The Truths

Midnight Stories

Taeyeon began to walk towards Luhan and Yoona but something unexpected stopped her from taking another step. She spotted someone was also standing there watching the two who stood near Choi mansion's front door. She knew that he noticed her presence as well and thought that this wasn't the best time for her to confront them.

'I'll talk to them later.' She thought to herself before turning to leave.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Luhan gently pushed Yoona away from kissing him and shot her a confused stare. The long-haired girl looked down at her feet, avoiding the stare he was giving to her that sent her the feeling of guilt. She shouldn't have kissed him. It was a wrong move. It was so wrong since she knew that he's with Seo Joohyun and it would ruin their friendship. But she had to do it. She had to make Mr. Xi pay for everything he had done in the past and kissing Luhan was part of the plan.

 

"Why did you do that?" He asked, narrowing his eyes slightly.

 

"Yoona." He called out her name when there was no reply. His expression was filled with confusion.

Just as she was about to answer, they heard a rapid footsteps on the grass, coming to them. Both of them threw their gazes to their sides and found Mr. Xi walking towards them with a smile plastered on his face.

 

"Wow, I didn't expect to see the two of you kissing!" He exclaimed contentedly, elbowing his son as he grinned at Yoona who was now locking her gaze to the ground, large pink circles forming on her cheeks.

Luhan just gave his father a cold stare then swung around with hands on his pockets and started to walk away from them.

 

"Where are you going, son?" Mr. Xi asked.

Luhan didn't answer.

He glanced slightly at Yoona as he asked.

 

"Are you coming?"

The teen girl nodded and quickly bowed to Mr. Xi before she followed Luhan out of the front yard.

Mr. Xi looked at their backs with a smile that showed victory, thinking to himself that maybe Luhan's love for Seo Joohyun was a temporary love after all and eventually he would forget about her. He smiled even wider at the thought of seeing his only son marrying this girl who shared the same features as his late wife.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Joohyun! Open this door!"

Mr. Seo had been knocking on Joohyun's door for almost a half an hour but the girl inside the room just stayed silent. She locked herself in her room as soon as the guards took her home and no one could enter her room since she didn't open the door for anyone including her father.

 

"Joohyun! Open this door now!" He demanded heatedly, slamming his fist against the solid door frenziedly.

Taeyeon quietly sauntered towards her uncle and stood beside him, watching him assaulting the wooden door with a sad expression across her features. Joohyun had found out about what her father did to her grandparents fifteen years ago and it must be really hard for her that she attempted to run away from home.

 

"Taeyeon, bring the spare key to this room in my office." Mr. Seo's loud voice breaking through her thoughts. She nodded her head and sprinted down the stairs to the office.

Making her way towards the office room, the flashing image of her two bestfriends kissing suddenly floated inside her mind and she stopped in her tracks, her body stiffened as she thought about her cousin. She knew that something terrible would happen to both families since the first time she found out about the love relationship between her bestfriend and her cousin but she didn't expect that it would turn out to be so complicated. Why did Yoona kiss Luhan so suddenly when she knew exactly what was going on between Luhan and Joohyun? Yoona was one of the nicest people she had ever known. She wouldn't do something like that though she was deeply in love with Luhan. A part of her wanted to believe that she had a reason but another part of her wanted to slap her on the face. 

She couldn't imagine what would happen if Joohyun were to find out that the girl who used to be her boyfriend's long time crush kissed her boyfriend on the day she wanted to run away from home to meet her boyfriend and her boyfriend didn't even do anything to stop her from kissing him. Taeyeon didn't even want to think about that.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Luhan glanced at Yoona who was sitting quietly beside him, waiting for her to say anything after her sudden action earlier ago at Choi mansion's front yard. They were already in front of her house, just sitting side by side in silence. It was very awkward for both of them and Luhan didn't like it.

 

"Yoona..." Luhan began, glancing at the girl one more time before he cleared his throat.

 

"It was just a kiss, no big deal." Yoona suddenly said.

 

"I don't know why I did that." She lied. Slowly she turning her gaze to the boy beside her with a shy smile.

Luhan didn't feel like he had to question her anymore about the kiss or why was she crying as she ran outside the abandoned house. He was glad to see this girl smiling again and that what's important. He stared at her and nodded his head, his lips curving a warm smile. 

 

"But I need to know something." Yoona said. She gave him a somewhat curious look as she placed her elbow on her thigh and propped her chin on her palm.

