Two

Gotta be Stronger ★

Lying down at home, Minah was staring at her phone. Willing it to alert her to MinSoo’s condition, MinAh couldn’t help but think this was all her fault. They’d gotten in a fight the other day and they hadn’t talked since then. Minah had expected him to show up at her apartment with flowers and saying sorry like usual, but this time he didn’t. Honestly when she’d been woken up by the phone call that morning she thought it was MinSoo and in her half asleep state she even spoke his name into the phone.

Then Byunghun told her what happened…told her to stay home and wait for more news instead of coming to the hospital. Maybe he just didn’t want her to be upset by seeing Minsoo, but Minah was upset by that command. Yet she stayed at home and stared at the picture of them together on her wallpaper. Touching her thumb to the phone, Minah his face and frowned as the touch screen on the phone moved some, threatening to go to another page. Refraining from touching the screen after that, Minah simply stared until the phone went black, sleeping until it’d be awoken by a push of the button.

Sighing, Minah rolled over on her bed, bringing her phone with her and holding it tight to her chest now.  Thinking back to the last time they fought, Minah could remember it like it just happened….

--------

Minah hadn’t heard from MinSoo in a few hours despite her persistent calls and texts. They’d planned to meet up for lunch and he just never showed up. So, going to his apartment, Minah found the door was unlocked and entered after briefly knocking. No one was in the living room so she stormed towards MinSoo’s room and there they were. MinSoo was sitting on the ground with his head back on the bed and some half girl in his bed.

Is this why you ing didn’t come to lunch? To some !?” Minah was furious. Maybe it wasn’t what it appeared to be…but she was only wearing a tee shirt and and she was asleep in MinSoo’s bed. MinSoo’s eyes suddenly popped open and he looked towards Minah, eyes blurry and obviously out of it. Great, he was high too. “God Dammit Minsoo….” Minah cursed again and then turned to leave. MinSoo reached to grab her hand, trying to stop her, but Minah quickly pulled her hand away.

No wait Minah!” MinSoo called after her, stumbling to his feet. Minah didn’t stick around though. She heard the sound of MinSoo knocking into his dresser as it shook and items fell to the ground, she could also hear the familiar sound of springs moving in MinSoo’s bed showing that the girl was probably getting up too. “No Minah! I swear it’s not that!” MinSoo called after Minah, following her.

I don’t care what it is Minsoo. I’m finished. You’re free to do whatever or whoever you want!” This was the end of them…she was through with the drugs and the cheating and the lying. She deserved better than this! Pulling the door open, Minah was going to head home and just forget this happened. Before she could though, MinSoo grabbed her again and pulled her against his bare tattooed chest, pushing the door shut. Fighting back, Minah pushed him away and shook her head, hair flying everywhere. “No! Stop!” Minah yelled out, trying so hard to be strong for once.

Minah I love you, don’t go!” She couldn’t stay though, especially not when she saw the other girl hovering from his bedroom. Minah had allowed herself a moment of weakness as he pulled her close again, saying those words to her however once she saw the girl again, Minah pushed away from MinWoo and slapped him. “No you don’t, not if you’re doing that.” Minah then pulled the door open again and stormed off. MinSoo didn’t follow though. Maybe it was because the girl stopped him or maybe because he didn’t want to follow, either way Minah left and called Byunghun once she got home, needing him to calm her down before she did anything stupid.

------

Groaning, Minah climbed out of bed and went to her kitchen to make herself something to eat. She didn’t really have an appetite but it was better than just lying in bed and waiting for news. With her phone clutched in her hand though, Minah refused to miss a call or text by absently leaving her phone on her bed. It didn’t take her long to get to the kitchen since her bedroom was also her living room and her dining room. There was a half wall dividing the main part of the apartment from the kitchen but that was also because cabinet space was needed so the half wall had some cabinets.

Putting some bread in the toaster, Minah leaned against her fridge and stared into space. Feeling her phone vibrate in her hand though, Minah jumped, almost dropping the phone in her haste to answer the phone call from Byunghun.

Is he okay?!” She didn’t care about formalities right now…there was no point. There was silence on the other side of the phone for a second, causing Minah’s heart to practically stop. “Byunghun-ah?” Minah asked, tears falling down her face without her even realizing it.

Minah-yah…he’s…Minsoo didn’t make it.” Minah heard the words come from the phone but as soon as the words came through her brain shut down. He didn’t make it? He was dead?! Minsoo was dead?! Stomach twisting and heart pounding hard against her chest, Minah couldn’t breathe. Dropping to her knees, Minah stared blankly at the ground. She couldn’t feel the tears as they fell down her face, nor could she hear Byunghun on the other side of the phone calling out to her.

Suddenly she snapped. This WAS all her fault. Minah didn’t know exactly what happened but remembering the fight….she KNEW it was ALL HER FAULT. Standing up, Minah lashed out to the first thing she could, which was a stack of dirty dishes on her sink. They crashed to the ground, shattering into a million pieces. Minah didn’t stop there. Starting a rampage through her apartment, Minah started to knock things over in a rage, so angry and upset with herself. MinSoo shouldn’t have died. He should have been with her and they should have been happy!