Dear : part 2

Covert and Classified

Dear : part 2

 

Rue de Violet, Montmartre, Paris.
0245
hours

 

The agency had numerous safe houses around the world. There happened to be two in France, one in Lyon near Interpol headquarters; and another one in Paris which they were heading to.

Rue de Violet was a tiny street on the edge of Montmartre in the 18th arrondissement; where there were slopes upon slopes of stairs and scenic views of Paris. It was a few minutes walk to Sacre Coeur and not far from the Moulin Rouge.

It was a nitty gritty part of Paris, but Naeun didn't mind; it was the den of synonymous artists like Modigliani and Picasso and her personal favourites; Degas and Monet. She loved it there; everything was soo bright and colourful with cultures intermingling.

 

When they finally reached the apartment which was on the top floor; again another five flights of stairs had to be conquered. The door only opened when they had their irises and thumbprints scanned and pressed in a 10 digit code. Naeun found it extremely excessive but nothing was ever too excessive for the agency.

 

When they finally entered the apartment, she dragged her feet to the bed and sat down with a loud thud. Shrugging Myungsoo's jacket off and then stripping of her jumpsuit leaving her in a black spaghetti strap tank top and elastic shorts.

She ignored Myungsoo's gaze that landed on her despite trying to act like he was unpacking his bag. He had seen more than that and yet he still stared.

She was overexposed in his eyes, her milky skin that he longed to touch made him gulp. The black fabric a stark comparison to her snow white complexion.

 

He took out a bottle from his bag and passed it to her, she accepted it gratefully murmuring a thanks.

It was one of Namjoo's genius herbal remedies; a medicated oil that sent a cooling sensation to her skin, it also smelled of rosehip and lavender and was much better than the ones on the Chinese herbal markets.

She gently rubbed the oil on her bruises that she had earned tonight when he came over and massaged her shoulders.

Naeun groaned in response and tilted her head back. Damn, his hands always knew what they were doing.

 

“You were late” she muttered, eyes closed.

“I know, I'm sorry. It took longer than expected to deal with those idiots at Interpol”

“They are idiots” she pointed out nonchalantly.

“I'm sorry”

“It's okay” Naeun sighed whilst caressing her knee which stung slightly but she was used to having bruises by now.

 

Myungsoo however felt extremely guilty.
A profound silence stretched inbetween the usually bright couple, when he broke it.

 

“No. No. It's not okay. As your partner for this mission I should have had your back. I should have protected you”

“I can handle myself Myungsoo” she shook her head.

“But I should have been there. You wouldn't be hurt! ” He said frustatedly messing his hair.

“You forget Kim Myungsoo. I'm also an agent. I have been trained in hand-to-hand combat and mission procedure”

“Naeun I know-” but he was cut of my a sharp Naeun.

“What we do is our jobs”

“Screw our jobs! I can't stand seeing you like this!”

“Then don't be my partner! Stop volunteering to take my missions! You let your rage take over and almost bloody murdered the target!” she exploded in his face and stormed off to the balcony.

 

The cold air hit her face and a flash of goose pimples spread on her arm. She grasped the railing tightly till her knuckles turned white and a soft whimper left her quivering lips.

You could see all of Paris from there. She spotted the Eiffel Tower sticking out like a sore thumb, the Centre Georges de Pompidou and even the golden dome of Invalides where Napoleon was said to be entombed.

She sighed and brushed a few tears back that threatened to fall. Something warm was wraped around her bare shoulders, a knit cardigan made of dark Scottish wool that she occasionally bundled up in when she slept with him. A pair of arms s around her petite waist. She fell back into his embrace and he pulled her close.

 

“I hate it when we fight” he sighed.

“Nado” she replied eyes unmoving from the glittering lights of Paris.

“I'm sorry I was being a jerk”

“At least you know it” she said, he frowned but didn't dare to fight back. He didn't like the idea of sleeping on the couch.

“I know you can handle yourself. I've seen you do it many times. I know you're capable of taking down opponents way bigger than you”

“I took you down once remember? ” she asked, trying to hold back a smirk.

“How can I forget?” he snorted, replaying the embaressing moment in his head. He shook his head at the scarring memory.

Laughter bubbled to her lips after seeing him so vulnerable and she turned around to face him.


“I'll forever remember that” she beamed.

“Please don't remind me” he rolled his eyes.
He slid his palm up her back, sending a shiver down her spine where he touched.


“Am I forgiven?” he whispered, leaning in so close that their foreheads touched until their noses brushed against each others.
She let out a breathless sigh just before his lips met hers in an eloquent kiss.

When they finally pulled away she panted heavily, trying to find her breath.

“Damn you Kim Myungsoo” the words came out if in a huff.

“I love you too”

 

He brought her to the bed, lips still glued against each other and her arms wrapped around his neck. The hearth of the fireplace was lit in a warm glow, the place felt cozy.

Her back fell on the white sheets and she pulled away from him with a groan.

“Yah! I was enjoying the view”

“Won't you enjoy this view more?”he gestured to himself.

“Conceited much?” she snorted before he trailed kisses down her jaw until her collarbone, eliciting a moan from Naeun.

“You were saying?” he murmured, his hot breath tickling the sensitive skin on her neck as he pushed her softly onto the bed.

The straps of her tank top were slowly falling off her shoulder and somehow his hands had found their way under the fabric. His lips slanted on hers again and this time his tounge swipped against her; pleading for entrance.

She abruptly broke the intense kiss and pushed him away slightly. He attempted to renitiate the skinship but she quickly pulled away from his hold earing a pout from the man.

 

“Not tonight Myungsoo. I'm tired”she sighed caressing his cheek.

He continued to pout but gave up seeing how exhausted she was.

“Okay. I'm going to take a shower" he quickly pecked her forehead; in response she giggled like a schoolgirl.

“What's so funny?” he asked quizzically, an eyebrow propped up.

 

“You hate showering” she laughed; the sweet sound tumbling out of her lips so effortlessly.