Luhan responsed with a smile.

 

"Hm?" 

 

"What were you thinking when I kissed you?" Yoona asked with a giggle, a mischievous smile on her face.

Luhan furrowed his brows. He lowered his head as he looked at his hands on his lap, a faint smile forming on his lips.

 

"I was thinking about Seo Joohyun." He said softly.

Then the stillness. They didn't say anything for several minutes until Luhan looked at the girl beside him once again.

 

"What were you thinking when you kissed me?" He asked.

Yoona let out a smile before replying.

 

"I was thinking about you and Seo Joohyun." 

 

"Tell me, what do you feel when you're with her?" She asked, a smile never left her face.

 

"It's like the whole world disappears, it's only me and her and when she's not with me I long to be with her." He answered in that deep, calm, serious voice of his.

 

"You really love her." Yoona remarked.

 

"More than anything in the world." Luhan quickly replied.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

As soon as Mr. Seo and Taeyeon stormed inside the room, the view of Joohyun was sound asleep on her queen-size bed welcomed them. Her face was as pale as her white blanket that covered her body, her cheeks drenched with unshed tears, and her lips quivered as if she was trying to utter something in her sleep. With all the commotion her father created when he knocked on the door, it was odd that she didn't even stir in her sleep. 

Mr. Seo sat down on the bed and carefully touched her forehead. He frowned. His expression went deathly serious.

 

"Taeyeon, call the doctor. She's having a fever." He ordered, panic was evident in his voice.

 

"Y-yes uncle." Taeyeon said and quickly dashed outside the room.

 

"My little princess...what have I done to you?" Mr. Seo whispered.

He took her hand and gave her an endless stare of anguish, thinking to himself that perhaps, letting his daughter to be with the one she loves was the right thing regardless of what was happening between him and the boy's father.

He kissed her forehead and whispered in her ear.

 

"I'll help you finding your happiness." 

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Luhan, my son. What are you doing?" Mr. Xi asked upon finding Luhan in the room shoving his clothes inside his suitcase in haste.

 

"I'm not your son. You told me my real father was Choi Luhan who died seventeen years ago." Luhan replied curtly, his face wreathed in anger and disgust.

 

"Yes, but you're still my son." Mr. Xi said carefully, slowly walking towards his son as the feeling of guilt rushed through him. He knew that his son was hurt but he could never tell him that it was just a lie to seperate him with the girl he loves.

Luhan pulled his suitcase and walked passed Mr. Xi hurriedly.

 

"I'm staying at hotel." He said when he reached the doorway.

 

"You can't do that. I'm not allowing that!" The middle aged man responded in a loud voice as he grabbed a hold of Luhan's wrist to stop him from walking.

 

"You're not even my real father. You can't tell me what to do." Luhan swiftly replied, yanking his wrist out of his father's grasp.

 

"Luhan! Comeback here, Luhan!"

Luhan heard his father yelled at him as he stepped out his room. He walked even faster, not even want to take a glance at his father.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Moonlight streamed through the sheer curtains. It was already night when Joohyun opened her eyes and found herself inside her dim bedroom. She remembered crying hardly upon seeing Luhan walking away from her and having a fever when she reached home.

She reached over to her nightstand and the lamp. The first thing she did when she clambered out of bed was running to her desk to retrieve her mobile phone. She hastily pressed Luhan's number and waited patiently for him to answer the phone.

 

"Seohyun..." He finally answered, his voice somewhat trembling.

 

"Luhan, I'm not gonna ask you about what happened earlier today. I know you must have a reason."

Silence took place. Luhan didn't say anything more.

 

"Luhan, you okay?" Joohyun asked worriedly. He definately wasn't the Luhan whom she had always known.

 

"Luhan..." She said again, gripping her phone tightly as tears began to well up in her eyes.

 

"...I want to see you so bad." With that, Joohyun ended the phone and sat down behind her desk with a million questions swamp through her confused mind.

 

Luhan stared down at his phone on his grip, pressing his lips together to keep from sobbing. 

 

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry..." He said repeatedly as tears streamed down his cheeks. He then pressed Joohyun's number and placed the phone near his ear once again.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Where's Luhan? I think he doesn't even know about our departures this wednesday." Taeyeon asked Sehun. The two bestfriends were strolling along the sidewalk that sunday morning and the sky was as gloomy as the look that they had on their faces as they thought about going abroad in just few days.

