Chapter 11

Seven Become One

 

  Chapter 11

          Hyunki said goodbye to his friends and then left with his manager and Dongwoon. When they arrived back in the car Junhyung was dozing. Hyunki was tired too and as soon as the van began to move he was asleep too. They had to pick everyone up so they could make it to one more radio program before they headed back to practice. Junhyung woke up as they picked up Hyunseung and Yoseob. Hyunki didn’t wake up until Kikwang woke him up when they reached the studio.  Hyunki was tired but he got up, he tried not to show the other members how tired he was.

            The seven of them practiced for hours. It was almost four when they arrived back at their dorm. Hyunki’s leg was killing him but he didn’t say anything he just grabbed an ice pack and headed to bed without even bothering to shower. The other members were soon in bed to after they’d showered. The boys were lucky, they next day they didn’t have a big schedule, although most of the members had at least one thing to do it was all later in the day  and Hyunki had nothing. They were all able to sleep in. Though for the second night in a row Hyunki didn’t sleep well.  His leg was really bothering him so he woke up Joonkun and asked Joonkun if he could drive him to the physical therapist.  Joonkun nodded and got up.  Thirty minutes later they were back at the dorm and Hyunki crashed on the couch hoping to catch some more sleep before the other members woke up. Just as Hyunki had asked Joonkun promised not to tell the other members about the physical therapist visit. Hyunki didn’t want the other members thinking that he was practicing to much if his leg was bothering him and he especially didn’t want Hyunseung to know for various reasons.

“Oh I’m starving,” said Yoseob joining Kikwang as they emerged from their rooms, “Let’s see what we got in the fridge….”

“Sssh,” said Kikwang pointing to the sleeping Hyunki on the couch.

“Did Hyunseung kick him out, why is he sleeping on the couch?” Yoseob staring at him

“Looks like he already got up, left and came back again.”

“You don’t think he went to go see TOP do you?” asked Yoseob letting Yanggaengie out of his cage.

“I don’t know, Big Bang hasn’t had a comeback so I think he’d have time to see Hyunki if he wanted to meet up.”

            Kikwang and Yoseob started putting what they had together for breakfast. As they cooked they tried to keep their voices down so as not to wake up. Yanggaengie followed Yoseob around and since the kitchen was small he ended up putting Yanggaengie in Doojoon and Dongwoon’s room, he liked sleeping with them.  Eventually the other members started to walk into the kitchen rubbing the sleep from their eyes. Junhyung was the last to arrive with his arm around a very sleepy Hyunseung who was carrying Yanggaengie and Junhyung had let Hyungnim lose so he was walking around somewhere.  Hyunki was still asleep though.

“You didn’t kick Hyunki out of his bed did you?” asked Yoseob when Hyunseung walked up.

“Yeah!” wined Hyunseung

“SSSSHH!” said Doojoon, “you’re going to wake him.”

“I moved out to the couch around seven,” said Hyunki yawning, “I wasn’t sleeping well so I decided to try the couch.”  

“And you slept better on that couch?” asked Dongwoon

“A little,”  said Hyunki taking a pit of the omurice that Yoseob handed him.

“Who wants to go on a run?” asked Kikwang gobbling down the last of his omurice.

“Not me,” said Hyunseung,

“I’m out too,” added Junhyung, “Hyunseungie and I are going to get an extra dance practice in.”

“Ya…” added Hyunsung grabbing Junhyung’s arm.

“Kikwang we can go on a run later, Before anybody’s schedule we’re going to clean and do laundry.” Said Doojoon.

“Aw” wined the members.

“Come on look at this place, dirty dishes everywhere, loads of laundry and we need groceries. Plus, Yoseob, Yanggaengie is shedding everywhere.”

“Yanggaengie isn’t shedding everywhere.” Wined Yoseob hugging and kissing his dog.

            But Doojoon’s word was law and the members were soon busy cleaning the place up.  Junhyung, Kikwang and Hyunki went to the supermarket after making a list of things they needed, while the other members started to clean the dorm. Yoseob and Doojoon started dusting and vacuuming, Dongwoon and Hyunseung got the laundry started and worked on cleaning up the messy kitchen.

            At the market Junhyung took charge with Kikwang pushing the cart and Hyunki following along. Hyunki just followed along quietly as Junhyung and Kikwang started pulling things off the shelves. Of course there were the usual things but they also brought Kikwang’s protein shakes mix, and Hyunseung’s pear juice for his throat.

“Kikwang, we don’t need any more chicken , how many do you have in the freezer already?”

“Hyung!” wined Kikwang, “I’m on a diet the ones in the freezer are going to be gone soon.”

