two

Gay Break





Jongin wakes up tasting the drought in his mouth and feeling the ache in his head. He grunts as he tries to sit down until he notices the presence of Byun Baekhyun staring at him. But that's not what makes him scream but the fact that they're on the same bed. Baekhyun flinches. "Hey! Hey! Calm your , Jongin baby!," the guy says.

Wait, did he just call me baby, he thinks.

"H--how could I...," he takes a moment to look around the room. This place is not even near familiar. There's a poster of shirtless Chris Evans on the wall adjacent to the bed. Then there's this vanity on the other side with pencils splattered on it. What does he do with that much pencil? ".....calm down..?" he continues slowly. And then he decides to look at Baekhyun. "Is this..," he gestures at the environment they're in. "...your room?"

Baekhyun smiles, albeit proudly. "Well, yes." Jongin gasps and by impulse, he looks down to see if he still has his clothes on and much to his dismay, he's shirtless. Before he screams at Baekhyun's face, Baekhyun speaks, "Before you freak out, man, nothing happened between us. Like, ew, I'm not that desperate to actually break my own rule." Jongin's not curious what that rule is but just to have something to say, he asks anyway. "What rule?" Gays have rules? Oh yeah, of course. Baekhyun scoffs, "Rule number fifteen on my journal: Don't ever kiss drunken people. Handsome or not, " "

Okay..," Jongin frowns. "Okay can you let me go now?"

"What? No! You have to eat breakfast first.." the other says. He turns towards the bedside table and reaches for a tray. "Here.." Baekhyun murmurs as he urges Jongin to eat a piece of bread. "This is freshly baked.. just for you..." Jongin gulps, feeling a tad bit uncomfortable, but he munches on the bread anyway.

"Uh.. can I go home now?," he says, voice muffled by the bread in his mouth. He remembers how he hates Baekhyun—despises even. But for some reason—maybe the sunlight—he's not doing anything. He's definitely not okay. If Kim Jongin is okay, he would've punched or dodged Byun Baekhyun by now.

But it seems he's not.

Suddenly it's warm. Not the uncomfortable warm but the comfortable warm. It seems like it's coming from Baekhyun, who is now spreading peanut butter on a slice of loaf bread whilst humming peacefully. It feels weirdly like home, like they've been doing this all his life. "Jongin... I've been told," Baekhyun says, voice still in between a murmur and a coo, "Girls...they . They're only gonna break your heart. They you and then they're done with you." he clicks his tongue. Jongin feels a lump in his throat as Baekhyun brings a spoon of soup to his mouth. As weird as it is, he doesn't want to refuse Baekhyun now. He doesn't know why.

"Jongin...?"

"Uh... yes—what?!," he asks startled. Baekhyun snickers behind one of his hands once he's brought the spoon back onto the tray. "So, you're single now.. Will you date me then?" Jongin is halfway to consuming the soup in his mouth when Baekhyun spoke that instead of swallowing it, he spat it. Baekhyun gasps, "Jongin?!" He looks at his bedsheets in horror because he remembered how hard he washed them just so it would be as white as new. But now, it's once again ruined. "Ugh! Now my bed is ruined! Again!" He had a grimace on his face but then it changes into a solemn pout. "But then again," he sighs, "it's you. So, I guess it's fine." He offers Jongin a small smile to which the latter flinches. What is this?, Jongin thinks.

"I... don't really get it....?" he says to Baekhyun, in confusion. Baekhyun has his hands clasped together and against his right cheek, showing adoration. He sighs, "How cute could you get? OMG..."

Jongin flushes at the compliment. He's always known deep inside that Baekhyun is harboring this stupid little crush on him. But because he hates Baekhyun, he's always wanted to believe otherwise. "Uh, I've eaten your..." he looks down at the food on the tray and back up at Baekhyun and continues, "breakfast...? Ca-can I leave now?"