 

"He stays at hotel. I met him yesterday and he looked awful." Sehun replied and Taeyeon jerked her head to the boy beside her upon hearing his answer.

 

"Did he tell you why?" She asked with a frown, not expecting that kind of answer about Luhan. Sehun just shrugged his shoulders before replying to her again.

 

"He wasn't being himself. I don't know what's wrong with him but I think this has something to do with his father." Sehun said thoughtfully.

The boy took his mobile phone when it rang inside his pocket. He pursed his lips together as he read the text message and turned to Taeyeon.

 

"I gotta go. My mom wants to speak with me. See you tomorrow at school!"

And just like that, he ran and disappeared into the thick morning fog, leaving Taeyeon alone in this quiet neighborhood. The street was empty and covered in a heavy mist. Not even a single person was seen wandering in the area except her, making her the only person walking around in the neighborhood.

 

"Okay, this place gives me the creeps" Taeyeon mumbled with a gulp and strode faster.

A lone figure, silhouetted against a heavy mist stood across from Taeyeon on the street, seemingly watching the teen girl as she walked fastly along the sidewalk. Her lips curved up into a smirk as she began to step towards her but before she could even reach her, suddenly...

 

"Taeyeon!"

Taeyeon spun around to see Yoona running to her with her signature smile. Taeyeon frowned at the sight of her, crossing her arms together when Yoona drew closer to her.

 

"I was about to go to your house. I-"

 

"I know you're up to something." Taeyeon cut her off. She dragged Yoona by her elbow and took her somewhere away from that place.

The figure retreated and walked away.

 

 

"I saw you kissed Luhan yesterday and I hope you have a good reason because I'm so ready to slap you in the face right now." Taeyeon said angrily, sending the long haired girl an intense glare.

Yoona took a deep breath before she opened to answer her.

 

"I did it because I saw Luhan's father near the gate of Choi mansion."

 

"I don't get it. You kissed him when his father was around." Taeyeon replied confusedly. She looked at her friend taking out a journal from inside her bag and handed it over to her.

 

"What is this?" She looked down at the journal then back to Yoona.

 

"My mother's journal." Yoona replied in a swift.

 

"What does this journal have anything to do with you kissing Luhan in front of his father?" Taeyeon was more confused.

 

"Just read it..." Yoona weakly replied.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Taeyeon threw the journal to the ground and gave Yoona a long look of disbelief. Her jaw fell open and it took her a long periods of time until she could utter a single word once again.

 

"I can't believe this! Luhan's father killed Joohyun's grandparents. It wasn't my uncle." She said then the thought of her uncle trying to kill Choi Sulli, Joohyun's auntie, came across her mind.

'If my uncle didn't kill them then why did he try to kill Joohyun's auntie when she insisted of approaching Joohyun?' She asked herself.

 

"I'm planning to stay. I will not go to Sidney this wednesday. That's why I kissed Luhan in front of his father because I found out that he wants me and Luhan to marry each other when we're older." Yoona suddenly said, snapping Taeyeon out of her thoughts.

 

"I don't understand. What are you trying to say?" Taeyeon asked. 

 

"I'm getting revenge on Luhan's father. I want him to think that I want to steal Luhan away from Seo Joohyun so he would ask my parents to cancel my departure to Sidney. I can't get revenge if I am to send to some other country." Yoona explained, taking the journal from the ground and shoving it back inside her bag.

 

"So you're using Luhan to get a revenge on his father." Taeyeon stated. 

 

"I don't have any choice." Yoona quietly replied with a sigh.

 

"But what about Joohyun and Luhan? You better tell them about your plan or they'll think that you really want to ruin their relationship." Taeyeon said, kicking a pebble across the street.

 

"I can't tell Luhan. He wouldn't be happy to know that his father is a murderer." Yoona said as she sat on a bench nearby, tears glistened in her eyes. Taeyeon sat down beside her and gave her a sad look.

 

"I'll make his father pay for what he did to my mother." Yoona promptly said, clenching her teeth as she wiped away the tears that just came out of her eyes.

 

"Okay, that's crazy. You're just a seventeen year old student, what can you do to someone as powerful as Luhan's father?" Taeyeon asked, her eyes widened in wonder.

 

"I have something in mind." Yoona answered quietly.

 

"I have a such bad feeling about this." Taeyeon murmured.

 

"Okay, whatever. If you need me, I am more than willing to help you. I can't believe I almost slap you in the face thinking that you're trying to take Luhan away from my cousin." Taeyeon said, cracking a smile, soon followed it by a giggle.