“You’re buying fish for the rest of us, why don’t you let Kikwang get is chicken,” piped up Hyunki

“Alright,” sighed Junhyung rubbing Hyunki’s head, “since you asked so nicely.”

“Yes!” exclaimed Kikwang

            The three of them continued shopping and were soon done but they got distracted on the way back by the delicious street food, and even though they’d just had breakfast they could still eat. The three of them agreed not to tell the members that they’d gotten something to eat, if they did the others would wonder were their food was. They had been gone for over an hour and when they got back the kitchen was practically cleaned up and half of the laundry was done. While Junhyung and Kikwang put away the groceries Hyunki joined Yoseob and Dongwoon on the floor folding laundry. Doojoon and Hyunseung were getting ready to leave for their schedule, at the moment. It was then that Hyunki realized that from one to four he was going to be all alone as the other members had their personal schedule then.

“Ya, what’s this!” said Hyunseung tossing a manila envelope at Hyunki.

“You went through my stuff!” exclaimed Hyunseung. Taking the envelope.

“Anyo, I took your sheets off your bed and found it under your mattress.”

“What is it?” asked Junhyung walking over.

“Two different family registries and a picture of Geurim.” Said Hyunseung glaring at Hyunki

“Who has two family registries?” asked Doojoon as he emerged from the hallway.

“Hyunki apparently,” said Yoseob.

“It’s none of your business.” Said Hyunki, “and you know better than to go through my things.”

“How did you get a picture of Geurim?” asked Hyunseung.

“Please, you know better than to ask that. Where do you think I got it.”

Anger boiled up inside of Hyunseung, “you were supposed to give everything back.”

“I did,” said Hyunki gritting his teeth, “ I took the picture myself.”

“What about the registries, I thought you’d given up on finding your parents. Does  TOP know?”

“My family is none of your business.” Said Hyunki walking towards Hyunseung until he was a foot away from him and stared at him in the eye, “as for Seunghyun, he helped me locate the other registry.”

Doojoon let out a sigh as Hyunki grabbed his clothes and headed towards his room.

“Junhyung keep an eye on them two please, and Hyunseung please just hold your temper. No more fighting please, it’s making us all stressed.”

            Hyunseung and Doojoon left for their schedule and the other members finished cleaning up and then just relaxed. Yoseob and Kikwang were going to go for a run before their schedule, they tried to get Junhyung and Dongwoon to join them but both were going to hang out at the dorm. Junhyung was probably going to do some composing and Dongwoon was probably going to talk on their fancafe. They tried to get Hyunki to joined them but he’d locked himself in the bedroom and wasn’t responding to anyone, even Kikwang.

            Hyunki couldn’t believe what Hyunseung had done. He’d deliberately gone through his things. That’s the only way he would’ve been able to find the envelope as he’d taken grate care to hide it where no one would find it. Right now everyone thought that TOP was his brother now they were all going to want to ask him about the second registry. And Hyunki wasn’t ready to bring that up. He was still dealing with it himself. Hyunseung had no right to do what he’d done, he felt betrayed for the second time, but this time it felt a hundred times worse than the first time. He wasn’t exactly proud of hiding his past but he wasn’t ready to share it either.

            Eventually the other members left for their schedules too, leaving Hyunki at the dorm with Yanggaengie and Hyungnin. Hyunki decided to do Junhyung and Yoseob a favor and take the dogs out for a walk to give them some exercise and to help clear his head, but even that didn’t help much and he eventually went to the practice studio. Dancing had always been his way of clearing his mind and letting out the stress.

“You alright?” asked Junhyung when he arrived at the practice room with Doojon, Yoseob and Kikwang after their schedules.

“No,” sighed Hyunki, “but there’s nothing I can do about it. What’s been done has been done and I can’t change that.”

            The four of them started to warm up and ten minutes later the rest of the group arrived and they started practiced. They had three songs to work on plus some chorography for a special performance. The seven of them worked for hours perfecting their chorography and making sure they were in sync. Once again Hyunki’s leg was bothering him but he didn’t say anything. He could take care of it later. The group was taking a five minute breather when Jiyong knocked on the door and came in.

“Hyunki?”

“Yes, Hyung,” said Hyunki.

“There’s a kid here to see you, he said to give you this.” Said Jiyong handing Hyunki a leather bracelet.

Hyunki took one look at the bracelet and quickly got up and left the room. The other members glanced at each other and then followed Hyunki out of the studio wonder what kid would make Hyunki have such a worried expression on his face.

Who do you think the kid is? and why does Hyunki have two family registries? Let me know your thoughts and please subscribe, I wil try to add more OTP throughout the chapters. But right now I really love writing Junseung and Kiseung but more will come.