... he can't turn it back down. After their talk over the phone, Soohyuk is now officially a part of the YB Family and engage. 

As the Mr. Lee stops Soohyuk from walking and fixes his son's tie, and nervously says, "are you sure about this? These people are tricky and quite vicious."

Soohyuk snickers, "if they were why did you recommend them to me?" 

Mr. Lee sigh heavily, "look son... I seriously didn't think you'd go for it."

"So you wanted me to oppose?" the son asked.

Mr. Lee sigh heavily again, "I guess I had some hope in me that you did and that you didn't... I'm just worried like your mother. Ms. Yang... is one lovely woman and a mother, but these kind of arrangements are nothing but business in the eyes of hers." Soohyuk nods. "I just want you to remember this son... I know about these arrange marriage stories. Been there. Done that. But I married for love. Not business. For love."

Soohyuk nods then sigh. His father slightly smiles at him and gives his son a small pat on the back then continues to walk towards the private room in the restaurant. There's no going back, Soohyuk thought. This is now or never.

The two of them opens the door and there reveal the sweet looking yet sophisticated and fancy Mrs. Yang along with Mr. Yoo and their daughter Ms. Yoo, along side her is a little boy who's in his 8 years of age, Yoo Jimin. They all stands up and the two family greets each other respectfully. Soohyuk and Young Shi makes eye contact. She smiles at him radiantly while he does the same but charmingly. Ms. Yang looks over the two and Mr. Yoo smirks. 

"Yoo, it has been awhile since I've seen you," Mr. Lee said, more enthusiastically to change the atmosphere. 

Mr. Yoo laughs a bit and the two CEO shakes hands. Ms. Yang flinches at their casual behavior. Both family sits down and food arrives. Soohyuk and Young Shi greets each other formally and shake hands... when all of a sudden, there it is... his eyes lands on her left hand, ring finger... it's only suppose to be called a ring finger... but her particualy left ring finger has an actual ring on it. Things begin to bewilder him. 

Young Shi notices his trouble look and moves her hand away. They make eye contact. "You're already wearing a ring," Soohyuk mumbles, but it was audible enough to be heard. Young Shi nods and added, "Yes. I am married." Mr. Lee and Soohyuk's jaw drop.

Hold up... If she's married... then wait what? "My eldest daughter is married to a handsome young man. He is a professor at Seoul University. They've been married for nearly three years," Ms. Yang announced. 

The father and son are totally confuse... "Then, who is the girl my son will be engage to? And how come we have not heard of her...?" Mr. Lee asks nervously.

Mr. Yoo shakes his head in pity... but Ms. Yang smiles, "She has not accomplish anything worthy for the internet to make use of it, but she is one fine young lady, pure and fresh.... My second child, the middle child, Yoo Moon Ye."

The two father and son can't speak. Soohyuk clears his voice, "please can you exlpain this to us more further."

The mother sigh and said with a smile, "My eldest married for love, now one of my children will be bound to marry for business. The second child seems to fit the whole concept." 

"Honey," Mr. Yoo calls out. Ms. Yang smiles, "Speaking of my second child, she should be here soon."

"Eomma, I don't think she's going to come," Jimin says, pouting. But just then the door swings wide open and there reveal, Yoo Moon Ye, the fiance of Lee Soohyuk. "You know nuna, she will not come even if you demand her to," Jimin continues.

Soohyuk and his father exchange looks. Mr. Lee glances at Mr. Yoo who sighed heavily as if he was forced into something he did not agree on. "She will come," the fierce and lovely mother said with a smirk. Just when the food arrives and the door opens, Mrs. Yang's lips slip into a grin and Mr. Yoo's eyes grows wide open. Jimin stands up in surprise and Young Shi just look plainly surprise. Mr. Lee turns around, follows by Soohyuk... who couldn't believe his eyes. 

What has he gotten himself into?

This girl looks nothing like his age, or near his age. She's short and small for him... She's too young. Too young. Soohyuk stands up and this girl goes up in front of him. What has he gotten himself into?

He scans her from head to toe then back up. Her hair was jet black, layered and long. Her eyes were brown, a fair brown and her skin tone was quite tan or golden. She wears all black, looking as if she just came out of a motocycle action movie. They both stare into each other eye's and the next thing he knows... 

"You're an idiot," was the first words that came out of . What?! Mr. Lee was as surprise as Soohyuk, and he glances at the family behind them. Mrs. Yang doesn't seem pleasant with her daughter's introduction and so was Mr. Yoo. Jimin smirks and Young Shi just shook her head. "Who in this damn foolish world agrees to marry someone without meeting them? What generation do you think you live in? 15th Century?--"

Before she could finish, Mrs. Yang has burst out, "Moon Ye!" The girl quiets down and sigh heavily. She takes a step back and introduces herself formally and properly, "I'm Yoo Moon Ye, the heiress of YB Resorts. Please take good care of me." She eyes her mother, who seems to be giving her a glare. Moon Ye sighs heavily and louder then added, "My Fiance."

Soohyuk flinches at the what she said. Fiance.. he can't... he can't do this... she's too young and that would make him a e...

"Ma, I think he already feels it kicking. The ia effect," Moon Ye says. For some odd reason, Mr. Lee laughs quietly. Soohyuk shook his head and excuse himself to the bathroom. Mr. Lee and Mr. Yoo follows... after awhile later, Jimin spies. 

 

 

Meanwhile in the bathroom... (this will be in a scripted format).

Soohyuk: This can't be happening (freaking out)

Mr. Lee: Son... hold up, maybe we can fix this

Soohyuk: We have to ! She's too young for me

Mr. Lee: I didn't see this coming at all... Not at all... I am too taken aback.

Soohyuk: She's too young and have ... have ... have ... have an obnoxious sarcastic little mouth. I can't.. I can't marry her. Or be engage with her at all!

Mr. Lee: Soohyuk ... (pitifully sighed)

Mr. Yoo: (walks in) Lee... I sincerely apologize for the surprise... but please don't say such things about my daughter.

Soohyuk: (taken aback) (bows and apologize) forgive me... I just... 

Mr. Lee: Yoo, are you serious about this? You're daughter is too young for my son. How old is she ? 12? 14?

Mr. Yoo: she's... turning 18 soon... 

Mr. Lee/Soohyuk: 18?!?!?!

Soohyuk: (walks in circle) Oh my god... what have I gotten myself into... this is bad....

Mr. Lee: Is there anything you can do? (to Yoo)

Mr. Yoo: (puts his head down) I'm sorry... there's nothing I can do. 

Jimin: (pops out of nowhere) you are an idiot.

Mr. Yoo: Jimin! 

Jimin: What? Nuna was right... who agrees to marry a stranger? What if he ends up with psychotic woman?

Soohyuk: I would be okay with it as long as she's around my age.

Jimin: OH I SEE! WELL IT DOESN'T MATTER. MY NUNA WILL NEVER MARRY YOU!!

Soohyuk: (flinches)

Mr. Lee: little boy... I don't think your sister have much of any choice either...

Jimin: (stomps his foot) She does. She knows what she wants. And she wants to MARRY FOR LOVE!

 

Jimin walks out the bathroom leaving the three men quite hanging about the last words he says...