 

"You have to beg forgiveness from my cousin for kissing her boyfriend." She joked, elbowing the girl beside her who cracked a slight smile.

 

"Anyway, I keep having this strange dream about my father for two nights already. He keeps telling me that I have a sister and when I woke up, the clock hit 12am. I woke up at midnight and I couldn't go back to sleep afterward." Yoona said, her finger tapping her chin thoughtfully. Taeyeon jerked her head up, staring at her in surprise. Her brain started telling her to reveal the truth to Yoona.

 

"Um, Yoona..." She quietly began."

 

"I think I have to tell you something...it's about your dream."

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Silence dropped between Joohyun and her father as they sat across from each other in the dining room. Joohyun just stared down at her foods with a vacant stare while Mr. Seo quietly ate his breakfast and once in awhile he would glance at his daughter whose her mind clearly was somewhere else. He didn't want this. He prefer the young lady to throw him questions or any harsh words regarding the things about what happened fifteen years ago than giving him a silent treatment.

Mr. Seo stopped eating and gave her a long stare until he realized that it wasn't him who made her like this. It was something else. And he wondered if Luhan had said something to her now that he believed that they shared the same father.

 

"Joohyun." Mr. Seo called out softly. Joohyun didn't react though, she kept her head low, staring at her foods blankly.

The middle aged-man took a deep sigh.

 

"Joohyun." He repeated, still in the soft tone of voice. But to his dismay, the girl kept silent as if she didn't hear anything that came from her father's mouth.

Mr. Seo stood up from his seat to approach her. He pulled up a chair and sat down next to her as he lay his hand on top of hers. They stayed like that for a moment until Joohyun finally gazed at her father and looked at him in a way that he didn't comfortable to look at. Her stare was cold and her eyes showed an icy lifelessness.

 

"I'm going to rest in my room." She coldly said as she stood up, earning a confused look from her father who was still sitting there petrified.

The teen girl turned around and headed to the door.

 

"Joohyun."

She stopped abruptly upon hearing her father calling out for her and glanced over her shoulder.

 

"About what happened fifteen years ago. It's not true, I didn't kill anyone..." The middle aged man softly said as he rose from his seat.

 

"Someday I'll find out who's right and who's wrong." Joohyun answered quietly.

 

"About Luhan, I can make him come here and-" Mr. Seo tried to say but was cut off by Joohyun.

 

"Don't ever mention that name ever again! He's the last person I want to see in this planet." Joohyun snapped without turning around to face him. Her father freezed in his spot, completely shocked of what had she said just now.

 

"Joohyun...but you said you love-" 

 

"I loathe him! I don't wish to see him ever again." She said in rage, her hands were clenched in fists. That was when Taeyeon walked into the room. 

Taeyeon gaped in stunned disbelief. She stood frozen upon witnessing the things that her cousin said to her uncle. Somehow feeling terrified to see her cousin's cold expression on her pale looking face. It reminded her of the cold-hearted Seo Joohyun.

Joohyun walked passed Taeyeon without even took a glance at her and turned to a guard in a black suit who was standing on her left side.

 

"I'd like to be alone. Don't let anyone come inside my room, not even my father." She ordered the guard before stepping out the dining room.

Taeyeon darted to where her uncle was standing and tugged on his sleeve.

 

"Uncle, what happened to her? Why is she becoming like the old Seo Joohyun? Cold and heartless...I don't want it..." She said bitterly. Mr. Seo shifted his gaze to his niece and gave her a sad expression as he placed his hand on her shoulder.

 

"It's all my fault Taeyeon...It's all my fault." Was all that he could say to her.

 

 

The night before.

 

 

"Seohyun...let's not seeing each other anymore..."

Seohyun was stunned. Never expected the boy she loves would say those words to her.

 

"Wh-what? I-I d-don't understand." She managed to say in her low, trembling voice.

 

"Seohyun, listen. I don't think it will work out between us. We don't belong to each other. We can never be together." Luhan stated. His voice on the phone didn't sound like he was guilty saying the things to her. His voice was stern.

Joohyun couldn't believe this. She told herself that he didn't mean to say those things to her. He wasn't that kind of person.

 

"You promised me you will never leave me..." Joohyun replied again, hoping that he would change his mind.

 

"But I am leaving you now! Forget me. Forget about everything that happened to us. I'm not the one for you." He said sternly on the other line and ended the phone just like that.

