Relove

A September to Remember
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"I'm sorry."

Sigh. The statement, it finally came. I managed to silence him that night when I suggested to him to marry the one he's truly in love with instead of someone he had just met and absentmindedly thought as his fate. Well, to be honest, I wanted to use the phrase 'the one he pitied, felt sorry for', but I knew he would feel even worse to call off the plan that nobody else than the two of us knew, and should remain that way.

"You better. I told you not to give any expensive gift. Yet that fridge arrived at our place." I rolled my eyes, trying to lighten up the unnecessarily heavy air.

"That fridge...Jinyoung mentioned about the one in your house not working that well anymore."

"It's not like you guys are going to stay at our house anyway. And I don't see anything wrong with our fridge. Aish."

"Anyway, that's not the reason I apologized."

"Alright alright, apology accepted, no hard feelings. You know what Jerry ssi, I'm actually relieved I didn't get married to you, or I'd have to hear your nagging everyday. You know, I really can't accept a younger kid, same age as my sister to nag at me. Consider you did a favour for me."

He laughed a bit, but still with traces of guilt. Luckily the bride was so happy she insisted to cook for everyone and Mother too, was happy that they're both in Jerry's kitchen, cooking, not allowing others to interrupt them with the chores. It was a relief that Mother agreed to it without much fuss, well, it'd save her 'reputation' I guess although sadly, there's no reception or any sort of celebration other than a small family dinner for us, but I guess that would suffice. Isn't true love just fulfilling like that, that you don't need anything more but just each other?

And it was even more joyous to see two people who could've been together since long ago, finally united as one and to know I played a relevant role in making it happen since those two are such idiots who thought they could remain to be in denial, that they're strictly childhood friends who shared past together. Whoever said, you can't be in love with your friend and marry them? Silly kids. But it's all good, I might have lost another chance, maybe my final one. But, I gained more. 

"I'm very happy right now, even though I'm still worried for some unrelated reasons. You know, I just hope you don't...uhh, accidentally tell Jinyoung or anyone about my...working condition, or that we almost... you know...?"

He nodded and I made him promised to it.

"Oh, speaking of that, there's a favour I want to ask from you, about..."


A loud shrieking sound brought our conversation at the lawn to a sudden stop. It was JJ's voice. We spared no time to dart inside.


"Cherryish...?" I almost laughed at the sight of the panicked figure in robe, and JJ who still looked shocked, but much calmer than I thought. Somehow, I could figure out what happened already.

"Oh...aish, I'm sorry...I'm so sorry, I totally forgot to introduce you guys. But...haven't you heard of Cherryish?"

JJ only gave the most lost mixed with horrified expression, and shook her head, as I expected. 

Jerry knelt down in front of her, explaining everything about his housemate artiste, singer, so called. And to my delight, JJ had a disbelief, cringing look on her face, just the way I imagined myself to look when I first heard of this...'great singer' as he or she implied the other day.

 

Today is a great day and a great night though. Nothing and nobody could change or ruin it. Not even Cherryish.

In fact I felt slightly sorry for Cherryish as this human had to sit fully decked in robe at the dining table, not eating anything since it could be messy. Mother and Jinyoung seemed to try hard to be polite and pretending that Cherryish looked like just another normal person at the table when clearly, not. JJ though kept shooting glares to Cherryish.

"Anyway, so...what should I call Cherry? Ahjussi or Ahjumma?" She directed her question to her new Appa, probably knowing he could be relied more to actually give an answer. While Jerry had denied answering me about this previously, I honestly doubt he wouldn't give in to his sweet little new daughter.

Surprisingly though, he seemed to try dodging the question again, while looking at Cherryish, as if the latter's covered face would give him any answer he's looking for which should really be so much simpler.

It was only after a slight nod from Cherryish that he finally answered the question I had been wondering.

"Uhh...you can call him, Cherryish Ahjussi."

"Ahh, so it's a he." I snerked in response, instead of JJ, suppressing my laughter at seeing Jerry's expression.

"Y...yeah." He hang down his face as if he had done a grave mistake.

 

"Ahjussi...aren't you hot wearing that robe thing all over yourself?"

Cherryish shook his head.

"Is he mute?"

"Well..." I almost felt so sor

Please log in to read the full chapter