.2.

The Princess and The Country Boy

 

Chapter 2

 

 

 

A sob escaped as she glanced at the mirror. She was sat in front of her dressing table alone in her room waiting for whoever she was going to marry and his family. She didn't even look at his picture clearly knowing even if she continued to say no, her dad wouldn't budge. She was even planning to run away but her dad knew her intentions making sure she didn't leave the house for a week. She was locked.

 

 

"Dara sweetie, they're here." She heard her mother small voice through the door but chose to ignore it. Her mind overflowing with millions of thoughts. "Dara?" She definitely wasn’t a country girl and if she did end up marrying this guy, she had no idea how she was going to survive that place.

 

 

"I'm coming." Dara's voice squeaked a response, her voice filled with sadness. Her mother responded with a sigh. One last time, she glanced at the mirror; she wore a white dress that ended loosely mid-thigh with flats. Her hair was let down with small curls.

 

 

Slowly standing up, she pulled open the door to see her mother still stood there, waiting. Her face clearly displayed she wasn't cheerful but the latter couldn't convince her husband. Grabbing her daughters arm she rubbed it. "I know you're upset and you probably hate us especially your dad. Gosh I tried so hard to stop him. But this boy he's really nice and I'm not making it up. I know he will look after you and everything. If he tries anything fishy you will call me up straight away and I will finish him." Her mother chuckled lowly a tear escaping her eyes.

 

 

"Mum it's not like I'm leaving today." Dara replied wiping her mother’s tears.

 

 

"But you will soon. Now come on let's go see them. Be nice." Holding each other, both mother and daughter headed downstairs. All eyes landed on them as Jiyong's family stared up towards the staircase and smiled. Jiyong clutched his fingers together before following their gaze. His eyes landed on Dara who was busy gazing at the floor. But when she looked up, making eye contact with him, he was drowned back into her deep brown eyes.

 

 

"This is my daughter Sandara Park but she likes being called Dara." Her father introduced.

 

 

"Aigoo a beautiful daughter you have." Jiyong's mother commented giving her a hug.

 

 

"This is my son Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong…..Jiyong come here." His father spoke up ushering Jiyong forward who bowed at Dara's parents. Everyone sat down and gossiped away whilst Dara and Jiyong sat in silence. It was uncomfortable for Dara because she has never been this quiet in her entire life and now because of her marriage she's changed almost instantly.

 

 

"Maybe we should let the two speak alone." Mr Park suggested. The parents nodding in agreement. Within seconds Jiyong and Dara were alone in a room together.

 

 

"So?" Dara started. She needed to interrogate him before marrying. She needed to know what kind of guy he is. Her eyes scanned his face. He’s quite good looking. Dara thought to herself. Her fingers were tapping against her thigh and she scrutinised him deeply.  

 

 

"Yes?" Jiyong however cleared his throat to remove the weird atmosphere between them.

 

 

"What do you do for living?" Dara asked first.

 

 

"Well we own a..." But Jiyong was cut off by Dara.

 

 

"Oh you guise own something? That's cool! Have you studied?" Dara grinned. Maybe they aren’t poor. She thought to herself.

 

 

"Uh yes I have."

 

 

"Cool! How many girls have you dated?" She continued to interrogate him.

 

 

"Excuse me?" Jiyong was bewildered as the questions kept coming and coming.

 

 

"Aish okay forget that. Do you guise live in a house?"

 

 

"It's a cottage."

 

 

"Awwh that's cute. I've always wanted to stay in one. Hehe." Dara grinned. A small smile hovered on Jiyong's lips for a second before it disappeared promptly. "Do you want to ask me anything?"

 

 

"Uh not really. I've heard all from my mother." Jiyong replied.

 

 

"You're very good looking." Dara commented. Immediately heat crept up Jiyong's neck and landed directly on his cheek, making him blush. Another first. Jiyong wasn’t easily moved by words or actions but this one girl proved it wrong. His expression however didn’t change as he stared at her with the same stoic expression he walked in with.

 

 

"You're beautiful." Dara however paused her actions hearing him. It's a first anyone called her beautiful, either it was pretty or cute. The word beautiful brought out foreign emotions within her. "Uhm hello?" Jiyong waved his hands in front of her only to get her eyes blinking towards him.

 

 

"Haha sorry had a moment. And thank you no one’s called me that before." Dara explained, twisting a lock of her brown hair. She felt shy. She never felt shy in front of a guy before, well they never made her feel shy.

 

 

Dara looked at Jiyong. "Really? Well that's weird. How comes you're doing arranged?" Jiyong asked.

 

 

"Uhm daddy wants me too." Or should she say she was being forced. Dara thought. But the guy seems nice and he's hot and they own something which means they have money doesn't it?