 

"Luhan..."

Joohyun felt like her heart was ripped to two and her soul was torn apart. A boy who used to be the one causing a smile on her face was now the only reason she shed tears, tears of anguish. She was right from the start to not let herself fall in love. She was right from the start that love gave nothing to her but sorrow and because of love her mother killed herself years ago.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Yoona sat on the second step of the staircase as soon as she jogged inside her house. The thing that Taeyeon had said to her earlier that day wrapped her mind and for a moment the thought of how her mother died vanished. She felt so much joy.

 

"Seo Joohyun is my sister...I have a sister." She whispered as a bright smile graced her lips. Then she took out a photograph of her father from her bag and stared at it tenderly.

 

"Dad... I promise I will protect her. I will not let anyone to hurt her...she's the only family I have." She whispered, tracing her fingers along the photograph.

She quickly put the photograph inside her bag when she heard her mother calling out for her. She looked up and found her mother walking up to her with a smile all over her face.

 

"Yoona, I have a good news. You don't have to go to Sidney. I guess you're so lucky, sweetheart." Mrs. Kim said as she sat down beside her.

 

"Really?! I am so happy! Thanks mom!" Yoona exclaimed, giving her mother a hug. She secretly grinned in triumph as she held her mother tighter, thinking that soon she would destroy Mr. Xi and make him pay for what everything he had done in the past.

The sound of the doorbell broke them apart from the hug and Mrs. Kim slowly stepped to the front door to see who was visiting them. Yoona stood behind her mother when she swung the door open.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"I suppose you have heard from your mother that she's not sending you abroad." Mr. Xi began, smiling as he sat down across from Yoona in the small livingroom. Yoona felt an urge to rip that smile off his face.

 

"Yes, sir. And I'm so glad." She forced out a fake smile.

 

"That's because you don't want to leave Luhan." He said. His smile became wider. 

Yoona responded with another fake smile as she nodded her head.

 

"I have always wanted you to be Luhan's wife when you two get older." He confessed, taking Yoona's hand and caressed it.

 

"But then Seo Joohyun came into his life." He continued, taking a sigh.

 

"But don't worry. It's over now. I don't think Luhan will ever get back to that girl." He said with a slight smirk.

Yoona's eyes widened. She was afraid to hear the next thing he would say to her.

 

"I don't understand Sir." She replied.

 

"That boy thinks Seo Joohyun is his sister. I told him his father was Choi Luhan, the one who committed suicide with his sister seventeen years ago." He said, his lips turned up at each corner, creating a devilish grin.

'No, no...Joohyun..." Yoona cried in her mind.

 

"Really? That means I have a chance to be with him." She exclaimed, forcing out a huge, fake smile.

 

"Yes. Now you just need to make sure he won't know about the truth. The day he will find out that Seo Joohyun isn't his sister, that's the day when he's already in love with you and Seo Joohyun has vanished from inside his mind." He said with a wider devilish grin.

Yoona sat still, still forcing a huge smile as her mind worked so hard to grasp every little thing that the middle aged man had said to her.

First, this stupid man hadn't known that Seo Joohyun and her are sisters, their father was Choi Luhan. He only knew that Choi Luhan's and Lee Yoona's child was her, not Luhan. Second, he didn't have any idea that Seo Joohyun was actually Choi Luhan and Choi Seohyun's daughter. He would never created this stupid lie if he were to know that Seo Joohyun and her are actually sisters.

'No...Luhan must know about the truth!' She thought to herself. But first she needed to tell Taeyeon.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Late at night Luhan stood beneath a tree in the garden of Seo residence, his eyes settled on the dark and quiet window of Joohyun as he remembered the time he had spent with her inside her bedroom. He didn't know why he ended up standing there at night when he had sworn to himself that he would never think about her again. But everytime he closed his eyes, he saw the face of the girl he loves and thought to himself that he wanted to see her each day even only a glimpse of her. He may not be allowed to be with her but loving her was all he wanted to do for the rest of his life.

Suddenly he heard footsteps from the distance and slowly he hid behind the tree when he heard the crunching footsteps on the ground drew closer. He didn't hear anything more for several minutes and stayed there a little longer until he heard a sound of splashing water. Peeking out from behind the tree trunk, he hoped that he could stop his heart from beating unevenly as he spotted Joohyun sitting by the fountain just a few meters from where he was hiding behind the tree. She was beautiful as always with her long wavy hair cascaded down her back and Luhan could never leave his eyes from staring at her perfect figure sitting by the illuminated fountain, bathed in the moonlight.

