2. The Morning After

Call Me Oppa

“Oy! Wake up you secret lovebirds. Ah! I should’ve known your intentions hyung!" Who is that? Kai? Ugh. 

"Hana? Hana! Get up!” Kai’s cajoles woke you up, he was lightly slapping your back with the back of his hand. You threw him the throw-pillow you were clutching. Finally, it served its name and purpose. You thouthgt as you squirmed off the blankets. Last night’s movie time rushed through. I slept on the sofa with Xiumin’s arms around me!

Kai was smiling mischievously when you turned to him.

Xiumin was also awakened by Kai’s fretting but more probably from your sharp movements. He was wiping sleep off his almond shaped eyes and taking in last night's events, the look on his face was full of worry. “I’m so-”

“Save it hyung. I’m just messing.” Kai said almost laughing. “Come on. Coffee. Table. Talk.” He said disappearing into the kitchen. 

You grabbed your glasses on the table and fixed yourself.

“Ah Kai is so noisy.” Xiumin whined nonchalantly. He got up, stretched and draped his arms around your shoulders, well neck really, as he pulled you in a headlock. He was back to his playful self. "Did you sleep well, my dear dongsaeng?" he said as you followed Kai to the kitchen. He even had the guts to ruffle you hair. "Yah! Hyung!" You bellowed at the familiar act, the familiar aroma of coffee and tea and the unfamiliar feeling growing in your chest.

“So last night…” Kai said in a serious tone, eyeing Xiumin as you both settled across him. Underneath the table, Xiumin’s hands rested over yours for a second before he squeezed and let go.  It was understood that he will do the explaining, not wanting Kai to know the tender conversation you had at the verge of sleep.

“What? We were just watching. We were tired so we slept on the sofa. Nothing happened. I didn’t even remember turning off the player.” Xiumin said sipping his coffee. He said it with a plastered poker-face it was almost convincing. He didn't lie. At least not blatantly. It was true, they just watched and slept. It meant nothing. You kept saying in your head. It meant nothing. You were glad he was the one doing the explaining, saving you from Kai's scrutiny. You wondered if he was saving you or saving himself.

But you weren't saved really.

"Really?" Kai teasingly eyed you as he pulled out the tea bag from his cup. As you start remember what Xiumin purposedly left out of the story, you turned a pale red.

"What?" you almost shouted, rendering the younger in a look of utter amusement and on  the verge of laughing. 

"This noona is scary. I didn't even say a thing!" he said sipping his tea a little too loudly. 

"And stubborn too. She keeps on calling me hyung." Xiumin jokingly added.

--

Kai finally left for a schedule. Ah! Silence! Finally! Kyaaaaaaaa! you shouted in your head. 

But it was far from being silent in your chest, or your head. Thoughts of lat night lingered. Questions continued to bug you. Xiumin was in the living room now, watching some variety while you sat on the edge of your bed, fidgeting with your glasses. You remembered him removing it the night before, just before you fell asleep in his arms. There was a vague question you couldn't place.

Why was he suddenly so sweet and suddenly so nanchalant about last night?

Why did he let us sleep like that? It's so unlike him. 

Luhan sticks around him so much, so does his M members but he was never the hugger, the shoulder patter maybe but not the hugger. He seldom shared room with s too. Kai said their oldest hyung enjoys a peaceful alone sleep most of the time. He was also never especially sweet with anyone in particular. 

So what was last night? you couldn't help overthinking. Not many girls have that moment with a person they like, really. Most would probably be blabbering about it for a while. Yeah sure, but it's not you.

Hah! I'm going crazy. You concluded your thought and gave out an exasperated UGH! with all the feelings you could put into the sound. 

"Hana?" There was a knock. "Are you okay?" Xiumin said peering through the small slit he made by your bed room door. He didn't wait for your answer and poked his head into the door, his almond eyes questioning. 

You grinned a tired grin and covered your face with your arm, pretending to yawn. That was enough to drag him at the other end of the bed. 

"What is it? Is it Kai?" he said dropping his gaze at your glasses.

Your head snapped at him and your ams flung wide. "Kai?" WHAT THE HELL, KIM MINSEOK? 

TBC