Baekhyun's eyebrows fly up and he blinks, "Already? You won't stay for lunch?" The boy grins even wider than the one he's been wearing since Jongin saw him this morning. He seems to have thought of a sudden idea and Jongin almost wants to die when Baekhyun continues, "Or, or dinner?!" Jongin almost chokes but he manages to say, "No! No... sorry, no. Please just--" He notices that Baekhyun's face saddened and he almost--almost--feels guilty. "--just let me...go..?" He says, hopeful. He almost loses it when he thought Baekhyun would go nuts and lock him up in his bedroom, tied up in his bed. But then the boy smiles again, undoubtedly endeared at Jongin. "Okay! If that's what you want." he says, a small smile on his face distracts Jongin. "Anything for you, Jongin." Suddenly, Baekhyun jolts and it seems he realized something. Jongin frowns and he looks up when Baekhyun reaches for something behind him and he recognizes it as his shirt. "Here," Baekhyun gives it to him. "I've already had it laundered. Smell it, it smells like me..," then again Baekhyun's face changes and this time Jongin recognizes it as a blush. "Oh! Sorry about that! Sorry about everything I did!"

"It's okay," Jongin hears himself say when he puts his shirt on. It does smell like Baekhyun. He doesn't know since when he started recognizing Baekhyun's scent but he does. "It's fine."

He knew something wrong was going on. He knew Baekhyun isn't being himself. Maybe a little, but not quite. "Come. I'll walk you to the front door." Baekhyun offers.

He follows behind Baekhyun and hears something shuffling over where he thinks the kitchen is located. He was about to ask when Baekhyun called out, "Mom! Jongin's going!"

"So early?" his mom calls back. Baekhyun looks back at Jongin with a corner of his lips up and the latter reluctantly smiles back. "Yeah.." Baekhyun replies, almost distant (literally, from his mom, and figuratively, from everything). "Okay," Baekhyun's mom says. Baekhyun turns back to look at him when they're finally at the front door.

"I'll see you at school, right?" he asks. Jongin frowns and he seems to read Jongin's mind because he continues, "I mean.. you won't be going all depressed and and be like cutting classes going lost for weeks and stuff...right?"

Jongin finally understands and smiles back because Baekhyun is cute; and why is he looking so cute and beautiful and adorable and pretty today? "Of course not. If I did, I would only be sadder at home, missing you."

Baekhyun blushes and he thinks. He thinks even more. What did he just say? Did Kim Jongin just say that? Jongin tries to think of an alibi but then—"If you do that I'll be missing you, too." Baekhyun says, flush still visible on his cheeks. Jongin clears his throat, "...uh yeah.. okay.. I-I meant-!"

"Bye Jongin!" Baekhyun suddenly says, pushing him away. "Ask your sister why you're here! Bye!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Weird, isn't it? Why was everything so weird with Baekhyun this morning? Baekhyun suddenly changes moods in a matter of seconds or maybe even milliseconds.

And Jongin's blushing! He's actually blushing because of Baekhyun! That never happened before—except when Baekhyun hits him right where it would hurt through his words.

He hates Baekhyun. This can't be. It must not be because.....he likes him, right? He's just broken up with someone—who for some reason he doesn't remember, by the way—at least that's what he concluded from what Baekhyun was saying. But it seems he does.

He does like him, but how? He likes him, but why? Just... Impossible.

"No way," he says to himself once he reaches the front door of their house. "No ing way, man."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hana was busy cutting carrots when she decided to call Chanyeol. She's still worried about the spell they recited last night. It was worrisome. She just could not stop thinking about it. What if something bad and unexpected happens to her little brother? Maybe being desperate isn't always good. Well, obviously it really isn't.

"Yo," Chanyeol says on the other line when he picks up. His voice sounds strained—probably doing his morning workouts again.

"Aye, Chanyeol," Hana answers. She sighs, in doubt of whether she'd proceed to ask or not. But then she chooses the former. "Can you explain to me in detail what could happen to Jongin? And maybe, if you can, tell me every reason behind it?" That seems to take Chanyeol by surprise because when he speaks again, it's not so strained anymore.

"Well," he starts, "there is only one reason or explanation behind what's gonna happen—probably what is already happening—to your brother." He sighs, might be in thought—Hana hopes not in doubt. "The Jongin you're going to see from today, comes from a different dimension—a different universe."

Hana feels a little too confused. "A different universe exists?" "Yeah..