 

"I thought he loved me." He heard her saying.

 

"I was being such a fool for believing that he actually loved me." She added, trying so hard to keep tears from spilling as she said those words.

 

"Xi Luhan, as of today you are no one but an enemy to me. I loathe you and I will spend the rest of my life hating you." She declared through gritted teeth and climbed to her feet, leaving the place.

Luhan who heard everything that came from earlier ago just stood still behind the tree with tears flooding his eyes. He wished he could run to her and hug her from her back. He wished he could tell her that he didn't mean saying those harsh words to her. He just couldn't be with her knowing that they shared the same father.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Taeyeon just came out from the bathroom when she noticed her room had become dark and the window was slightly open. She could feel the gust of wind rushed to her skin when she approached her window to shut it.

 

"Weird, I know I've left this window shut and what's with all the darkness?" She mumbled after she shut the window closed but when she turned around she almost got a heart attack as she saw a silhouette of a man standing before her. The man promptly held her and pressed his palm against Taeyeon's mouth to prevent her from letting out a scream.

 

"Taeyeon, it's me Luhan." He whispered as he slowly released his palm from .

 

"What are you even doing here?" She demanded sharply, sending the boy a look of displeasure.

 

"I was about to leave but I saw guards everywhere around the mansion. I can't leave this place. The guards weren't around when I sneaked inside though." He explained. Taeyeon the light then grabbed his arm, leading him to sit beside her on a sofa.

 

"Okay, now that you're here I'm gonna ask you so many things about my cousin. What the hell did you do to her? She's becoming the cold-hearted girl once again and I don't like it." She said heatedly.

 

"I'm breaking up with her." Luhan replied softly, taking off his cap and brushing his hair with his fingers as he blew out a sigh.

 

"Why?" Taeyeon tilted her head slightly to one side, waiting for his answer.

 

"I can't tell you. Not now." He swiftly replied. 

Just then, they heard a creaking sound of the door being opened. They snapped their heads to the door in alert. Taeyeon's hand gripping Luhan's jacket.

The door slowly opened and revealed Yoona. Much to their relief.

The teen girl quickly shut the door upon seeing Luhan inside the room then dashed to sit across from her friends on the sofa.

 

"Luhan! You're here. Good, because there's something very important that you need to know." Yoona exclaimed, a huge smile surfaced on her face.

 

"What is it?" Luhan asked, leaning closer to her.

Yoona cleared . She looked at Taeyeon then back to Luhan.

 

"I know your father told you that Joohyun is your sister." She began.

 

"What? That's insane." Taeyeon said indignantly.

 

"Listen, she is not your sister and your father's name is not Choi Luhan." Yoona continued and Luhan gave her a stare of shock and disbelief.

 

"It's true that Choi Luhan had a child with Lee Yoona but the child Lee Yoona gave birth to was a baby girl not a baby boy. That baby girl was me. I am the child of Choi Luhan and Lee Yoona. Joohyun is my sister." She finally said. 

 

"I-I d-don't get it." Luhan stammered. Mind drawing to a blank, his lips parted and his expression had been empty. No life to it. 

 

"Your real mother isn't Lee Yoona, she's someone else." Yoona softly said, taking his hand and gave it a soft pat.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Joohyun tossed around in her sleep, she dreamed of her mother trying to say something to her and a young man who looked exactly like Luhan giving her a faint smile as she tried to reach her hand. Joohyun pushed the young man away from her with disgust, thinking that he was Xi Luhan, the one she hated.

She awoke to find her nightshirt drenched in sweat and quickly she slid off the bed to change. As she emerged from her walk-in closet, wrapped up in new nightshirt, she glanced at the clock. It was midnight and she didn't feel like going back to sleep.

Her phone suddenly rang and she wondered who in their right mind to call her at this time. 

 

"Hello?" She spoke reluctantly to the person on the phone but she didn't get any reply. The caller didn't say anything.

 

"Who is this?!" She demanded impatiently but the caller still did not say a single word. Joohyun quickly ended the phone call and threw her mobile phone on her bed but a few seconds later it rang again.

 

"Look, if you-" She answered the call angrily but this time the caller replied and she trembled from head to toes as she recognized the voice on the other line.

 

"Seo Joohyun, it's me... your auntie."

 

______________________________________________________________________