My Love Will Get You Home

One-shots Pool Inspired Ver., LovieB

 

Inspiration: 

My Love Will Get You Home by Christine Glass. Pairing: MyungEun (Kim Myungsoo x Son Naeun) 

 

   ♪    ♬  

 

"Babe, where are you?" He called as he twisted his body around to search for her around the living room, but she was nowhere in his sight.

"HERE" Her voice echoed through the whole apartment from the kitchen. His brow was furrowed immediately as questions were rushing into his brain. He walked toward the kitchen and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his stomach. 

"What are you doing?" He asked, eyeing her who was in her cute strawberry printed apron. 

"Cooking, obviously. We don't sleep in aprons, do we?" She replied and twisted her heel around to face him at her rhetorical question with a questioning look. His chest clenched slightly as her face came into his vision. Her big brown eyes were opened wide and the sunlight that escaped through the blinds shone into them, made them look softer and lovelier. Her pink smooth lips were slightly parted to emphasise the questioning look but they gave him the urge to rush to her and kiss her with all of his strength. Spotting her holding a spatula, he decided not to. No, he didn't want to get hit on the forehead with that. 

"I really wish you'd go a day without being sarcastic."

"It's hard, Myung." She replied and faked apologetic expression on her face, which Myungsoo knew too well that it was fake, but his overall attention was on the "Myung" that she just called him. He loved how she sounded distinguishingly cute whenever she said that.

"What are you cooking, anyways?"

"It's a secret." With a big grin plastered on her face, she replied. The curiosity made him furrowed his brow once again and tilted his head to one side before asking, "What? Why?"

"A special dish to congratulate you for passing the final exam." She uttered and gave him a smile, the really warm and sincere one that she always gave whenever she felt like he deserve it and the fact that he was her everything. The corners of his lips were tugged upward immediately, sending her back his warm smile. His midnight dark eyes were twinkling in such an irresistible way that she couldn't help but to stand there and stare into them for a moment. Neither of them spoke as their eyes were intensely locked together. They were always like that, communicated by eye contact and started to wonder if they were twins in their past lives. 

"You're confident that I passed?" Myungsoo broke the silence with his question, his voice soft and calm. 

"Very much. Totally. A hundrent percent.", uttered Naeun in her calm tone as if it was the thing that she was most sure of. 

"Why?", he asked, toally curious of why she was even more confident about that than him.

"I don't know. I just feel it." She replied with a shrug and that totally made him roll his eyes. He was quite disappointed because he was expecting something sweeter or more comforting than that, but wasn't so surprised because Son Naeun never failed to fail his expectations. That had always her; raising his expectations then dumped them in the bin two seconds later.

"Just because I told you I did 'okay'." He muttered under his breath before peeling his back off the wall and stood up straight.

"I'm going now. See ya.", added Myungsoo. His comment made her twist around to face him. Quickly, she set the knife down onto the counter before walking over to him. She whispered, "You're gonna be alright. No worries, babe." before leaning to plant a peck on his cheek. A wide grin automatically made its way onto his lips and his heart jumped a little faster than normal, just a little, he said. 

 

△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△

 

All types of voices and sounds that were mixed up together was echoing through hall, making it hard for him to distinguish which is which. His eyes kept scanning through the list of names which seemed endless. Finally, 'Kim Myungsoo' caught his vision and he mentally let out a deep sigh of relief. He quickly followed the line horizontally to the right and his gender, birthdate and many other personal information about him were displaying. His eyes arrived the last column which read 'Failed' in bold scarlet red. The world stopped that instant and his eyes were widened. He instantly felt his blood stopped flowing as all parts of his body felt cold and dead. He gulped down his saliva which thankfully snapped him out of the extreme shock. Impossible was the only word that floated around his mind. With all of his strength, he took a long deep inhale with his eyes closed. A few seconds later, he flicked his eyes open and moved his index finger onto the paper before started running it horizontally through his details information then his grade which read 'Failed' again. All parts of his body were getting weak again before he started insanely trembling. It felt as if all sorts of humidity was sucked out of him as his lips and throat were wildly dry. 'Non sense' was the second word that his brain was able to form. 

"If you're done, you should move. You're blocking the way. Others also need to see their results.", said a voice but none of the words seemed to go into his ears. He just stood there blanking, really blank that the scene in front of him just felt like a picture to him. A sudden weight landed on his shoulder and it knocked him to the ground. It brought back his consciousness. He felt the phone in his hand vibrating so he took a glance at it just to spot someone was calling him. Without even looking at the name, he swiped the screen before pushing it to his ear.

"Oppa. How is it?" A very similiar voice appeared and thankfully, seemed to brought him back more of his consciousness. 

"Naeun. Son Naeun." He called her name as he was trying to figure out what to say, trying to tell himself that she was the one on the phone. He was that pathetic. 

"You okay?", asked Naeun, her voice portraying all of her worries.

"I failed." Myungsoo uttered soullessly and covered his eyes with his palm. Silence conquered the line immediately as both of them ran out of words to say. A few seconds , which felt like the whole month, passed. The silence was wiped away when Son Naeun gulped loudly and faked a few coughs before started singing.

 

 "If you wander off too far, my love will get you home

  If you follow the wrong star, my love will get you home

  If you ever find yourself lost and all alone, get back on your feet and think of me

  My love will get you home, boy, my love will get you home~"

 

Son Naeun actually sang and Myungsoo was surprised at first, before finding himself lost in it. He loved how her sweet voice went perfectly well with the comforting melody. It took all of his frustration and anger away as it sent him to a complete new world.

 

 "If the bright lights blind your eyes, my love will get you home

  If your troubles break your stride, my love will get you home

  If you ever find yourself lost and all alone, get back on your feet and think of me

  My love will get you home, boy, my love will get you home~

 

Yes, I'm so lost, Son Naeun.

  

  If you ever feel ashamed, my love will get you home

  When there's only you to blame, my love will get you home

  If you ever find yourself lost and all alone, get back on your feet and think of me

  My love will get you home, boy, my love will get you home~

 

I'm feeling so ashamed and obviously, there's only me to blame.  

 

  If you ever find yourself lost and all alone, get back on your feet and think of me

  My love will get you home, boy, my love will get you home, boy, my love will get you home~" 

 

A smile crept up on Myungsoo's face as he started wiping his tears away. That's my girl. 

"How do I not even know that you sing?", asked Myungsoo, still couldn't erasing the smile on his face.

"Because professional singers don't sing for free." Naeun replied and Myungsoo could imagine the grin on her face by now, which only pulled his smile even bigger.

"Pfft" 

"Come home quick. I don't want the food to get cooler."

"We still have the congratulatory food? I failed, in case you already forgot."

"It's to congratulate you for being so pefect Son Naeun's one and only. You're so perfect, oppa, in case you forgot."

Just a sentence that made Myungsoo skips his breath while his heart started hammering hard against his chest. 

"I love you, Naeun ah."

"I love you, too and I guess you already knew that."

Your love will get me home, right?

 

△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△△

 
Words count: 1540
Story title: My Love Will Get You Home
Pairing: MyungEun (Kim Myungsoo x Son Naeun)
Inspiration: My Love Will Get You Home by Christine Glass
 
 
 
Suggestion for couples are needed for the other
stories. Comment below if you've any.