We Are Bliss

Bliss

A/N: Due to prolonged absence, I decided to just end the main story here. Thank you for everything and watch out for the final little snippet after this~

 

Taekwoon's sister wanted Hongbin to call her Noona, or at least that's what Taekwoon whispered to his new boyfriend while she was in the kitchen making snacks for the young men to eat.

She didn't really talk to Hongbin directly too much, but took to telling Taekwoon to tell him things instead even when they were in the same room. While Noona died speaker to him very much, she did stare at him. She looked at every aspect of the you g man who was apparently Taekwoon's girlfriend's brother. She watched his face when he said things, watched his eyes and listened as if to make sure he wasn't lying about anything.

Unlike Taekwoon, Hongbin was an only child so wasn't really sure if he had to say or do anything specifically when talking about his fake sister. Did he brag about her when asked or talk her down? Was he supposed to be really overprotective and resentful towards Taekwoon or respect him as a random guy who loved a random girl? He was overwhelmed with all the possibilities for things to go wrong.

Noona finally addressed him face to face in asking with a smug smile, "Who's older between you and your sister?"

He and Taekwoon both answered, 

"Youn-!"

Olde-!"

They looked at each other, then quickly tried to clean it up. Hongbin started laughing hysterically and said, "My sister and I are twins! She's technically older but she acts younger!"

He laughed a bit more and Taekwoon enthusiastically agreed despite how childish the explanation sounded.

Taekwoon's sister gave a slow nod and sat back with folded arms. "Oh okayy", she said, oozing with disbelief. "So you're saying I never heard the story of your girlfriend and her twin brother who I've coincidentally seen before even seeing a picture of her?"

It was silent for a moment, then Taekwoon dropped his head to his hands and said quietly, "Please don't tell Mom and Dad."

Hongbin was taken by surprise of his sudden confession, but Noona her teeth with a knowing hum.

"I thought so . . . So you're the boyfriend." She said with a deep sigh. Hongbin wasn't exactly sure how she'd decided her brother was gay or how she knew they were dating just from Taekwoon's begging not to tell their parents, but she was obviously keen to what was going on more than he was. He also buried his face down, in an apology? Perhaps anxiety?

"Lift your head", Noona said to Taekwoon with a soft voice. He looked up slowly to see his older sister's soft dark eyes boring into him. They were passionate and warm at the same time. Hongbin only peeked up for a moment to see what was happening between them.

"Taekwoon-ah", Noona started. "I've thought of you since you were just a birthday wish in my seven year old mind. I knew you since you were the nondescript baby I drew on my show and tell for school. We were bonded together as a family since the moment I met you in the hospital. Did you think I didn't know you considered yourself married to another little boy? Did you think I didn't watch you sneak off to your little LGBTQ club? Taekwoon-ah? I've always known you were gay. It's more surprising that you didn't know I knew."

Taekwoon was speechless. Hongbin felt hot tears streaming down his face. They misunderstood her. She just wanted the truth from her brother. She wasn't judgemental.

"I'm not like Mom and Dad", Noona continued. "I wanted to wait for you to tell me but I couldn't any longer. I just wanted to tell you I was proud of you."

Taekwoon still couldn't speak, but rushed at his sister with a hug.

She held him in her arms for a long time, then beckoned Hongbin over. He came into her embrace and she wiped his tears.

"Did you think I didn't remember you? I recognized a mile away the boy my brother used to be infatuated with. It was the first and last time he was ever so taken with another person. Thank you for loving him." She said with a slight laugh.

After drying the tears, the small group talked. They talked about their sides of the story in how they met again. Hongbin expressed how worrisome it was when he didn't know if Taekwoon recognized him or not. Taekwoon caused his boyfriend to shyly laugh when he admitted to wanting to kiss Hongbin upon first meeting again.

That's when Noona slyly asked with a smile, "Have you two ever kissed before?"

They both went silent, causing her to laugh.

She got up and said in a loud voice, still smiling, "I forgot that I had to run an errand, so if someone were to kiss in say an hour or so before everybody got back home- I would have no idea~."

Taekwoon choked as she gathered her things and quickly left and Hongbin marveled at how embarrassed his boyfriend was.

Taekwoon stood up to go call her back in, but Hongbin pulled him down into the couch by his hand.

"Come here", Hongbin said gently. He pulled Taekwoon down and put his head on his broad shoulders. He felt a fast heartbeat on Taekwoon's body, but took comfortable in it. Eventually they both calmed down a bit and sat comfortably, Hongbin with his face in the crook of Taekwoon's neck and Taekwoon with his cheek resting on Hongbin's head. 

They didn't say anything.

For a moment Hongbin thought back to his parents who were probably calling around frantically to find him. He thought about The Leader and all the other club members that had their own stories to tell and tears to cry. He thought about Taekwoon's family and how they might be a little bit more open than his since his sister was so supporting. He thought about Taekwoon in general. Something about them being together just felt right. He loved the way they fit together as if it was meant to be since the beginning.

Silence was bliss.

Again, Hongbin didn't realize he was crying till the harvesters trickled down his face. He wasn't sad this time though. There was a new world opening up for him. Even if his parents were ignorant, he would have to move past them. He was on his way to becoming a stronger person with Taekwoon by his side to help.

His boyfriend kissed the tears off of his cheeks, then pressed a soft kiss to his lips.

Hongbin fall into the love.

They were bliss.

 

Mobile pinku pinku. Last thank you and goodbyes.

You guys were a great crowd. Thanks.for the support.

Please check out my other stories if you want :D