one

Gay Break

 

 

It's been an hour and a half and Baekhyun is still not sick of watching Jongin getting himself drunk. Baekhyun is still not sick of staring at Jongin. He will never.---

 

Wait, wait, wait

 

Why is Jongin drinking again?

 

Again.

 

Sigh... 

 

We all know alcohol is not the medicine for the broken heart right?

 

Well, clearly, that's not what Kim Jongin thinks.

 

Jini finally left him. He's been expecting it. But mere expectance wouldn't make the heart break less painful. It still hurts. Fifth of all those girls; fifth of all his heartaches. He couldn't have tried. He could've broken it up to her before she did. Why do they even like breaking his heart anyway? Why is it always like this? What's wrong with him? He wants to make himself believe it's them that has it wrong. What is wrong with them?

 

"Am I that boring?!!" He shouts. He shouts like there's no one around. He doesn't even care if anyone out there knows him from somewhere else; knows him from the restaurant he works at part time; knows him from their neighborhood; knows him from his ex's neighborhood; or know's him from his History class—like Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun, Jongin remembers. He knows him well. He knows because he always sees him here. 

 

The first time he ever came here was when his sister came home from work in Japan. They came at this night stall to celebrate. To celebrate because she found an awesome job out there. To celebrate because she came home safe. And to celebrate because she came home with a Japanese boyfriend. 

 

The second time was Jongin's first heart break—Wooryeong. 

 

Since then he wouldn't come over for any celebration because the place would only remind him of his pain. That is until he got dumped for the second time... and the third time.. and the fourth.

 

And now.

 

He always met Baekhyun here. More like Baekhyun annoys him whenever he's here. He always thought the other made fun of him whenever he bawls like there's no more tomorrow. He would always tell Jongin, "You know, girls . Just forget them all."

 

He hates him. He loathes him, even.

 

He has this annoying laugh and these annoying eyes that would curve when he laughs that annoying laugh. He also has those straight white teeth—they're annoying. He would show them off by smiling rectangularly. And Jongin here wants to just die from drunkenness. Why does he even choose this place anyway? That he'll never know. 

 

He knows Baekhyun from his History class. How could he not, when he's always ing noisy. He always raises his hand just to say he doesn't know the answer. Every member of the faculty hates him. Everybody knows Baekhyun.

 

He always thought Baekhyun worked here. If so, he could've complained to the stall's owner and have him fired because he deserves that much. He would've celebrated instead of grieved. But then he found out from his classmates that he's actually the son of the owner. And then he thought it's such a waste.

 

"No, man. You aren't boring. You're not even a little bit.," he hears that same infuriating voice say. "Girls just don't know what they want. Girls ." He scoffs like he has all the right to. Jongin frowns. He doesn't have time for this. But then it seems his voice thinks otherwise. "Have you ever been in a relationship?," he hears himself ask Baekhyun. The other hums. Jongin let's his own head fall onto the table with a thud. "No.. I mean if only you could notice me. I mean I've always been much better than all those hoes." Baekhyun says. Maybe because Jongin's drunk, it does not register. He grunts instead. "Why do they always do this to me?," he slurs. "How could they? I mean, I always tried my best. Whyre the y..." 

 

Baekhyun pats him—albeit lovingly. "Jongin...," he coos. "Just let them be. I'm always here for you. You should always know that you can always have me instead." But then he hears a loud snore. Like always, Jongin has fallen asleep. 

 

And like always, he fishes Jongin's phone from his bag using all the familiarity he's come to learn all those times and calls Jongin's sister to have her fetch him. But tonight is not like always.

 

Tonight, nobody is picking up. 

 

Baekhyun tries for the fourth time yet no one is answering. Baekhyun is sighing deep when he thought of an idea. "Wait," he says more to himself, "what if I just take you home with me, instead? Isn't that a great idea?" 

 

He squeals in excitement as he calls for his mom who is already packing up to call it a night. "Mom! Mom! Let me take Jongin home! Pleeeeeeeease~?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wait, Chanyeol are you sure about this?," Hana whispers as she passes Chanyeol the strand of Jongin's hair. Chanyeol takes it, puts it into the boiling mixture in the pot and mixes it. "Yes. Didn't you say Jongin called telling you he wants girls to unexist in his life? That's why you asked for my help right?"

 

The mixture isn't just a mixture. Chanyeol says they're gonna pray some spell into it and by tomorrow.. "The first guy that Jongin sees will be his next love." Chanyeol snickers. "This is gonna work! I perfected this one!"

 

Hana stares at the pink smoke that's emerging from the pot and sighs, "Desperate calls for desperate measures..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...to be continued.