Chapter 8

My Sweet Cakes

“Wait, what?”

“I slept with Yuri.”

“WHEN?!”

“Yesterday, I met her at the club and I guess we went drunk.”

“Oh my god, JESSICA JUNG!”

“I know, right?!”

“You’re so lucky!”

“What?”

“Yuri’s y!”

“I don’t believe this. Why are you lusting over Yuri now? I thought you set your eyes on Yoona.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes.

“I’m just stating the fact. Yuri’s way ier than Yoona but Yoona’s beautiful.”

“So, how did it go with Yoona?”

“She baked me a cake and cooked up some excuse just to give it to me at my office.”

“She’s really sweet.”

“Are you lusting on Yoona now?”

“Get a grip. I just had with a y lady. Yoona’s yours.”

“Shut up.”

Jessica playfully smacked Tiffany on her forehead before running away. The two best friends were hanging out at Tiffany’s place. After last night, Yuri seemed to be more attentive towards Jessica. She was the one who sent Jessica at Tiffany’s house.

“So, are you together now?”

“Nope.”

“She slept with you.”

“She’s not a guy, Tiffany. She won’t get me pregnant.”

“No, that’s not what I mean. I thought you adore her?”

“She didn’t confess to me, yet.”

“Are you being a conservative now?”

“I’ve always been. Anyway I need to know if I really mean something in her heart.”

“That’s right. The way you’re telling me seems that you have something on your mind.”

Jessica giggled and then winked.

“Jessica Jung, what are you trying to do now?”

“Nothing bad; I just want to make Yuri see that she loves me.”

Tiffany knew Jessica’s mind was cooking up something.

-

“I’ve listened to you.”

“When you do something like that on someone, you have to take responsibility.”

“It was just a one night stand!”

“STILL!”

“I won’t impregnate her.”

“I’ll kill you if you do.”

“Yoona, are you even talking sense now? I’m a woman.”

Yoona was chiding Yuri for bedding Jessica and then forced her to take responsible for her action. So Yuri treated Jessica better and even sent her home.

“I know. And I’m aware of what I’m talking about but I’m courting Tiffany so please don’t spoil it for me.”

Yuri stared at her.

“YOU’RE USING ME?!”

“No, I’m not but Jessica’s her best friend and you’re my cousin. If you do anything wrong with Jessica, Tiffany might implicate me as well.”

“YOU’RE SELFISH!!”

“At least I’m not as selfish as you. You wanted to be irresponsible.”

“Oh my god, I used to have one night stands with many girls. They don’t mean a thing!”

“Idiot, those were random girls. But Jessica likes you. Are you going to treat her badly?”

Yuri gave up. She refused to believe that her heart was leaning towards Jessica. She just kept quiet and packed the cupcakes into the boxes.

“Seriously, you don’t have a tiny weeny feeling for Jessica?”

“Tiffany has got you where she wanted you.”

“I’m letting her.”

“You’re hopeless.”

Yoona ignored her words and then spoke up softly.

“I just wanted to give myself a chance to start all over again.”

-

Jessica was waiting in her car. Then she finally noticed Yuri were carrying the cake boxes and placed them carefully in her car. She was going to deliver them. Jessica quickly got out from her car and quietly hid in Yuri’s car when Yuri went back to the shop again.

Yuri finally appeared seconds later and got into her car. Jessica was hiding in the back seat. That stupid girl didn’t notice.

“Okay, where should I go first?”

Yuri was browsing through her invoices. She decided to head out to the furthest address. Jessica was still hiding; she waited until Yuri hit the highway; she showed herself. Yuri almost knocked into the lamppost at the kerb side.

“YA!”

Jessica giggled softly.

“It’s not funny!”

“Aw, are you upset?”

“Jessica, I almost killed myself and you without knowing!”

“I just wanted to surprise you.”

“When did you get in?!”

“I ran and hid in your car when you went to pick up the invoices.”

“What are you doing?”

“Can I follow you to do your deliveries?”

“What?”

“I miss you.”

“Are you kidding me?”

“Oh come on, I’m on leave today. I’m bored.”

Yuri rolled her eyes but her heart was thumping really hard. Jessica’s presence would always send her heart pumping.

“Fine, but you have to be good. No more peekaboo.”

“I promise!”

“Okay, now can you please sit in front with me?”

“Ooh, why?”

“I don’t want the cakes to be ruined.”

Jessica giggled again before climbing in between the seats just to get to the front. Her frontal body was facing in front of Yuri’s face. Her mounds were right in front of Yuri’s mouth. Yuri bit her lower lip before looking away. Jessica was still unaware.

“Can you please sit quickly?”

“I’m trying to squeeze.”

“Why can’t you get out from the door?”

“I was afraid you might drive off and leave me behind.”

“You’re ridiculous. Here, let me help.”

Yuri pulled Jessica’s stuck leg and the girl settled down beside her. She was all smiles and Yuri was clearly amused. She then drove the car off once Jessica buckled up.

“Are you going to stay with me for the whole day?”

“I told you I’m on leave.”

“Okay.”

“We’re on a date now. We’re on delivery date.”

Yuri just stared at her.

“What?”

“What date?”

“I’m going to be with you for the whole day; so this is our first date after our ual night.”

Yuri was bewildered.

-

Taeyeon was chatting with Tiffany when she came by. Yoona was busy in the kitchen. She finally finished her last cake and went to the front. She frowned when she saw how close Taeyeon stood next to Tiffany. And Tiffany was laughing happily. Her heart didn’t really like it.

“Yoona!”

She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Tiffany calling out to her. She smiled and walked over. Tiffany reached out for her hand and held on tightly.

“Buying bread?”

“I’m buying for my meeting today. I thought of cupcakes.”