There are many of 'em actually." he chuckles, "I didn't actually change him into a ually disoriented man but I just—we just...how do I put this..," he starts to think. Hearing Chanyeol hum in thought only makes Hana even more anxious than before. If the Jongin from now on is from a different dimension, then what if he doesn't recognize her? What if he doesn't have a sister in that universe?

Chanyeol's voice interrupts her voice, "We, like, looked for a universe in which their Jongin is exactly the same as ours. I mean, in every universe, there's a different version of you. There could be a universe in which you hate pigs, Hana. Just like that!"

"I love pigs, Chanyeol! How could one Hana hate pigs?!" she scoffs.

"I know. Exactly, right?"

"Wait, wait... I still kind of.... you mean, we exchanged Jongins with another universe??!" she exclaims. Chanyeol acknowledges her understanding by humming. She gasps.

"We took him from his own life! We looked for a gay Jongin. I mean he's exactly like our Jongin. You're his sister, he hates me, he thinks he can always put the blame on me, blah blah—only that, he's gay!" H

ana frowns, "Wait, this Jongin is gay?" Chanyeol hums again. "You mean he never fell in love with women? Ever?!"

"Yep!"

"Dude, dude.. But what about last night? He was supposed to be brokenhearted, right? By a woman! Now probably those women don't even exist!"

"Isn't that what he wished for exactly?!," he laughs, "But okay I know this is no joke, so I made sure to take things seriously."

Hana sighs, "Okay, spill."

"This spell is awesome like, I was really ing excited to learn this one in freshman year." he says, voice sounding totally excited like he's ready to get Hana mindblown by whatever information he's going to spill. "These other universe people are like 'universal'! They could be, um what do you call this, adjusted! They adapt! You tell them things, they adapt it. Weird, but yeah. Once you're transferred into another universe, you just live what your life is like there. You continue where the version of you there left off." Chanyeol explains, like the guy full of wisdom he is. Psh, Hana is mindblown.

"And then what? What about the falling in love thing? I mean the first guy he sees?"

"Ah, yes! Of course, that's a different spell!" Chanyeol says.

"Okay, so...?"

Chanyeol seems to be eating because there's a cracking sound from the other line. "So, for the first time, when he wakes up, the first guy he sees will be his next love.. The first day would be ridiculous as expected of magic. It would be the weirdest. I mean, unrealistic. He would suddenly feel like blushing or something or i don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?!"

"Wait. Let me explain further!," he munches again before he continues, "The first time is like, love at first sight.. But it's only for that day. The next day the feelings would be gone again. But for sure, the natural process of falling in love will begin. Like, if he is this guy's friend, they stay as friends but then Jongin, as days go by, start to develop feelings for this guy, normally and realistically."

"But what if the guy isn't gay?"

"Oh, I worked that one out! I specifically asked for a gay one.." "Like ordering at a restaurant...?"

"Yeah... like that..", Chanyeol laughs humorously. Hana joins him but stops when she realizes what could be at stake. This could just be another one of her brother's heartaches. "I just hope I did not make the wrong decision." "Oh, of course you did not." Chanyeol says, reassuringly. "You didn't."

 

 

 

 

 

"That was ing embarrassing!," Baekhyun screams.

"I shouldn't have been so vulgar about my feelings....."

Baekhyun's mother sighs for nth time now. Her son had been wailing and whining about being an embarrassment in front of Jongin. If she looks at it, according to Baekhyun's detailed storytelling about what happened when Jongin was here, it was not that embarrassing at all. "You're just overreacting." she scoffs, obviously tired of her son being childish. "Just think of it this way: you're just being confident."

Baekhyun sniffs, "B-but!"

"Hey! No more buts! We have to go grocery shopping today!" she opens the fridge to check and yes, "our fridge is empty. Stop your rubbish, child."

Baekhyun sighs in defeat, "Okay..." There's still a thought in his head, though.

"...in my bed, missing you." he hears Jongin's voice in his head say.

He shakes his thoughts away and that's when he notices his mom has gone out the front door, ready to leave him. "Mom! Wait for me!"

 

 

Maybe, he'll think about it later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n this is awkward this story and all the literacy behind it is awkward. i don't know what i'm doing

Pls comment so i can feel your presence 

 

dopefloat