New Year

Cookie Jar (some Woo Ji Ho One Shots)

I know this is a smidgen too late to ring in the New Year; but I hope everyone has a really great one! Happy 2015~

 

Once upon a time...

You stand on the steps of your house, shivering ever so slightly in the chilly night's air. You and Jiho had both been to a New Year's party; and were supposed to stay the entire duration, However, neither of you much felt like staying within a crowd for too long; so you had said your goodbyes and left around two hours before midnight. Walking home (it was a relatively short distance), he had kept looking at you with a soft smile on his face.

You were, and still are, in a beautiful, long sleeved little black dress that showed off your shoulders, with a skirt that flared just the right amount until your knees. He had a black shirt to match, with a white kerchief in his pocket. He had suddenly stopped you, with a boyish grin on his face, stating that both of you looked too good just to go spend the rest of the night at home. He had coyly suggested grabbing a few supplies from the house, and going to the little hill at the park. You were a bit tired, but decided to oblige him. Besides, it did sound a little better not to be cooped up. So as soon as you had reached home, he shooed you to grab a shawl and a few blankets, while he tithered about in the kitchen.

He meets you on the stairs; carrying a mysterious picnic basket. Upon enquiry, he waves it off and offers his arm; true gentleman style. You both stroll down the street; swaying and jay-walking and taking all the merry old time you wanted.

There are a few people at the park; and although admittedly the majority of them are couples, none of you mind. Jiho spreads the largest blanket on the ground and urges you to sit; draping the shawl around your shoulders. He drops unceremoniously next to you, opening the basket... and the fool takes out hot (now warm) chocolate and pours it into two wine glasses. He even drops marshmallows into them with an exaggerated, 'y' smirk. You burst into laughter and almost spill the glass; and you wonder in the back of your mind about which gutter you managed to fish him out of.

You both sip at the comforting liquid in glee; enjoying the chilly air and the sparkling stars. Jiho lies back on the blanket, pulling you down with him to cuddle. He reaches for another blanket and throws it over both of you, pulling you as close to him as possible. You hum in contentment, his chest while he draws lazy circles on your back. You listen to the purr of his breath in his chest when he chuckles at his own jokes, and the slight jump in his heartbeat whenever you touch him. You reach your hand up, bend his face towards you and kiss him softly.

He murmurs approval against your lips, and he pulls you above him; your hair gently brushing his neck. He kisses you soundly, arms firmly around your waist.

The loud cracks and booms startle the two of you, and you jump back in alarm. But the sky explodes in majestic, colourful sparkles; beautiful flowers and circles and fires. You look up at them in awe, and hold onto his hand tightly. He slides to sit behind you, wrapping his arms around you and resting his chin on your shoulder. You lean back into his warmth and he whispers in your ear promises of stronger love for this year. Oaths to never let you fall, to give you security and comfort, to give you a home no matter where you are or go.

The end~

I hope you enjoyed it ^_^