One

Gotta be Stronger ★

They were too young to die. Byunghun figured they’d live together forever, just the three of them fighting off the world. They were young and strong and living way too fast. MinSoo was living the fasted and while it scared Byunghun and Minah, he seemed to be handling himself. Of course they didn’t see everything. They didn’t see that he did this to cope for a part that was missing in his heart. MinSoo was constantly searching for more, never satisfied. When he wasn’t satisfied from life’s natural high, MinSoo turned to drugs. When he wasn’t satisfied with his relationship with Minah, he’d cheat. He went out and drank and gambled and it didn’t matter that he was sick the next morning every time because it was worth it to Minsoo. He didn’t realize he was hurting his friends…or if he did he didn’t care. Not enough to change anyways. Not enough to slow down so he wouldn’t slam face first into a wall.

But that’s what happened. MinSoo wasn’t able to stop and finally one night it caught up to him.

 

ByungHun was exhausted. He just wanted to go home and sleep, which was his plan. Dragging his feet and yawning a large yawn, the young male climbed the two flights of stairs to get to his apartment he shared with MinSoo. Once he got to the bright red apartment door, Byunghun started to tug his jacket off and fished in his pocket for his key. Upon finding it, he stuck it into the lock only to realize the door was already unlocked. Sighing, Byunghun shook his head and figured it was unlocked because MinSoo was still awake. It was too risky to keep their door unlocked if he was out of the apartment or asleep.

Yah Minsoo-ah!” Byunghun called out to his best friend and dropped his keys back into his coat pocket and then hung it over a chair in the dining room area. Not that it was that big of an area since it was attached to the kitchen and the table was barely large enough for three people to eat at when Minah came over. When MinSoo didn’t answer, Byunghun grabbed a bottled water out of the fridge (because god knows they couldn’t trust the water from their faucet) and went in search of the other.

Walking into the living room area, Byunghun almost didn’t notice MinSoo on the ground. He was going to check the rooms first since he hadn’t seen anyone in the living room when he entered the apartment, however as he walked past the couch and coffee table he saw a tattooed arm sticking out around the round coffee table. “MinSoo?” Byunghun asked, slowly making his way over to the arm and then gently nudged it with his foot before looking for the rest of MinSoo’s body.

Yah Minsoo…” Byunghun sighed and moved the table out of the way so he could wake his friend up. There was a sinking feeling in his stomach though, causing Byunghun to start to panic some. Sure, MinSoo would end up passed out drunk in random places in the past, but this felt different. “Wake up MinSoo and go to bed before you catch a cold.” Byunghun scolded the other, however even as Byunghun pulled him out of his little cranny the other didn’t react. So, shaking him some, Byunghun knelt down and then grabbed MinSoo’s face. “Yah! Wake up!” Byunghun shook the other some more and when he got no reaction his heart started to beat harder and he felt sick.

Byunghun didn’t know much about first aid. He knew how to check for a pulse though, so doing so Byunghun pressed his fingers to the other’s throat. There was a pulse but barely. He was also barely breathing…it actually took Byunghun a little bit to realize the other was breathing since it was so shallow. “!” Byunghun gasped and pulled his phone out of his pocket to call for help. Moving to sit on the ground next to MinSoo, Byunghun pulled him into his lap and held him close. Byunghun was shivering at this point, scared to death of what could come from this.

Y-yes? Hello?” Byunghun gasped into his phone when someone finally answered on the other side. “Hi! My friend he…he’s passed out. I don’t know what happened but he’s not waking up.” Looking around, Byunghun then noticed the white powder on the coffee table nearby. Hissing some, Byunghun then listened to the woman on the other side of the phone. “Ah…yeah he’s breathing but…barely.” The woman then asked for his address and Byunghun gave it. She then said to get him somewhere comfortable if it didn’t look like he was hurt anywhere. Byunghun nodded and put the phone on the table so he could drag MinSoo up on the couch.

Once his friend was on the couch, Byunghun rushed back to the phone to make sure the woman was still there and she said an ambulance is on it’s way and that he could stay on the line if he wanted. Nodding, Byunghun decided it was okay to hang up. He just had to wait…he could do that. So, hanging up after thanking the woman for her help, Byunghun knelt next to the couch and held onto MinSoo’s hand. It was cold…too cold. So, rushing to his bedroom, Byunghun grabbed a blanket and pulled it out to the living room to drape over MinSoo.

It’s okay buddy! Help is on the way, hold on!” Byunghun said, feeling hot tears starting to slip down his cheeks. Choking on his words now though, Byunghun wiped his tears away and leaned in to rest his head on MinSoo’s slowly rising and falling chest. He could feel the other’s heart beat now just by resting his head there…either that or it was his own heartbeat, honestly at this point it was hard to tell. He couldn’t think, he could barely breathe, all he could do was cry.

Hearing a siren getting closer, Byunghun suddenly jumped up. They were almost there. “Do you hear that MinSoo-ah?” Byunghun asked, wiping his tears away and then looked around. He then remembered the white powder on the table. Byunghun’s first reaction was to get rid of it. Erase all evidence of illegal activities. But…what if it helped? Sure, MinSoo could get in a lot of trouble but if the hospital knew what he had been doing before he passed out then maybe they could figure out how to fix him?

Deciding to leave it there, Byunghun rushed to the front door, stumbling a little along the way, and yanked it open. No one was there yet but if the door was open they’d be able to come in easier without waiting, right? Stomach twisting and turning, Byunghun fell to his knees again, his head against MinSoo’s chest as he fought off the tears that were still falling despite his best efforts. It was heart wrenching…he couldn’t fight off the dread of this situation. MinSoo had never been this bad before…never NOT woken up. Whatever he took really messed him up and Byunghun was going to kill him after all this….or…at least that’s what he thought.