TaeNy: Personal Speculation

Random SNSD Facts


TAEYEON is a femme lesbian, also known as lipstick lesbian, which is the more feminine counterpart of the well-known, sometimes stereotypical, butch version. Taeyeon is naturally introverted, and her covert personality makes it difficult for people to know what’s really going on inside her head. As a fan, I only know her to a certain degree. But as a person of the same preference, it’s safe to say that I relate to her on a higher level than most people. Taeyeon looks feminine, acts feminine, is actually very feminine. However, in terms of homouality, femininity is nothing but another trait.

 

Taeyeon coops up a lot of emotions inside of her and she can only express them when she sings, a reason why every ballad stage she performs gets very emotional and poignant. I’d say a lot of people, particularly her members, know about her being lonely and emotionally distant, yet only a few of them can actually reach out and touch her, e. i. Tiffany and Sunny. I assume this is because Taeyeon feels most comfortable with them and that she trusts them very much. Her IG account proves a lot.

 

I personally think that her being a queer is one her biggest burdens—that’s why she’s introverted. Some queers tend to keep to themselves, thinking that it’s better to have everything under wraps because there’s no judgment and no one has to label you or discriminate you when the secret remains as it is. It’s difficult enough to live in a country where homouality is frowned upon but it is more difficult to be in an industry where you’re scrutinized in every aspect you can think of. In order to save face and cope with it, she puts up a straight, outgoing front that can make a fool out of anyone but can also make the straightest girl in the world gay.

 

Now, she may have dated a few men like Leeteuk (based on rumors that may or may not be true) before, however, dating the opposite does not guarantee the heterouality of a person. I can personally confirm this. At times, albeit somewhat cruel, a gay person will date the opposite gender to keep up the straight façade that she hides in, or she may date him to ‘try and see’ if she’s only confused or is a biual.

 

TaeNy is the most popular Girls’ Generation couple to be ever shipped. The Taeyeon and Tiffany pairing seems so real, it pushes some shippers to believe in them to the point of being delusional. I believe that they have unique feelings for each other. Stronger than friendship, better than romance. But despite these, they choose to repress their feelings because of the circumstances they’re in.

 

The ship was still stable after Tiffany’s scandal with a man (which destroyed many hearts of avid shippers) broke out and it continued as it is until the rumor died down. The scandal did not estrange this ship, if anything, it made it unsinkable. Where there is Taeyeon, there is Tiffany and vice versa. And the fact that Taeyeon and Tiffany are too touchy feely (even for Asian girls) when in contrary, she gets very awkward if it was some other person, only fed the fire and made it grow bigger. They probably have physically interacted (kiss or more) already, especially when a few airport pictures revealed mysterious fading bruises on both Taeyeon and Tiffany’s necks.

 

But what makes them even more real are the subtle gestures that either girl do for the other on and off camera. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Taeyeon look so endearingly at someone like she does with Tiffany. She has the eyes of love.

 

So, are they dating? You don’t have to date officially just to prove that you love each other. That, I’m sure. Like I said, Korea is conservative and the media is keen.

Some of you might disagree with me, might even jump to conclusions and say negative things, but remember, this is only a speculation about how Taeyeon might be secretly gay. Also, don’t say stuff like I’m judging or insulting your bias because I say she’s an in-closet lesbian. Well, what if she really is gay? There’s nothing wrong with being gay. Don’t hurl hypocritical religious passages at me. My God is not a judgmental homophobe.