“Oh? Did Taeyeon show you?”

“Yeah, I have already made my selection. Thank you for your help, Taeyeon.”

Tiffany smiled and Taeyeon winked at her. Yoona rolled her eyes.

“Have she pack them for you?”

“I was about to.”

“Then what are you waiting for?”

Yoona was glaring at Taeyeon.  The lady was a little curious.

“Are you actually chasing me away?”

“Yes.”

“I wanna chat with Tiffany!”

“I’ll take it from here.”

“Why are you so eager to get rid of me?”

An imaginary light bulb popped out from Taeyeon’s head.

“Wait, are you into Tiffany?”

“Shut up and go.”

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?!”

Yoona didn’t reply. She threw her apron at Taeyeon and pulled her away. Tiffany looked on with a smile. The pair disappeared for a second before Yoona appeared again.

“I’m sorry.”

“You’re so cute.”

“Huh?”

“You’re jealous of Taeyeon?”

Yoona’s face turned red but she shook her head.

“She’s not doing work.”

“Well, she entertains me as her customer.”

“I’ll call her then.”

Yoona was about to disappear when Tiffany caught hold of her hand and held her back.

“I was just kidding!”

“I thought you prefer Taeyeon?”

“Well, I think my Yoona’s cuter.”

Yoona blushed when Tiffany gave her a soft peck on her cheek.

-

“Yuri ah, is she your new worker?”

Yuri was caught in between Jessica and her regular customer, Hara. Jessica was already glaring at Hara who was shooting bullets since just now.

“Not really, she’s a friend of mine.”

“A friend of yours? Why is she following you while you’re at work?”

Hara was grabbing Yuri’s arm right then and Jessica yanked Yuri back to her side. Yuri was like a ping pong ball; she felt the heat.

“Why are you yanking her away from me?”

“Is there a problem?”

“Yuri, are you dating her?”

Yuri looked at Jessica who was glaring at her. Yuri swallowed hard.

“Let’s not fight now, okay? Here, this is your cake. And I’m giving you for free.”

“Why are you giving her for free?”

“Let’s not create a scene. She’s my regular customer.”

“She insulted me first!”

“Excuse me; I prefer that my cakes are delivered by Yuri ALONE!”

Hara butted in.

“That’s your problem. From today onwards, you’ll see me with Yuri OFTEN!”

Yuri was having a headache but she didn’t say anything much. She just gave the cake to Hara and dragged Jessica away. The two ladies were driving her crazy. Once they reached the car, Jessica pulled her hand away from Yuri.

“Why are you quarrelling with my customer? I thought I’ve reminded you to be good?”

“She called me ahjumma.”

Jessica snapped back.

“Okay, she was wrong. But you shouldn’t get mad at her. She’s a customer. You do know customers are kings to us, right?”

“She’s being rude. And why are you on her side? Did you date her before?”

“No, of course not! She’s too young for me.”

“So you flirt with her each time you send cakes to her place?”

“Not really, I just deliver and go.”

“Ya, right. I believe you.”

Jessica slammed the car door in Yuri’s face and Yuri was exasperated.  Jessica was behaving like a jealous girlfriend. And Yuri was bewildered again.

“What the hell did I get myself into now?”

She mumbled.

-

Tiffany was waiting for her prospect. Someone introduced to her and Tiffany was excited. She has always loves to meet new people; she enjoys helping people to plan their finances.

But to her surprise, she didn’t expect that person turned out to be Taeyeon. The latter was already waving and smiling happily at Tiffany.

“Hello!”

“So it’s you?”

“Yeah! I got someone to introduce you to me.”

“You did it on purpose?”

“Nooo~ I have always wanted to rethink about my finances. And I’m looking at some insurance policies but I’m confused with the products in the market.”

“Ah, you come to the right person.”

“Awesome! So, let’s start this again.”

“Huh?”

“I’m Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon pulled out her hand and stretched it out. Tiffany took it immediately.

“I’m your financial adviser, Tiffany Hwang.”

Taeyeon grinned and then the pair sat together. They talked about some policies and Tiffany was amused at Taeyeon’s dorky reactions.

“So, you’re Yoona’s friend?”

“Yeah, we know each other since university.”

“So you set up the bakery with her?”

“And Hyoyeon and Soo Young too. We decided to start a business and Yoona has talent in baking.”

“Oh, so you’re one of the shareholders?”

“Yeah, I have spoken to the girls about insurance but we didn’t have time to really sit down and understand this.”

“I see.”

“Yoona’s different from us. She’s daintier; more ladylike than the rest of us. She doesn’t drink; she doesn’t party. And she’s faithful to one person. Honestly, I wished I could knock some sense into her stupid brain. That girl has left and not coming back anymore but Yoona kept waiting.”

Tiffany nodded; she didn’t really know much about Yoona’s ex girlfriend.

“Are you dating Yoona now?”

“Uh, not really.”

“Ah, so you like Yoona?”

“Yes, but she’s still hung up on her ex-girlfriend.”

Taeyeon grinned widely.

“I’ll give her a push.”

“What do you mean?”

“She hates my playfulness. She’s always calling me a Casanova.”

“So?”

“Let’s date!”

“What?”

“It’s just an act. I can bet you. This will push her to step-up her game. We’ll make her realize how important you are to her.”

“Are you sure this will work?”

“Trust me.”

Tiffany agreed.

-

Yoona was reading her book when Taeyeon appeared in front of her. She looked up; confused. Taeyeon seemed determined about something.

“Yes?”

“You like Tiffany?”

“What are you talking about?”

“I like Tiffany too. Let’s vie for her affection fairly.”

Yoona was stunned. Taeyeon left her alone after that declaration.

“What the hell did Taeyeon unnie just say?”

Yoona was perplexed.

-